Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm about 7 chapters into Bayonetta at the moment. I've not played it since it launched on the Xbox. I'm not very good at it. After a Platinum in the first couple of chapters, I'm getting Stones the rest. :D

It's really fun though, and I need to spend a bit of time testing out combos and new weapons.

I just played under the assumption that stone was better than platinum. Made me feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Super One More Jump, a cheap as chips twitch platform jump game on the Switch eshop. I've enjoyed it, and probably worth it's price tag for anyone who wants a quick pick up and play challenge. Caveat though: less than half way through the available levels it gets BRUTALLY difficult - maybe some gamers can manage this, but for the average gamer it just gets way too hard, too soon, which is a pity. All the same I enjoyed it up to that point and feel I got my value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got Doom today. What a brilliant port.

Mr E wrote: »
    Got Doom today. What a brilliant port.

The patch makes a huge difference btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Alternating between Bayonetta 1 and 2. Sad to think that Nana Mouskouri had that look down 20 years before it was hot....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Alternating between Bayonetta 1 and 2. Sad to think that Nana Mouskouri had that look down 20 years before it was hot....

Jaysus Banjo.... don't think so...
    nanamouskouri_3049736b.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmoHTNESXRgJrr8jbyCAy5oZ9vjas-rnO0ataM-1q_JcrLx5Hp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Jaysus Banjo.... don't think so...
    nanamouskouri_3049736b.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmoHTNESXRgJrr8jbyCAy5oZ9vjas-rnO0ataM-1q_JcrLx5Hp

It's all well and good showing us pics from Bayonetta 2 and 3 emphasising her range of hot looks, but how about including some of Nana for balance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's all well and good showing us pics from Bayonetta 2 and 3 emphasising her range of hot looks, but how about including some of Nana for balance?

0269af03b4f54f79ae5ac8b1a6ebf621

tumblr_n5dm1lJhU11s2wio8o1_500.gif

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The patch makes a huge difference btw!

Yeah, 8gb less space on my Switch. :D

Loving the game though. Should be finished with it in time to trade it for Kirby.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Resident Evil 2. Randomly jumping back through my backlog

• Advertisement

So, I was stuck in work from an extra 20 hours over the Thursday-Friday and, luckily, had the 3DS with me.
    I credit Yoshi's Woolly World for keeping me in line, when I wasn't busy that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Treated myself to a new game today since i had to go into work. So picked up steam world dig 2. So far so good. Up to 15 games on Switch now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Getting Mario of one of the lads tomorrow so exited going by the talk in here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

After some initial frustration I picked Axiom Verge up again yesterday. Sank a few hours into it, some really catchy audio I find myself humming all day, then hit an awkward spot before Ophelia. It's now been relegated to the 'I'm frustrated and will come back to it later pile'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Digging in to Rayman Legends after completing both BotW and Odyssey. Also gave the Kirby Star Allies demo a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just finished Axiom Verge after 15 hours. Amazing game, especially when you consider it was made by one person!

I know people sometimes bemoan the amount of 16 bit style games out now but when they are this good I definitely welcome them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Just finished Axiom Verge after 15 hours. Amazing game, especially when you consider it was made by one person!

I know people sometimes bemoan the amount of 16 bit style games out now but when they are this good I definitely welcome them.

I bought it on Wii U and got hopelessly stuck around an hour in and never went back :(

manual_man wrote: »
    I bought it on Wii U and got hopelessly stuck around an hour in and never went back :(

I would definitely suggest trying or starting again. I got stuck a few times and you are required to backtrack a lot but progress was never too far away. Plenty of guides online for the boss battles etc. too.

This game definitely reaffirms the effectiveness of the Joycon 'd-pad' for me. I never had one issue in 15 hours. If Nintendo released a Joycon with a legit d-pad I wouldn't bother. I didn't expect to say that before buying the console!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

This game definitely reaffirms the effectiveness of the Joycon 'd-pad' for me. I never had one issue in 15 hours. If Nintendo released a Joycon with a legit d-pad I wouldn't bother. I didn't expect to say that before buying the console!

