Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just finished SM3D world on my 3DS this weekend.
    Great game, if little easy.

Last few levels were a challenge however

Finished? Or finished-finished?

Banjo wrote: »
    Finished? Or finished-finished?

Nah, noob finished. Not collect everything finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Super Mario Bros 3 on the SNES

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nah, noob finished. Not collect everything finished

Well, there's at least 3 grades of Finished in that game. Personally I finished it the easy way, beat a few of the secondary versions of worlds and then discovered - catastrophically - that 3ds games were not compatible with the nds adapter FW I was running. Sounds like you at least made grade #2. Kudos!

For posterity, currently playing Splat2n, Minecraft and Samus Returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Got an hour of Golf Story in there. Really enjoyable and having done a spell in Oz (the country not the prison) the writing is gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Just finished Steamworld Dig 2 - absolute gem of a game (all the puns intended!) - so well put together and presented, great to play, and a lovely soundtrack

OnDraught wrote: »
    Got an hour of Golf Story in there. Really enjoyable and having done a spell in Oz (the country not the prison) the writing is gas.

Was very interested in Golf Story already, but the above sold it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »
    Super Mario Bros 3 on the SNES

Haven't played the SNES in about a week. I'm at the start of the last world of this, but the last time I went to play the SNES I was exhausted and didn't have the head for the last world, so started on Donkey Kong. I forgot that when you go back to a saved game that you are back to 5 lives regardless of how many you had at the saved point :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just finished Mario + Rabbids, it's as good or better than advertised. Also finally got around to doing a run through Kamiko (I'm a long way behind the curve on this), cool little game, very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started Rabbids last night (traded Arms - wasn't my cup of tea and has been gathering dust for the last 6 weeks). Great game so far - tough too!

I'm about 8 hours into Steamworld Dig 2 and about 2 hours into Golf Story.

Getting Stardew Valley and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime from the Mexican eShop tomorrow (I'll get change from $20, compared to €29/$34 here).

Did you not read the impassioned plea from the SDV devs, about how they've gouged the price as low as they can on eShop to ensure that they offer parity across platforms as far as possible, but that playing eShop tourist will damage their bottom line and any dev's future decisions around pricing?

I say all this from my comfy Abkhazian Dacha from which I play cut-price Fifa with my comrades. Do as the party says, my friend, not as they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ok so, I'll buy from the EU shop, on the condition that you don't ask for proof and we never speak of this again. Ariba.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Silver at the moment had to stop playing Persona Q unfortunately very good game but difficult to focus on for long periods of time with my eyes still defunct.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mario Galaxy. Fantastic game. And technically very impressive on what was considered a weak machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rayman Legends on the Switch.

4th time buying this game after the PC, Vita, Free on the Xbox one and now the switch. Forgot how much fun this game was and after 2 weeks of playing it I a barely 60% done in it !!!!.

I’ve been playing Stardew Valley. Can’t say I see what all the fuss is about so far. It’s good for what it is. I played Harvest Moon DS when it came out and I’m not sure this is leaps ahead yet. Maybe I need to get on with the adventuring a bit more.
    I accidentally threw my sword in the bin though so I assume I’ll be able to buy a new one somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Still playing Golf Story but getting to the end of it now. On the Pro Tour course and cleaning up side quests so I can bump up my stats and equipment. Really looking forward to what I presume is the final match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm trying to get some time into Golf Story but last night it was mostly VVVVVV on the 3DS.
    This eejit thought that the physical buttons of the 3DS would make the game easier than the version I have on my phone... how wrong I was!
    Still compelling in a "I can't stop poking the wound in my arm" kind of way.

I’ve been playing Stardew Valley. Can’t say I see what all the fuss is about so far. It’s good for what it is. I played Harvest Moon DS when it came out and I’m not sure this is leaps ahead yet. Maybe I need to get on with the adventuring a bit more.
    I accidentally threw my sword in the bin though so I assume I’ll be able to buy a new one somewhere.

Me too! (Playing Stardew Valley, not that thing in the spoiler. You're a tool! ;) )
    I think the appeal is that it goes back to what Harvest Moon was like before it got bogged down in the 15 minute unskippable cutscenes full of bull**** forest sprites that made up the first hour or so of the last few games. It's less overwhelming than Story of Seasons was as well. It may be that it's leaps behind the competition, but in a game like this that's actually a better place to be.

I'm about 10 days in so far, and I'm broke. And It's some little fella's birthday and I can't find his house to give him a piece of coal or a broken CD...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm trying to get some time into Golf Story but last night it was mostly VVVVVV on the 3DS.
    This eejit thought that the physical buttons of the 3DS would make the game easier than the version I have on my phone... how wrong I was!

I found the same thing in Golf Story. Physical buttons take a fraction of a second longer to press than digital buttons. Was always missing my stroke by a tiny amount each time. Delayed my button press and now I hit 100% (or whatever amount is appropriate) power almost every time.

First hole-in-one last night. Love the sound the albatross makes, ka-KAW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

VVVVVV is fantastic. Found it much better playing on the 3DS than on the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Played Stardew Valley for the first time yesterday.

13hrs later, I like it, I think. I never played a farm life SIM type game before so this is all new to me, but I'm hooked and have no idea why! I'm on the first day of fall now, so gonna load up on pumpkin seeds and cranberry seeds, build up my cash and give everyone presents tonight. And keep going in the cave, I think? At level 10ish in the cave.

Christ. Those little bastards will only accept giant eggs and milk. I'll never clear the Animals products bundle by Winter. Damn you, you tiny arborial pricks!

That said, Stardew Valley is a lovely place. You should come visit!

Wulverblade is ****ing hard; frustratingly so.
    Shame as everything else is so good.
    I know people say git gud but I cannot get past the second level (Past the checkpoint). After about 10 attempts I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm playing through Golf Story at the moment. It's good, if a little repetitive. I'd rather be playing Steamworld Dig 2 but I'm saving that for a long flight next week.

10 days later and I’ve put 40 hours in to this. It’s all consuming. I need to delete it for my sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

10 days later and I’ve put 40 hours in to this. It’s all consuming. I need to delete it for my sanity.

Same!!!!

About to hit my first Winter. Just scraped enough gold star pumpkins to appease my spritely overlords, so now all I need is a few days of Winter foraging and to make my new goat and duck love me enough to cough up some premium goods, and I am gonna be farming all year long, baby. Hit level 40 in the mines too, which was nice. Can finally start farming some Iron ore.

Is there a secret to finding coal? I find that's by far the limiting factor on my metalwork, and that 10 wood -> 1 coal converter is too expensive and slow to make up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Finished Super Mario World this evening. It's a fantastic game, I can only imagine it would have blew me away 25 years ago. The level design is great, clever and there's so many secrets and shortcuts.
    DOtSsmoWsAUK3RR?format=jpg

DOtUdjGX4AA2jz8?format=jpg

I've only one level left, I used the back door into the castle but other than that, I've completed absolutely everything within the game, including Star Road and the Special Levels, I did them at the start. I'll complete the main entrance to the final castle shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Must download this. Never played it, nor Super Metroid.:o

• Advertisement

Kicked off Binding of Isaac a while ago. Couldn't see what all the fuss is about. 2 hours later and I still can't see what all the fuss is about, but damned if I can't stop looking for that blasted fuss!

That said, I've beaten 1 floor, once. This is infuriating.

Advertisement