Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Finally spending quality time with Wooly World and it's a cracking game.
    Looks gorgeous, plays like a classic Nintendo platformer, the type that simply no one can make better, well, maybe Yacht Club can...
    My hope is to work through the WiiU collection so when the Switch rolls around I'll have a respectable dent made in its predecessors library.
    So, I have about 4 months!

Easily one of the best games on Wii U. Beautiful, lengthy and utterly charming. It's such a chill-out relaxing game, even when the pressure is on. And it has a stunning soundtrack. Every Wii U needs to own and play this. It deserves a port to Switch to be fully appreciated.

Yoshi's Woolly World - Complete Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNkf0Y6v-g

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Easily one of the best games on Wii U. Beautiful, lengthy and utterly charming. It's such a chill-out relaxing game, even when the pressure is on. And it has a stunning soundtrack. Every Wii U needs to own and play this. It deserves a port to Switch to be fully appreciated.

Yoshi's Woolly World - Complete Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNkf0Y6v-g

I'm going to have to rip the audio from that Youtube video as a mp3 file, then use a splitter to turn it into individual tracks. From there either pop it on my phone or burn it to CD... lovely...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sligeach wrote: »
    Easily one of the best games on Wii U. Beautiful, lengthy and utterly charming. It's such a chill-out relaxing game
    Looking out for easy going games lately to bring the stress down a bit, I'll put it on my list maybe Santie will get it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Wooly World is very, very good but there's a few little things that stop it from being great. Some great ideas are thought of but never used near enough, the vehicle/object interludes are quite cool but are too short lived. The boss battles are a little samey as well, which was a little disappointing because of the wool technique it could have been really creative. Still a very, very good game though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 3DS port of Woolly World should make sure that the world gets to play it, and it comes with some new levels, so perhaps it'll make even better use of the fabric aesthetic from the game.
    Of course, I'll have to go back and play Kirby's Epic Yarn, another "must play someday" game in the pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm going to have to rip the audio from that Youtube video as a mp3 file, then use a splitter to turn it into individual tracks. From there either pop it on my phone or burn it to CD... lovely...

I've had the title screen track of that game as my ring tone for at least a year now. Such a brilliant soundtrack.

Picked up Rhythm Paradise Megamix today, great game. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face and scratches that warioware itch perfectly.

Mr E wrote: »
    I've had the title screen track of that game as my ring tone for at least a year now. Such a brilliant soundtrack
    Hardly anyone I know even has different ring tones like that. I used to change mine every few months, remember having Katamari for ages and one of the lads used to go "na nanananananana" when it rang

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Bought LEGO City Undercover last summer and never got around to playing it.

Stuck it in this evening and I'm getting "Dirty Disc" after a few minutes on Chapter 1 (just as you wake up the Captain). Raging. It's been too long to bring it back. Spent about €32 on it.
    Only choice now is to hack the Wii U, rip my disc to SD, try play through the bit its crashing at, and then go back to stock and continue as normal!! :D

Or else if someone can get me a save game after Chapter 1, I'd be grateful! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got back to the N3DSXL for the first time in a long while. Donkey Kong Country Returns. So much insta death in mine carts and rocket barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Same here. Went back to the new3ds last few days in about 6 months. Mk7, dkcr, super Mario world at the moment. Got the 3ds is a brilliant system. I have so many downloaded games that I haven't even started.

Thinking if upgrading to the black and red xl soon now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭briany

Playing Mario Galaxy 2 at the minute and it's really just everything you want in a video game. Fantastic game play, art design, sound design, and just the right amount of challenge. Just when you think there are no surprises left, the next galaxy throws level designs and gameplay mechanics at you that keep you hooked.

Great fun, and I look forward to firing it up again later on tonight.

Banjo wrote: »
    Tamodachi Life is weird.
    Anyone want to volunteer their Mii by QR code to live in Ninyopia?
    I played it a lot but then got bored and never went back to it. I can give you my Mii, do I get the qrcode through mii maker? I can't remember lol

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

An absolute classic
    briany wrote: »
    Playing Mario Galaxy 2 at the minute and it's really just everything you want in a video game. Fantastic game play, art design, sound design, and just the right amount of challenge. Just when you think there are no surprises left, the next galaxy throws level designs and gameplay mechanics at you that keep you hooked.

Great fun, and I look forward to firing it up again later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'm pissed off with Ghosts and Goblins on my NES. I just can't get far at all in that game. It's impossible!

Not impossible, just beyond mere mortals like us.
    I think the game demands complete devotion and hours of play, with memory of enemy positions being vital.

I remember loving Ghosts and Goblins back in the day on the C64.
    The game I'd love to see again though is Wardner, which thieved many the coin from my sweaty hand in the arcade. I believe there was a port of it for the Famicom but I've never seen a trace of it on the VC or elsewhere. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm pissed off with Ghosts and Goblins on my NES. I just can't get far at all in that game. It's impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh man I loved Wardner. IT has another name I think, based on a lot of messing with Raine and System 16 in the late 90s. Fecked if I can remember what it was, but it may have been released under an alias...

Edit : it's "Pyros" and it hasn't been released on VC. :(

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Xofpod wrote: »
    I remember loving Ghosts and Goblins back in the day on the C64.
    The game I'd love to see again though is Wardner, which thieved many the coin from my sweaty hand in the arcade. I believe there was a port of it for the Famicom but I've never seen a trace of it on the VC or elsewhere. Anyone have any ideas?

I originally played Ghosts n Goblins on my ZX spectrum and it was impossible. Only played it on the NES when I got my NES mini a few weeks back. It's still impossible and those Devil things that keep flying down are just mental hard! With the slower response times on the spectrum you can imagine how hard it was on that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Picking up a second hand Wii U tonight and really looking forward to getting stuck into some Mario Maker and Mario Kart 8 for the first time tonight.

• Advertisement

Mario Kart 8 is startling in how good it is.
    It's like Pixar made Cars 3 but had it feature Mario IP instead, it's gorgeous and a blast to play in both multi and single player.
    Plus, some of the best DLC ever made.

Then Pixar went and actually made Cars 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Guys, guys guys. Pixar sold the Cars universe to their parent company Disney. Disney are to blame for all Cars-universe movies, ie Planes. And Pixar have already apologised for Cars 1 and 2. Let's not drag them through the mud, like they were a well-meaning apatosaurus and we were an unrelenting flood intent on murdering them and separating their child from it's family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

To avoid a ninty forum permaban :pac: i played mario galaxy and finished it a few days ago
    dbUt4V1.jpg
    Really glad i did it is a great game and im super hyped now for a switch mario launch game.
    meanwhile ive been playing shantae half genie hero and a ton of pokemon moon, i love the christmas break :D

Stealth "Look at my amiibo collection" post?

Can you finish it with only 67 stars?

:D

i beat bowser and got the credits scene and ending but there is a bonus for getting all the stars youve missed but im trying to get as much gaming as i can get in before the christmas ends, i might try and get them all some other time.

Yeah I'm the same with regards finishing games. Just wasn't sure you could get to the credits with that many stars

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm so gonna rob those amiibo when you're not looking, not sure if jaws or psycho theme works best here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm so gonna rob those amiibo when you're not looking, not sure if jaws or psycho theme works best here.

I find Careless Whisper by George Michael works best. Who could resist the angelic romanticism of George once that song is played?

Ace Attorney will be so distracted, you could quite easily nab a few.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I find Careless Whisper by George Michael works best. Who could resist the angelic romanticism of George once that song is played?

Ace Attorney will be so distracted, you could quite easily nab a few.

RobbingBandit used careless whisper!
    Its super effective! :D

Advertisement