Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

keane2097 wrote: »
    Finished the main quest in Odyssey this evening, surprised it only took me five or six hours total I'd say.

Will have to see how much interest I'll have in going back to try and get all of the moon things after

You must have plowed through it. I'm about 12-13 hours in and I think I'm on the second last world.
    How many moons?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You must have plowed through it. I'm about 12-13 hours in and I think I'm on the second last world.
    How many moons?

Not sure really. Played each area until the hat said 'we have enough moons let's move to the next area'.

I see after that there are a ****load of moons I missed which is no surprise - I don't really think the game gives you any impetus to go looking for extra moons during the story that I can remember.

I'll fire it up again this evening and go hunting for missed ones, not sure how long that will hold my interest but we'll see.

Can you see your play time somewhere by the way?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can you see your play time somewhere by the way?

Yes, check your switch profile on the dashboard
    It shows how many hours you have played your games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Played Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut over the weekend. It's alright, though the graphics are awful and they don't explain several things, like your health or what the different colour pills do. There's only been 1 kind of enemy. It's also very linear. Maybe it'll get better, I don't hate it, but so far it just kind of exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

just got a Wii U yesterday with Mario kart 8 and Wind Waker.so a couple of hours into Zelda already and id say itll be Mario Kart over the weekend with the missus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

Skyrim. I tend to play through 10 hours or so and then have doubts about the character I've created and go back to start again. Need to stop that.

I said I wasn't going to buy this thing for the Switch because the price was too damn high for a port of an old game (and I already own it on PS4) but the truth is I can't put the thing down now.

It looks just OK in handheld and just OK on the TV and the combat is a bit "meh". Still, it's just one of those games that I can't walk away from.

I'd love to see Bethesda and From Software team up to do an elder scrolls open world with dark souls combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Saruhashi wrote: »
    It looks just OK in handheld and just OK on the TV and the combat is a bit "meh". Still, it's just one of those games that I can't walk away from.

See, I have no basis for comparison but other WiiU and Switch games, and anything I played on my PC back in 2009. I think it looks fupping amazing in hand-held :D And now that I've learned to parry rather than cower behind my shield I'm a dragon-carving monster. If there were some way of having quick-slots for common weapons, spells and armour load-outs I would be happy out. As it is, I am merely having a ****ing ball!

Oh, and I finally understand all that Arrow to the Knee stuff I've been hearing for the guts of a decade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

Banjo wrote: »
    See, I have no basis for comparison but other WiiU and Switch games, and anything I played on my PC back in 2009. I think it looks fupping amazing in hand-held :D And now that I've learned to parry rather than cower behind my shield I'm a dragon-carving monster. If there were some way of having quick-slots for common weapons, spells and armour load-outs I would be happy out. As it is, I am merely having a ****ing ball!

Oh, and I finally understand all that Arrow to the Knee stuff I've been hearing for the guts of a decade :D

There is.

If you go to your items list you can press x to favorite (or unfavorite) items.

Now, in the game if you press up on the Dpad the game will pause and you can equip or unequip from your favorites.

In addition, if you open the favorites list and choose your item you want to quick switch to then hold left on the dpad you will see a "1" appear beside it. Choose another item and hold the right dpad and you will see a "2" appear.

Now, when you press y to bring up your hands, you will then be able to press the left dpad to equip your 1 item or press right on the dpad to bring up your 2 item.

Does it help?

*weeps silent tears of joy while shaking your hand*

• Advertisement

Lads.. Wind Waker though?.. what a f**king game..

bigphil2 wrote: »

Meh.....

hqdefault.jpg

Hehe..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

bigphil2 wrote: »

It's great.
    Yup.

Now, Skyward Sword....

There's a game in desperate need of a controller only option, perhaps a re-release on the Switch!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's great.
    Yup.

Now, Skyward Sword....

There's a game in desperate need of a controller only option, perhaps a re-release on the Switch!

yeah, with 2 bundled controllers both capable of M+ motion control and even better rumble feedback, there's no way they'll just gimic-it-up more than they already have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    yeah, with 2 bundled controllers both capable of M+ motion control and even better rumble feedback, there's no way they'll just gimic-it-up more than they already have.

I think a release for the Switch is just what this Clinical Nurse Manager ordered.
    Leave the option to flail about like a dipstick if you must, but otherwise grant me the god like ability to effect change in Hyrule with the push of button and the tilt of a d-pad/c-stick please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Kingdom battle rabbids. Haven't turned Odyssey back on since I got rabbids and never took Zelda out of the box. It's very good fun.

Tactics games are a good fit for handhelds I think, since playing a few on the PSP. This one has a nice mix of puzzles and tactical combat. It has some nice original dynamics. It's simplified in a good way, no annoying inventory to manage, just two weapons and a skill tree. Puzzles are enjoyable; more to them than the typical brain-dead crap you get in games, but nothing frustrating. Good graphics and animation in a fun cartoon world. Really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just started L.A. Noire. So far so good. Also dipped back into bomberman. It's such a good party game. Only ever play it when friends call over but it's such craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Play Super Mario Odyessy it is fantastic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got all coins and moons in odyssey. Probably my game of the year. Just so much joy and fun to be had in it. Still have some costumes to pick up but screw that. I'm done.

Now on to Xenoblade.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got all coins and moons in odyssey. Probably my game of the year. Just so much joy and fun to be had in it. Still have some costumes to pick up but screw that. I'm done.

Now on to Xenoblade.

7/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Now on to Xenoblade.

The only thing I didn't get in Mario is the Skeleton costume, have everything else. Going back to just collect gold coins seems a waste, no matter how good the game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I played a couple of hours of Blossom King yesterday and it's a lovely game. Lots of charm and is, for all intents and purposes, a Link To The Past style game on the Switch. The first dungeon had some great puzzles and the boss was TOUGH.

I'm also playing Enter the Gungeon (a perfect fit for for the switch) - I have a good few weapons unlocked and I'm consistently reaching the third area. I'm also dipping in and out of Gorogoa. Taking my time with that because I know it's short.

I keep hearing about Gungeon. What's the story? I'm currently on Elf duty so up to the nines, (ie I can't watch YouTube videos, so please sell it to me in a 3 line text pitch) but don't want to forget about my self, especially with a few days of not much but Switch to do coming. Also, are there any eShop games on sale good for a 9 year old who's getting a 2dsxl tomorrow to fill in the gaps between Pokemon catching sessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Procedurally generated dungeons, different every time, bullet hell but manageable (a dodge move makes you invincible for a second), twin stick controls, 4 characters (to start with), all with their own perks and endings, lots of secrets and unlockables and secret levels to keep things interesting. I've played 20+ hours on the PC and now at least 5 hours on the switch and it's just as good. You need to watch a trailer. Only a fiver in the Russian eShop too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Procedurally generated dungeons, different every time, bullet hell but manageable (a dodge move makes you invincible for a second), twin stick controls, 4 characters (to start with), all with their own perks and endings, lots of secrets and unlockables and secret levels to keep things interesting. I've played 20+ hours on the PC and now at least 5 hours on the switch and it's just as good. You need to watch a trailer. Only a fiver in the Russian eShop too.

All the different types of guns are excellent too, so many of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

playing waay too much splatoon 2 and rocket league, i keep wanting to play xenoblade 2 over the xmas break, but i cant stop playing the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Starting pokemon gold a few minutes ago gonna try and do the johto gyms tonight and kanto tomorrow.

Playing Skyrim for the last while and enjoying it. Tempted to pack it in and try to get into Splatoon for a while though for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mario + Rabbids is a cracking game. Not usually a fan of turn based games but this is class.

Advertisement