Agreed, constantly switching guns by pressing down on the left joystick was wrecking my head, the 'D pad' worked so much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished Bayonetta 2 last night. A bit easier and more forgiving than Bayonetta 1 (or perhaps, I was just better having played the original just beforehand) but very enjoyable. I'll probably start on Xenoblades now, but dip in and out of this.

• Advertisement

Kicked off Fire Emblem Warriors. It's ok. 5 or so battles in though and there's been no sense of jeopardy or need to switch to other characters other than to make sure I didn't miss Anna's pop-up-shop. Where Hyrule warriors was a kind of streamlined Zelda fix, this has a load of complicated systems piled into it that don't appear to make very much difference to how you (well, I) play the game, but they do interrupt everything I'm doing constantly.

Got a few platformers in the eShop lately. They are definitely under-the-radar and hidden gems.

Little Triangle is a platformer that came out a few weeks ago. Some nice high-res graphics makes a change from the retro 8 bit/16-bit style games I've been playing lately like Celeste and Dandara. A decent challenge too. Levels are stuffed with collectables and I find myself playing levels through a few times to try and find them all. There is a surprisingly robust multiplayer mode with 4 player support on single screen arenas that looks like fun - I'll be trying it out at the weekend when I'm visiting family.

Splasher came out a few months ago. More lovely high-res graphics and it's a combination of super meatboy and splatoon with some of the fluid mechanics from portal. Another one where you'll be scouring levels for secrets to get gold ratings on the levels. It has a time trial mode but with global leaderboards only (as far as I can see). If it had local leaderboards with friends, I could see it getting very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Kicked off Fire Emblem Warriors. It's ok. 5 or so battles in though and there's been no sense of jeopardy or need to switch to other characters other than to make sure I didn't miss Anna's pop-up-shop. Where Hyrule warriors was a kind of streamlined Zelda fix, this has a load of complicated systems piled into it that don't appear to make very much difference to how you (well, I) play the game, but they do interrupt everything I'm doing constantly.

I can't say I liked it too much. The mechanics were fine, but I couldn't warm to the characters or story, as I obviously have more love for Zelda. I think I got about 8 chapters in and haven't played it since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Played Mario today and its my first experience in about ten years of mario. Impressions after a couple of hours is it could be my fave game :eek:
    Sorry Stardew

Fe: warriors is brutal! Played one of the History levels, just for a laugh, didn't realise it was way out of my level capabilities. Struggled on and beat it but lost a couple of team mates.

They're dead in Story Mode now. Christ! It's proper hard core with zero room for ****ing around!

After dissing The End Is Nigh on another thread here I decided to renew my disdain for the title and play it just one more time....

three_hours_later.jpg

Wow.
    Infuriating.
    Visually uninteresting.
    Filled with so much "buggerit" comments, on the part of the player.

But, a lot of fun, certainly more fun than I remember.

The checkpoint system... what check point system?
    You get to start again, if you quit to menu, to the checkpoint recorded every ten levels.
    Some of those levels may have taken 30 minutes to pass the first time!
    And the muscle memory takes a while to kick in when you restart a game!

Still, I was certainly too hard on this particular title, plenty to still be done.
    I'm only on level 18 of the Overflow level, which is filled with water and, for the second half, toxic water, and why not?

I've been playing Flinthook a lot this week. Such a fun game.

Super Mario World and Eternal Darkness. Both for the first time ever!

Super Mario World and Eternal Darkness. Both for the first time ever!

Super Mario World is simply perfection, I hope you have s great time.

Eternal Darkness was unfairly maligned on release, I finished then and it was a real tonic, the insanity effects may not be quite as impactful as they once were but the game is well paced and a good story well told

• Advertisement

Playing True Lies on the SNES.

:D
    maxresdefault.jpg

It's actually really good. It's a top down slow paced shooter based on the film. Gameplay is solid. You play as Arnie of course and just mow down bad guys while being careful not to shoot civilians.

It held my attention for two and a half hours straight this evening!

36162-True_Lies_(USA)-1459230129.png

Advertisement