Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I dunno lads, it's a massive come down from SM3DW and Rayman. I remember enjoying NSMB on the DS. This just grated with me. Some levels were really badly designed. Too many dark levels for a Mario title. Just kinda dull and repetitive. And Christ the boss levels have to be the worst in years. I get it's "old skool", but come on, a tad more imagination please.

Just felt like a very lazy generic Mario churn out platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I seem to be one of the few that actually really liked this. I honestly thought it was the best in the NSMB series.

You're not. It is the best of the NSMB series.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I dunno lads, it's a massive come down from SM3DW and Rayman. I remember enjoying NSMB on the DS. This just grated with me. Some levels were really badly designed. Too many dark levels for a Mario title. Just kinda dull and repetitive. And Christ the boss levels have to be the worst in years. I get it's "old skool", but come on, a tad more imagination please.

Just felt like a very lazy generic Mario churn out platformer.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy it, have you tried DKCR Tropical Freeze?

That's next on my list and about to be shipped out to me by Amazon :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just spent 2 delightful hours in the company of Star Fox Zero, great fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just spent 2 delightful hours in the company of Star Fox Zero, great fun

I just downloaded the demo and gave it a spin. Surprisingly enjoyable! The controls were easier to manage than I expected, when it all comes together, it actually works quite well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The controls are no more complex than pre 360/PS3 days, when every title seemed to come equipped with its own idiosyncratic control system, Jumping Flash and Metroid Prime for example.
    All Starfox Zero needs is for the player to put in some practice and the title is just fine.
    Polygon should be ashamed of themselves for their juvenile attention seeking non review.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Finally got around to finishing Ghost Recon Shadow Wars on the 3DS. Loved every minute of it.

It is the game that got me into tactical RPGs and it's a great place to start for those wondering about the genre.

The controls and upgrade system are simple and easy to understand, while the game rewards strategic thinking especially on the highest difficulty setting where one bold move too many could mean the end of a mission.

Unlike XCOM, if one of your party members die the mission is over. You can however save the game at any point which is handy since a few of the later missions took me 2 hours to complete!

It took me 50 hours in total to complete on the highest difficulty which isn't bad for a game that cost me €7 second hand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Finally started Shin megami tensei iv last night, I like it! Got it on sale at the start of the summer on the eshop, think it was €10 at the time.

Is part 2 getting a physical release in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon Sun/Moon demo it's beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooooh must give that a go later.
    Is it like the last one where you have to beat it around 300 times to milk every last bonus pokéball out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Finally started Shin megami tensei iv last night, I like it! Got it on sale at the start of the summer on the eshop, think it was €10 at the time.

No digital again unfortunately AFAIK and it'll be Christmas I think it's out.
    Glad you're enjoying it :) if you ever get stuck you can ask me about it, if you're wary of walk-throughs and spoilers or you don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

No digital again unfortunately AFAIK and it'll be Christmas I think it's out.
    Glad you're enjoying it :) if you ever get stuck you can ask me about it, if you're wary of walk-throughs and spoilers or you don't understand it.

Thanks Touch, so far so good, but I can see I'll get to some bits I'd be lost in.

Thanks Touch, so far so good, but I can see I'll get to some bits I'd be lost in.
    Debuffing usually with most bosses to make them easier if it catches you out. I found the map a pain in the arse

Playing Sun / Moon demo. Team Skull are totally whack, yo! Its like they got 90's Anthony Keidis in to mo-cap, dog! Word to your (hot in a reassuring way) mutha!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lovely Pokemon ad for Sun and Moon with a nice message. Goosebumpy. :)

**** yeah!

readyletsgo I think I'm actually wrong in my last post, I saw a pre order on Amazon from Deep Silver (they're publishing for Atlas in the EU)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01LY9CGBQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477136140&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Shin+Megami+Tensei+IV&dpPl=1&dpID=61hbXVuGHjL&ref=plSrch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Welp my gamecube memory card decided to give up the ghost when i was going to give eternal darkness a bash, so i decided to give dragonquest on the 3ds a go. Never played any of the series before but im enjoying the exploration. Haven't had any battles yet i presume they come a little later. Cant help but be reminded of pokemon blue sfx of going down stairs when doing the same in dq , its the same noise :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Got back into Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition last weekend. It's terrible when you leave a game for a while(over 2 months) and you forget where you are, some of the story and all the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Unearthed this old thing recently, loving the original mario again.

https://imageshack.com/i/po1qtW6Ij

Working my way through Tropical Freeze, it's great! Thanks for the tips guys. Massive improvement on NSMBU and not far off Rayman.

Is it worth getting all the puzzle and kong pieces? Don't think I'll bother.

Finally spending quality time with Wooly World and it's a cracking game.
    Looks gorgeous, plays like a classic Nintendo platformer, the type that simply no one can make better, well, maybe Yacht Club can...
    My hope is to work through the WiiU collection so when the Switch rolls around I'll have a respectable dent made in its predecessors library.
    So, I have about 4 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally started Twilight Princess HD at the weekend.
    Just finished the last of the 3 spirits

Pokemon fever setting in.
    Picked up my copy of Y which got reset. I think it's the first Pokémon game I've never done a Nuzlocke run on, 'cause I don't recognise anything. Grinding in the obligatory forest ahead of the first gym, and boasting to my daughter about all the Pikachus I'm catching. When Moon arrives in the post I'm going to make her life miserable :)

I successfully sold my town in AC:NL, so going through that again, have my 2 favourites in my town thanks to Amiibo cards, I think I'll ignore everyone else and try get in Celeste too lol.

I want to order Pokemon but I'm still stuck on which version, I wanted Sun because I thought my friends would get Moon but Moon has that cool U1 Beauty Pokemon whatever it's called, it's so cool.

Making great inroads into my WiiU backlog thanks to just playing on the game pad. Tropical freeze finished (quality platformer!) just starting Twilight Princess, with Pikmin 3 lined up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm just after deleting my town :( thought I had it all sewn up with nook the crook. Damn I need time to mourn. Come 10am tomorrow morning the town of Bikinibt, With Mayor Bob will rise again.

• Advertisement

What did you do wrong? I can say what I did, I actually should have posted it here too but I'm all over the place this week.
    What I did was - got the secret storage update, paid off my debt, made sure the time and date matched with my 3DS, saved and went back to the menu because it works from the last save.
    Edit: I forgot I met wisp too.
    I can give you some bells and stuff to set up again if you like? It must be such a bummer. That's why I even bought my favourite characters amiibo cards I thought I'd do that.

Advertisement