Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bought Severed for Switch in the sale. Wouldn't rate it all that highly. It's visually engaging and the sound is unique and broody, but it just felt samey so i don't think i'll finish it. Got a 3rd of the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got Lego City Undercover for $14.99 last night on Switch. Loading times are a massive improvement on the Wii U version (which was the main reason that I didn't play that version for more than a couple of hours).

It's still a fun (and very funny) game. :)

I'm also flying through Axiom Verge. I'm nearly at the part where I got stuck on the PC version a few years ago, so hopefully I persevere this time. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was playing LCU but the unskippable cut scenes are a pain!
    Ended up playing Wipeout with the VR patch instead!
    Sorry Ninty!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cannot get into Wonder Boy at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thimbleweed park. Only put about 20 mins in so far. Fun. Not sure the Specks of Dust are anything more than a pixel Hunter joke...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Finished Mario and don’t know what to get next. Looks like all the games out are just old ones remastered? Are there any other new proper good games or exclusives out that aren’t mini indie games? I don’t suppose there’s a proper car game coming out? Looked at gear club but the reviews aren’t great?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished Mario and don’t know what to get next. Looks like all the games out are just old ones remastered? Are there any other new proper good games or exclusives out that aren’t mini indie games? I don’t suppose there’s a proper car game coming out? Looked at gear club but the reviews aren’t great?

Did you play Zelda? I finished Mario and then moved to that, I'm also playing Bayonetta at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Trying to get at least 1 star in every MKDS mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just finished Axiom Verge on the Wii U. Brilliant game.
    Wii_U_screenshot_TV_02008.jpg

Death Count 2 is great going, sligeach. Respect. I'm in the edin area and I've died a good bit more than that.

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Cannot get into Wonder Boy at all

Take this back, really getting into it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just finished Steamworld Dig. Charming little game. Great value for a fiver! Will definitely be picking up the sequel at some stage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

manual_man wrote: »
    Just finished Steamworld Dig. Charming little game. Great value for a fiver! Will definitely be picking up the sequel at some stage

Steamworld Heist is also essential as well. It plays like a side on xcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I bought SteamWorld Dig as well, and enjoying it for short spells of play.
    I also bought Bomberman and am not a fan at all. I've only played the Story Mode so I'm hoping the local multiplayer is better.

I was actually expecting to love Bomberman and hate SteamWorld Dig, but it's pretty much the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I bought SteamWorld Dig as well, and enjoying it for short spells of play.
    I also bought Bomberman and am not a fan at all. I've only played the Story Mode so I'm hoping the local multiplayer is better.

I was actually expecting to love Bomberman and hate SteamWorld Dig, but it's pretty much the opposite!

I was the same, I bought Bomberman because I love the series and wanted a game to play with friends. It's a weird, 'floaty' sort of game. I might go back to it at some stage.

Steamworld Dig 2 was recommended to me alongside Steamworld Heist and picked them both up as I was heading away on a trip and needed something for the downtime. Both games blew me away, so much fun. I've been replaying Dig 2 recently and it's just as fun the second time.

I got Mercenary Kings at the same time which, while awesome, has been sorely neglected. Need to get back into it to fill up the time until Death Road To Canada (this month apparently) and Okami (this 'summer') come out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think Bomberman is a title that has improved since it's release on the Switch.
    Loads of updates have taken the shambles it was and turned it into something decent, not to mention cheap as it seems to be on sale.
    That said, it really isn't what people want from the series, which is really just the Snes games with the Snes visuals.
    Better still would be the Saturn game with a 10 player online mode, but no.
    Again we get cursed with "next gen visuals" which inevitably disappoint.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I was the same, I bought Bomberman because I love the series and wanted a game to play with friends. It's a weird, 'floaty' sort of game. I might go back to it at some stage.

Steamworld Dig 2 was recommended to me alongside Steamworld Heist and picked them both up as I was heading away on a trip and needed something for the downtime. Both games blew me away, so much fun. I've been replaying Dig 2 recently and it's just as fun the second time.

I got Mercenary Kings at the same time which, while awesome, has been sorely neglected. Need to get back into it to fill up the time until Death Road To Canada (this month apparently) and Okami (this 'summer') come out.

Get the first one, its not as good but still loads of fun

Can not recommend either enough

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think Bomberman is a title that has improved since it's release on the Switch.
    Loads of updates have taken the shambles it was and turned it into something decent, not to mention cheap as it seems to be on sale.
    That said, it really isn't what people want from the series, which is really just the Snes games with the Snes visuals.
    Better still would be the Saturn game with a 10 player online mode, but no.
    Again we get cursed with "next gen visuals" which inevitably disappoint.

