Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I just got to play Sonic Rush Adventure, which I finally got in CeX today. Seems good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It took me an hour or so to readjust to Ocarina of time style Zelda after so long with BOTW style, but its still pretty great, so I'm playing that. I forgot how short the beginning of the game can be when you know what you're doing, that is to say, the time from starting up to becoming Adult Link.

It took me an hour or so to readjust to Ocarina of time style Zelda after so long with BOTW style, but its still pretty great, so I'm playing that.

I wouldn't be surprised, as they're 2 different beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Picked up Celeste from the eShop last night after all the positive reviews.

It is very challenging but also very addictive! I'd say I'll be playing this one for a good while!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was playing The End is Nigh for a while today... I haven't shouted this much at the TV dive Dark Souls.
    The colour palette is grim but it's still fun.
    Also, reintroduced myself to Tetris on the Switch, still a great game but the cart on the GB Pocket rules the roost as the best way to play for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just posted in the games completed thread, but booted up the wii u yesterday to finally get back to Super Metroid. Got it and started it back when it came out for 30c. But kept leaving it to play/do other stuff.
    When i finished, i checked what else i had installed. So played and finished Typoman and the first Gunman Clive HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did anyone get A Night In The Woods? It's getting amazing reviews, but it's pretty much an interactive story (albeit a very strong one) with a bit of platforming and some mini-games.

I'm on the fence about getting it....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Did anyone get A Night In The Woods? It's getting amazing reviews, but it's pretty much an interactive story (albeit a very strong one) with a bit of platforming and some mini-games.

I'm on the fence about getting it....

I'm after buying a bunch of PSVR stuff, have to save the pennies for the SotC remaster as well!

I am playing Pokemon Ultra Sun! I'm convincing myself its the worst series, but I've played it for 30 hours since Monday apparently, so it can't be that bad!

I'm finally playing Yooka Laylee, it's not as lousy as I first thought, in terms of controls, but the gameplay is definitely a throwback, and not always welcomed either.
    That effing camera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It took me an hour or so to readjust to Ocarina of time style Zelda after so long with BOTW style, but its still pretty great, so I'm playing that. I forgot how short the beginning of the game can be when you know what you're doing, that is to say, the time from starting up to becoming Adult Link.

On 3DS ?
    I bought it to play on that, but damn if the 3DS isn't uncomfortable as feck with it's shoulder buttons. My hands have to contort into weird shapes

SeantheMan wrote: »
    On 3DS ?
    I bought it to play on that, but damn if the 3DS isn't uncomfortable as feck with it's shoulder buttons. My hands have to contort into weird shapes

Yes, I very much agree. Very odd shapes your hands have to contort into.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The Circle Pad Pro solves that problem - I originally got it for the second thumbstick to use with Monster Hunter but couldn't go back to using the 3DS itself without it. Way more comfortable. /Edit It was the XL version I got iirc.

https://www.amazon.com/Circle-Pad-Pro-Nintendo-Accessory-included/dp/B006J66CPG

41iACmOhtPL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished Resident Evil Revelations 2 for the Switch, in that I completed the main story. I really enjoyed it. Loading times not as bad as reviews lead on. Sure, the initial load is about a minute (in portable mode anyway, I don't think I used docked), but that's it. There's no real loading during the chapter or going between rooms bar the odd one. Story is stnandard silliness, but the controls are tight, there are a few jump scares, and the time lapse theme in the chapters was pretty good. I plan to jump into the extra chapters now, and give Raid mode a go. There's a load of extra stuff to do to replay the main campaign, such as Invisible monsters, speed mode etc.

I picked up the US edition, which was the physical copy of Revelations 1 and the download of the sequel, so I'll give the first one a go too (I'd already beaten it on the 3DS, which is why I went straight into 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Playing Tales of the Abyss the last couple of days now have had it on my to play pile for years now and just picked it at random on Sunday, story is rediculous dialogue very funny then very boring so so game so far but I'm only really getting started on it, gonna play it till Friday then I'm gonna get the Radiant Historia demo as that's out Friday week to buy, loved the ds version am hoping this one is more than a hd version.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I've started back playing through Virtue's Last Rewards on the 3DS, I've put 13 hours into it so far and haven't unlocked a single ending yet but I'm loving it, trying to figure out what's going on is great fun, also I think the soundtrack in this game is excellent, it helps build the tension when something is about to be revealed.

