Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mario Odyssey. Have got some enjoyment out of it but it's nowhere near the masterpiece it's metacritic score would suggest imo. Not a patch on Zelda anyway. I found a lot of it a drag, loads of grinding and way too many moons many of which are filler material and uninspiring. Reminded me of a lot of the side quests in Zelda many of which feel like filler material again and didn't do anything to me. There's definitely a few folk at Nintendo HQ with ocd tendencies. I'd happily take less content but of a higher quality and more engaging overall, but that doesn't seem to be the trend nowadays, where content is crammed in for contents sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Playing Samus Returns. So is it hard or am i just crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

MK8 Deluxe.

Played it a lot on the Wii U so having a hard time motivating myself to complete it.

I'm Google it now anyway, but can I unlock everything from Grand Prix? Or is there stuff I can only unlock from other specific modes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everything is unlocked from the get go other than cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Played a couple of hours of Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut on the Wii U gamepad this morning. It's a very enjoyable game. The Metroid influence within is very obvious and it's better for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Only Nintendo game I'm getting near is Picross on my 3DS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just had my first game of Rocket league. It's only mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just played fifa on the PS4 for the first time. While the crowd animations are better and presentation at the start is cool, I still think the Switch version holds up very well against it. Facial animation compares especially well between the 2.
    Unfortunately my training on the Switch for the last few months didn't help me beat my 10 year old cousin. I blamed the controller. Haven't held a PlayStation controller in years. 3-2 defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just played fifa on the PS4 for the first time. While the crowd animations are better and presentation at the start is cool, I still think the Switch version holds up very well against it. Facial animation compares especially well between the 2.
    Unfortunately my training on the Switch for the last few months didn't help me beat my 10 year old cousin. I blamed the controller. Haven't held a PlayStation controller in years. 3-2 defeat.

The XB1 game is vastly superior to the Switch version in my opinion but both enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Banjo wrote: »
    Just had my first game of Rocket league. It's only mad.

Excitebike 64 football with bells

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The XB1 game is vastly superior to the Switch version in my opinion but both enjoyable

Oh I'm not denying its superior. I've no doubt its a much better all round game.
    But the switch version is still a very good game. And well worth buying. But if people need the full experience they should get the full console version.
    Happy New year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got BoTW for Xmas, and even though I spent over 90 hours on the WiiU version.....can still feel myself being drawn in. Even though I know where a lot of stuff is and what I need to do for certain quests....doing it is still another matter, or even traversing the map (since im trying for no-teleporting).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

naughtb4 wrote: »

Oh I'm not denying its superior. I've no doubt its a much better all round game.
    But the switch version is still a very good game. And well worth buying. But if people need the full experience they should get the full console version.
    Happy New year.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Both sadly behind Pes nudge nudge Konami!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Been playing Stardew Valley on the Switch, the portability means I never have to tune out of it.

The closest I'll ever get to experiencing life on crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Been playing Stardew Valley on the Switch, the portability means I never have to tune out of it.
    The closest I'll ever get to experiencing life on crack.

Woke up at 3am last night. Couldn't sleep. Played a few in game days of parsnip growing & mining helped.
    Really not enough games made like that now. Stress free & you can pick it up to play for 15 minutes or 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Right now, Breath of the Wild's got me hooked, thanks to its sheer scope. Also finished Mario Odyssey's main game. Same goes for Sonic Forces. Alongside, I've gotten a helping of Rayman Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Got BoTW for Xmas, and even though I spent over 90 hours on the WiiU version.....can still feel myself being drawn in. Even though I know where a lot of stuff is and what I need to do for certain quests....doing it is still another matter, or even traversing the map (since im trying for no-teleporting).

Same. I had it on the Wii U and got some good horses and weapons and clothes etc. Got a rake of Koroks too.
    Started from scratch on the Switch and at the start was a bit of a chore, and was thinking I couldn't be arsed doing everything again, but then I set off for Kakariko village and kinda got hooked again. I'm still not exploring as much but I'm using my existing knowledge to find things I missed in the earlier parts of the map, like a hidden shrine and a few weapons. I also didnt properly learn parrying and dodging attacks on the Wii U, which made Lynels a nightmare, but I think this time around I'll be much better off. If I can maintain motivation.

Although I didnt even unlock the full map on Wii U. The whole west side was unexplored. Didn't get near the desert, let alone the castle! So once I reach that level of progress on the Switch, I imagine I'll get back to Korok exploring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bought Nine Parchments over Christmas and only really got into it in the last week or so. It's definitely a game intended for multiple players but playing solo is okay. Plenty of challenge and discovery, puts me in a mind of Diablo 2 (though nothing will touch that game in my memory).

Just about to finish the game for the first time, will start one of the characters I unlocked then and see how long I keep at it after that. I've already bought and finished Steamworld Dig 2 so I don't know what will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished the story of odyssey tonight. Loved the
    giant robot battle and the moon caverns

Bowser was the first boss where I lost some lives (I beat all others first attempt).

So much game left.... now the real challenge begins. The achievements were a great idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Mr E wrote: »
    Finished the story of odyssey tonight. Loved the
    giant robot battle and the moon caverns

Bowser was the first boss where I lost some lives (I beat all others first attempt).

So much game left.... now the real challenge begins. The achievements were a great idea. :)

Spoiler tags man!! I only started this today!!

• Advertisement

Got my SNES Mini yesterday.
    Finally got to play the games I wish I could have played (or played more) in my childhood, with the likes of Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, and Super Mario RPG, the latter of which I have been enjoying more than I anticipated, knowing my lack of interest in turn-based RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Finally finished Mario + Rabbids tonight...anyone on the fence about this should definitely pick it up. Hard, but really good fun. Looking forward to the story DLC...but back to some Mario Moons for a while methinks...

antifyre wrote: »
    Finally finished Mario + Rabbids tonight...anyone on the fence about this should definitely pick it up. Hard, but really good fun. Looking forward to the story DLC...but back to some Mario Moons for a while methinks...

Nearly finished World 2 in Rabbids game. I think I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed Odyssey. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Blaster Master Zero on the Switch. Loving it.

Playing it with the Joycons attached to the grip without any ergonomic issues. Don't know what you're all on about!

Maybe ignorance is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Finished Breath of the wild yesterday.

Playing Breath of the wild today.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Finished Breath of the wild yesterday.

Still have a ways to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Just Mario Kart 7, looking forward to Picross e8.

Breath of the Wild's beaten now. A fun experience it was. The final boss was sort of a joke, however.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

antifyre wrote: »

Myself and a few friends are still completely on the fence about Mario+Rabbids. None of the trailers or gameplay videos look really appealing, yet we're big Mario fans but there is just something about this game holding alot of us back and I can't put my finger on it. It's a good deal of money to spend, if it goes cheaper I might pick it up and hopefully will enjoy the game. I've read alot of glowing reports online about it's gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gonzo wrote: »
    Myself and a few friends are still completely on the fence about Mario+Rabbids. None of the trailers or gameplay videos look really appealing, yet we're big Mario fans but there is just something about this game holding alot of us back and I can't put my finger on it. It's a good deal of money to spend, if it goes cheaper I might pick it up and hopefully will enjoy the game. I've read alot of glowing reports online about it's gameplay.

Puzzling why there isn't a demo for it.

Advertisement