Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really enjoying Graceful Explosion Machine more than I thought I would.
    I've not heard of it, what's it like?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Graceful Explosion Machine....
    Sounds like Star Lords groin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've not heard of it, what's it like?

Simple idea for a game. Not exactly original but it's addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's a really good game. People who ignore or just judge consoles on AAA titles will miss out on a lot of gems like this one, especially on the Switch which looks like it'll be a great base for these kind of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I caved and bought Binding of Isaac from the US eShop. I never warmed to it on the PC, but it's pretty good on the Switch, though it looks horrible on big screen mode (I know it's not supposed to be a good looking game, but the big screen makes it look like you're trying to run a GameBoy game at full screen PC resolution)

I've not finished it yet (so, so close) but I'm really, really enjoying it and can see myself coming back to this for a good while. Much better than Has Been Heroes, and Mr. Shifty (though the latter is fairly fun while it lasts)

• Advertisement

I finished Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice, really good game, I'd recommend playing it to fans of the series.
    Anyone played the DLC? I didn't play the DLC in the last game either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I finished Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice, really good game, I'd recommend playing it to fans of the series.
    Anyone played the DLC? I didn't play the DLC in the last game either

I really need to get back into the first one. The last case I was doing was when the actor was murdered on set. Still collecting evidence. If the judges are half as crooked as before I'm in for a rough ride.

There was always some hilariously ridiculous reason as to why the judge went against me!

Defendant: "Your Honour I know there is finger print evidence and a selfie of my client smiling beside the body but Mr. Wright's shirt is creased so we can't take his evidence seriously."

Judge: "Agreed. Back to the drawing board Phoenix you filthy amature."

Ok, not quite that bad but not far off. :D

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I really need to get back into the first one. The last case I was doing was when the actor was murdered on set. Still collecting evidence. If the judges are half as crooked as before I'm in for a rough ride.

There was always some hilariously ridiculous reason as to why the judge went against me!
    You should go back to it sometime. The last case is really good. The best game still is the 3rd one, that game was amazing.

The judge usually sides with the prosecutors throughout the games unless you're shown enough evidence.

SoJ is like 6 games ahead excluding i Investigations I think.
    I always think there was 2 Apollo games.

Chapter 14 of Bayonetta 2...

Dat-Ass.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Finished Chase: Cold Case Investigations last night. As the unofficial spiritual successor to the Kyle Hyde DS series it was a letdown.
    Very short even for the price (about 75 minutes). The story was interesting went from an accident investigation to a murder one logically, Nanase had zero charm & maybe just came across bad in the translation which was poor at times. (Who the hell uses; in league with?)
    The ending was there to set up a follow up which may never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks I'm thinking of picking up the New 3DS while it's on sale in Argos.

Will probably only get one game for the time being and add to the collection as I go.

Having said that what would people suggest I pick up first? The last Nintendo game I played was Super Mario Bros on the DS Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

emmetkenny wrote:
    Having said that what would people suggest I pick up first? The last Nintendo game I played was Super Mario Bros on the DS Lite.

A link between worlds is €18 there great game imo.
    Ace Attourney trilogy is €12 atm on the eShop too. You can get Mutant Mudds for €2.50 if you get 15 credit.
    Pokemon Sun/Moon is fine. Mario Maker & Smash Bros are better elsewhere. If your getting a Mario game get 3D Land as SMB2 is pretty average imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    A link between worlds is €18 there great game imo.
    Ace Attourney trilogy is €12 atm on the eShop too. You can get Mutant Mudds for €2.50 if you get 15 credit.
    Pokemon Sun/Moon is fine. Mario Maker & Smash Bros are better elsewhere. If your getting a Mario game get 3D Land as SMB2 is pretty average imo.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll have a look at those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Was all jazzed up to play I Am Setsuna but realised it was 39euro and that's too much for now :(

Beat Kamiko earlier this week but the other characters looked fun to play with so I'm using the shield-and-sword girl now, still a lot of fun.

Mario Kart 8 on the Switch is still a high priority as well, need to get stuck into 150cc again and start racking up the coins for more karts. Dabbled in online the other day so might do so again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Started pikmin 3 last night after finishing Zelda. Decent start if a little clunky and slow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Started pikmin 3 last night after finishing Zelda. Decent start if a little clunky and slow!

It gets fraught pretty quickly!
    Gorgeous looking game though, I really must get back to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Currently playing through Donkey kong jungle beat and wario land the shake dimension. Two very cheap but great games.

I have Jungle Beat for the GC, it's odd to play it with the bongos!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Found pikmin for wii last night in with some Dvds I'm gonna trade in tomorrow might try set up my Wii and give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 on the GBA. Always had mad love for this since playing it for the first time a couple years back. You think it's just gonna be a cash-in port, but they've built it for the GBA and stocked it high with bonuses, so you've got loads to work with.

Also, their rendition of Ryu's Theme might the only time a GBA speaker improves on a song.

• Advertisement

I love, and still own, Pocket Fighter, on the PS, just a great fun game.
    Is that out on the GBA I wonder?
    If so, I must pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Oddly, the only way to put Pocket Fighter in your pocket is the Wonderswan version. It ain't even got a 'PS on PSP' version.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Oddly, the only way to put Pocket Fighter in your pocket is the Wonderswan version. It ain't even got a 'PS on PSP' version.

Well, if you know how, you can get the game on PSP, there's some software out there to help with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm almost done with the extra puzzles you unlock in Picross DS after beating all 10 levels in normal mode, just 3 more to do.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I'm almost done with the extra puzzles you unlock in Picross DS after beating all 10 levels in normal mode, just 3 more to do.

I suffered as a result of this game, specifically finishing it and having withdrawal symptoms.
    An excellent title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm still playing Pokemon Picross over a year and a half after it came out, it combines two of my favourite things into one package. I paid the full price rather than put up with the free-to-play limits and it was totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

Playing Mario kart on the switch at the moment, I really enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

elekid wrote: »
    I'm still playing Pokemon Picross over a year and a half after it came out, it combines two of my favourite things into one package. I paid the full price rather than put up with the free-to-play limits and it was totally worth it.

I'm one of those weirdos who's still making their way through the game without having paid anything. Not sure how I ended up like this. Think it was because when it came out I had yet to finish the puzzles in IllustLogic and Picross DS, so buying another nonogram game seemed foolish, but then I ended up dipping into Pokemon Picross every night before turning in, I'd spend a few minutes doing a puzzle or two, and now here I am with that game close to completion and IllustLogic and Picross DS gathering dust on the shelf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm playing Zelda: The Minish Cap this weekend on Wii U Virtual Console. It's a great game.

• Advertisement

Just finished SM3D world on my 3DS this weekend.
    Great game, if little easy.

Last few levels were a challenge however

Advertisement