Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm more a Chloroform and Wham man myself, wake me up before ya go go...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm more a Chloroform and Wham man myself, wake me up before ya go go...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

A recent Walking Dead marathon led me to stick on Dead Rising Chop till you Drop last night.

I really want to love it, but it annoys me. Not sure why.

I'm starting to understand why my career as a games reviewer never took off, though.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Ether, damn you are old school nurse ratchet. Can't use that myself sensory integration issues and all that, not getting what the big love in for Ghost Trick is all about, game is just meh, meh I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished DKC Returns 3d so now started Prof Layton and the Spectre's Call. Hate not being able to pause the cutscenes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Finished DKC Returns 3d so now started Prof Layton and the Spectre's Call. Hate not being able to pause the cutscenes

Thats one series i have yet to play yet, i really liked professor layton vs phoenix wright puzzle bits in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just close the 3ds and it should pause.

Jebus, George Michael died today. Info just released now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jebus, George Michael died today. Info just released now.

I know, what the fuk did I do!! :(

Wasn't making fun at the time, genuine fan of his music.

Me too, very sad have been watching videos on YouTube for the last hour now, been a mad year for musicians dieing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Started Sun this week, I wasn't sure how I felt but just made it past the first trial and really enjoying it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Started Sun this week, I wasn't sure how I felt but just made it past the first trial and really enjoying it.

Was watching my eldest play it and looks really good. Think I'll pick up Moon when it comes back into stock.

In the meantime I've being playing Diamond, first time I've gave any Pokémon game a decent amount of time - pretty good fun.

Rayman Legends, where have you been all my life?!

Just started it there. Great fun and packed with content.

Feels weird playing a Ubisoft game without having to climb a tower.

New year, new me. Need to get more active etc. etc.

So I downloaded Mario Tennis on the GBC. It plays surprisingly well! It's very fluid. I was in the humour for some ball and bat action and stumbled across this little gem for €5.

I have only played some exhibition matches but the story mode seems to include some RPG elements.

You never know what you'll come across on that eshop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have it on cartridge somewhere, must find it again.

I haven't played a Nintendo game properly in a couple of weeks now.
    Having completed The Last Guardian I think I'll get back into that other game of nursing an animal companion through a wild and unforgiving landscape, you guessed it, Yoshi's Wooly World!
    I was playing it prior to Christmas and had an absolute blast, so it's time to dig back in there... ahead of the inevitable purchase of it's portable version in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've been cursing some of the posters here for getting me curious about Pocket Card Jockey...
    It's all I've been playing recently!

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've been cursing some of the posters here for getting me curious about Pocket Card Jockey...
    It's all I've been playing recently!
    homer-tv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Playing Master Blaster Zero on 3DS. Not sure if it's really hard or if playing it without a second analogue stick is harder. :o
    Trying to steer Sophia 3rd & shoot with one stick is tough to get accustomed to

I've gone back to the Spirit of Justice while I wait for Persona 5.
    I can't post in the Ace Attorney 6 thread anymore, I keep getting 404.
    I got it here too but my posts are showing up now ... Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Played the first two levels of Star Fox Zero as a bit of a palate cleanser from Zelda.

It's tough getting used to the 2 screen controls but it's definitely a fun game and was a steal at €10.

Much preferred the arwing stuff to the "walker" so far.

• Advertisement

Found my ds stash tonight been dabbling in Radiant Historia and Chrono Trigger am off now to youtube to listen to the full ensemble frog theme and to see if I can find any Radiant Historia ost as the cd is long lost now.

Found my ds stash tonight been dabbling in Radiant Historia and Chrono Trigger am off now to youtube to listen to the full ensemble frog theme and to see if I can find any Radiant Historia ost as the cd is long lost now.

Blasphemy! The Guardia Castle music is what all should aspire to. I listened to a 10 minute loop of it in the car on the way home today coincidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That was the exact moment I fell in love with Chrono Trigger. That bit where Frog just strolls up to the cliff-face, all casual like, with that tune in the background is just deadly.

Song's stuck in me head again now.

Completed, Super Mario 3D World, ZombiU, Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U
    Also finished SM3 on the Classic Mini

Next up is Bayonetta 2 again & Starfox Zero

Leaving Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze & Devils Third for a rainy day :)

As for Zelda on Switch, don't think I'll ever be done!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

BotW and I am Setsuna completed on switch.

I am Setsuna is a real mixed bag.

Started playing GEM, mightily impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Completed, ... Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U

My hole you did. All Adventure mode maps? Get back to work, sonny-boy!

Speaking of holes, my girls were rooting through my WiiU games, put them all back in the wrong order so now I've got the cover of Bayonetta 1 beckoning me to come back and finish her off... Put it away, foul temptress! I still have 40-odd shrines to find.

Banjo wrote: »
    My hole you did. All Adventure mode maps? Get back to work, sonny-boy!

Speaking of holes, my girls were rooting through my WiiU games, put them all back in the wrong order so now I've got the cover of Bayonetta 1 beckoning me to come back and finish her off... Put it away, foul temptress! I still have 40-odd shrines to find.

Campaign that is!!
    It took me about 12 hours I think. I don't fancy tackling the grind fest adventure mode. Maybe in the future.

Devil's Third
    Rough around the edges guilty pleasure
    Play with beer for optimal results

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really enjoying Wonder Boy The Monsters Trap. The backtracking when you die is a pain in the ass, but it's your own fault if you die - it's a fair game that rewards skill and punishes haste. Graphics and music are gorgeous too, which doesn't hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really enjoying Graceful Explosion Machine more than I thought I would.

Advertisement