Also Ciderman, I completely agree about the best version of Tetris, I still regularly play the GB version on the 3DS but I've ordered the new one on the Switch from Argos and I'll pick it up today, I really want to play Tetris online against actual people, I've played the demo a lot and I think I'm pretty good but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong once I start playing online.

I've gotten up to dungeon no7 in Ocarina of Time, and.... It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, its a landmark title, and this is an excellent remake also, lot of effort put into it.

But, it also feels like its been thoroughly over taken by almost all of its sequels, including Skyward Sword. Thats inevitable of course since you could say that about almost any game like this with such a long history, but then OOT has a far superior sequel (in my opinion) available on 3DS already, and all the better Zelda games are more or less readily available, and compared to BOTW for example, OOT feels practically archaic. Again you could reasonably argue its ridiculous to compare two games with twenty years of time between them, but it is what it is. I'm enjoying the game though, definitely gonna finish it, but I won't be in a rush to play it again.

I played through the OoT on release and had completed it in 2 weeks, which was actually about 2 weeks before I was due to receive it as my Christmas present, I knew where my presents were hidden! To this day when I play it I'm transported back to that time in my life, I can understand it doesn't hold up as well today but at the time getting to play through a Zelda game in 3D after playing A Link to the Past was just incredible.

This was the first tech demo released for it which at the time blew my mind

So you can imagine when the game actually came out and how much of an improvement there was over this that it was a big deal.

I do understand where you're coming from though, ALTTP was my first Zelda game, I've gone back and played the 2 NES games and I enjoyed them but don't think I'd replay them again.

I've gotten up to dungeon no7 in Ocarina of Time, and.... It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, its a landmark title, and this is an excellent remake also, lot of effort put into it.

But, it also feels like its been thoroughly over taken by almost all of its sequels, including Skyward Sword. Thats inevitable of course since you could say that about almost any game like this with such a long history, but then OOT has a far superior sequel (in my opinion) available on 3DS already, and all the better Zelda games are more or less readily available, and compared to BOTW for example, OOT feels practically archaic. Again you could reasonably argue its ridiculous to compare two games with twenty years of time between them, but it is what it is. I'm enjoying the game though, definitely gonna finish it, but I won't be in a rush to play it again.

I prefer MM over OoT. I've only beaten the latter once, while I have beaten the former twice, with one ~100% run.

Massive migraines are my reward from playing Majora it used to induce seizures in me when I originally tried to play it damn photosensitive epilepsy, just too many trippy colours on the one screen. I use the game as a relaxing aid now instead best intro theme music since Chrono Trigger. The purple colours are a real deal breaker in this just way too over stimulating.

• Advertisement

Picked up Story of Seasons 2 this morning in Argos so that will be getting a go later this week I think been a while since I've played a harvest moon game so looking forward to giving it a good go.

I picked up my copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Switch from Argos and I jumped straight online and got completely destroyed time and again by loads of people from Japan playing online! I couldn't find many people from Europe or the US playing it! I won the odd round but the only time I won an actual match was when the other person had a connection issue and got disconnected! :o

I even rewatched some of the saved replays from those games and it looked like I was playing against a machine, the speed some of them were playing at was unreal, I need to put in a bit of practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This is basically what you're up against. Once they put their mind to something...

WCQNG6w.gif

Halfway through Viewtiful Joe on the Gamecube!
    Game starting to get tough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You sure you're halfway through. That sounds like level 2. :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Halfway through Viewtiful Joe on the Gamecube!
    Game starting to get tough!!

Are you playing on Kids or Adults??
    Pac1Man wrote: »
    This is basically what you're up against. Once they put their mind to something...

WCQNG6w.gif

Yeah that's exactly how it feels!! I even watched the replays at half speed to see what they were doing.

Having played over 225 hours of BotW, I felt that it would be appropriate to take a break and play other Switch games like Rayman Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Finished Golf Story after 17 hours. Great concept.

It's strange how a low budget 16 bit game like that kept me hooked from start to finish whereas a well publicised AAA big budget title like Horizon Zero Dawn had me yawning after 6-7 hours.

Are you playing on Kids or Adults??

Yeah that's exactly how it feels!! I even watched the replays at half speed to see what they were doing.

:o

• Advertisement

Also, I'm stuck near the end of Metroid Prime on GC also.

Does anyone know and easy way or guide at finding all those Chozo Artifacts? It's driving me nuts.

Advertisement