Yup, I literally just wanted a top down square map that i could kick bombs across. I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet so I'm hoping that what it is. I'm also hoping there's not too many steps/ramps in the maps, as they get in the way of the satisfying bomb kicks!! Nothing better than maxing out the bomb range, kicking a bomb across the map, and blowing your enemy to smithereens!!

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Get the first one, its not as good but still loads of fun

Going to do so tonight, I've got some gold coins that should cover some or all of the cost. Looking forward to it.

Going to do so tonight, I've got some gold coins that should cover some or all of the cost. Looking forward to it.

One of the big benefits I have found with the Switch is not playing the games I would never have ordinarily have played, but also completing games

In the past 5 months, I have completed

Zelda, Mario Odessy, Steamworld 1 & 2, Kamiko, Wonderboy

• Advertisement

Was playing Steamworld Dig last night and went into a cave and found a secret area.

I couldnt believe it when it turned into
    a feckin Super Mario level, complete with Mario castle and the hidden path at the top of the screen to skip the level!

I got a kick out of it, and hope there's more little easter eggs like that within the game!

Now playing Steamworld Dig 1 and it's clear to see the progression from this game to the second. Little tweaks here and there making big differences.

Having the climb all the way back up to town is a pain though, bought one of the teleport things before finishing up last night so hopefully that'll help.

Now playing Steamworld Dig 1 and it's clear to see the progression from this game to the second. Little tweaks here and there making big differences.

Having the climb all the way back up to town is a pain though, bought one of the teleport things before finishing up last night so hopefully that'll help.

It does, and you can really buy as many as you want

There are alot of blue orbs

Just had a pleasant few hours trying out some new Nintendo stuff from the last few weeks.
    Tested out the Japanese GC I got, in the lovely Spice colour.
    I've a grand total of two Japanese GC games, Luigi's Mansion and Mr Driller: Drill Land, so I had a blast on the latter.
    All good!

Then it was on to trying out a few bits on the Famicom, including Salamander, which is pretty cool though I suck at it!

I've to try and reorganise the gamesroom as I'm not using the space properly at all, be nice to have everything better displayed and easier to access.

Actually, I've a nice Banridge scart selector going unused, so I think I'll put that into action.
    I am doing a lot of cable swapping at present with the Famicom, Famicom Twin, Wii, GC, PSX, NES and Xbox.
    I can pipe them through the adaptor and it'll be a lot neater.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

We need a few pics of the room Ciderman.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    We need a few pics of the room Ciderman.

I'll do a tidy and throw some up.
    I will warn those of a sensitive nature that there is a lot of non-nintendo stuff there, from the likes of Atari and Sega, not to mention Sony and Microsoft, just in case someone gets trigger happy with the report button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'd highly doubt we'd come across such people.

Finished Axiom Verge today. About 15 hours, 90% map, 75% items. Absolutely brilliant game, loved it.

Might go back and do hard mode some day - the game is small enough to leave on my SD card.

I can't recommend it highly enough. If you have a Metroid itch, this will scratch it so hard that you'll bleed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I finished Attack on Titan late last week. It was pretty good, though a bit repetitive. If you liked the show, you'll enjoy it, as it follows both Season 1 and 2 closely (though with some minor changes to force your character into the situation).

I'm currently working my way through Doom. I had started it, but had a few issues, so coming back post-patch, and it plays a lot better. I've about 4 levels left to go in that one.

The plan then is to go through the backlog and focus on one at a time. I have Blossom Tales, Xenoblade Chronicles, Kirby, and a couple more that I picked up in the sale, like Fe, to start, and I really want to get the post game in Celeste done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Decided to head back and clear some of the Wii U backlog finally. Haven’t played it since Paper Mario cs which was a delight.

Finished up xenoblade cX and thought it was a bit overhyped. It was fun, I guess. Nowhere near what people make it out to be but good.

Just finished Tokyo Mirage sessions #FE this morning. Possibly the fruitiest game I’ve ever played and a terrible throw away ending that annoyed me but every other second was great. Really enjoyed it, but it was shockingly sweet ha ha and very jpop.

Soooooo..... figured I needed something short and not such a time sink for the next game. The opposite of XBCX and TMS.... I figured Star Fox Zero could be just the ticket. I played a total of 20 minutes at launch but was sure it couldn’t have been that hard to get used to.

Everything about the 2 screens is shockingly bad. The “Use your motion controls!?” is shockingly bad. Nintendo should feel bad. I feel bad. This is not fun.

Advertisement