Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenoblade chronicles 2, ch9, 91hours, loving it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sky Force Reloaded is excellent, very addictive. Way more content than the free Anniversary version on Xbox I had been playing. It's well worth the tenner asking price. Anybody try the tournament running at the minute? Lovely aesthetic to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah the Tournament is great. REALLY hard though.

This game is much better on a big screen with a pro controller too.

Mr E wrote: »

Yeah I'm playing it that way also - really wish the Pro controller had a headphone jack for late night playing. Having said that I'm half tempted to pick up an arcade stick for this game - there's a ton of other great shmups on Switch too. Tempting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I am playing Skyrim. In a cafe. Chopping up wolves while eating a club sandwich and slurping a coffee. I love the switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Mr E wrote: »

The fact that the whole ship is a hit box is getting me, I'm so used to the cave shmups. Tournament is hard. I'd love a stick to play it on. Any decent arcade sticks for switch would the hori USB for xbox work??

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'd love a stick to play it on. Any decent arcade sticks for switch would the hori USB for xbox work??

The Hori RAP Hayabusa get's decent reviews - £113 on Amazon.

There's also the Magic NS adaptor for the Switch, by Mayflash. The adaptors I've gotten from them before were all great. There's a USB port on the back of it that you could plug your Xbox stick into so that might be an alternative?

Coincidently I was just testing out my BVM + supergun + arcade stick combo with Blazing Star - there really is no substitute for a proper stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just finished Shovel Knight Spectre of Torment, preferred it to the original but both are fantastic!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The Hori RAP Hayabusa get's decent reviews - £113 on Amazon.

There's also the Magic NS adaptor for the Switch, by Mayflash. The adaptors I've gotten from them before were all great. There's a USB port on the back of it that you could plug your Xbox stick into so that might be an alternative?

Coincidently I was just testing out my BVM + supergun + arcade stick combo with Blazing Star - there really is no substitute for a proper stick.

£113 is a bit much for 1 game, If the cave ports come in then yes I'm in. I see Ikaruga is on the way, how many copies do I need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Downloaded and played Wonderboy. Feel like I have wasted €10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenoblade chronicles 2,ch10, level 65,94hours.

Xenoblade chronicles 2,ch10, level 65,94hours.

I'm still at 40m in, 2 buttons pressed, payed 37euro. Does it get better or are you trying to make overcompensating an Olympic sport?

(I'm bitter about my purchase, i know I'm the problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands on the Wii

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Downloaded and played Wonderboy. Feel like I have wasted €10.
    How far are u into it?

I only started enjoying it after upgrading from lizard man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

naughtb4 wrote: »
    How far are u into it?

Just started to be honest. Comparing it to modern platforms is my problem I think. I'll give it another fair go.

safetyboy wrote: »
    £113 is a bit much for 1 game, If the cave ports come in then yes I'm in. I see Ikaruga is on the way, how many copies do I need :)

Ah yeah it's overkill for just one game. But there's a bunch of decent shumps on the Switch now - releases from Psikyo, SNK and more modern ones like Danmaku. It would also work for 2D platformers and anything that doesn't require twin sticks. Works on PC too.

If the Cave or Raizing games start appearing then it's a definite purchase. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

You've prompted me that I must get back playing/finishing this. Got distracted by other games 3 or 4 months ago and haven't touched it.

Was at ch 7, lv 63, 181 hours.
    Was having great fun exploring outside of the main storyline.

Did you get the dlc?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    How far are u into it?

Just started to be honest. Comparing it to modern platforms is my problem I think. I'll give it another fair go.
    Give it to the animal after lizard (can't remember which think it's mouse) it's gets alot more enjoyable after that

Banjo wrote: »
    make overcompensating an Olympic sport?

Not sure what you mean by that but yes it does get better and would say stick with it.

Grassey wrote: »
    You've prompted me that I must get back playing/finishing this. Got distracted by other games 3 or 4 months ago and haven't touched it.

Was at ch 7, lv 63, 181 hours.
    Was having great fun exploring outside of the main storyline.

Did you get the dlc?

Fecking hell your playtime is double mine haha, I didn't get any Dlc yet, there is new story content coming later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah yeah it's overkill for just one game. But there's a bunch of decent shumps on the Switch now - releases from Psikyo, SNK and more modern ones like Danmaku. It would also work for 2D platformers and anything that doesn't require twin sticks. Works on PC too.

If the Cave or Raizing games start appearing then it's a definite purchase. :pac:

At least we have Ikaruga on the way.
    But a collected works of Cave/Raizing/Eighting would be the stuff of dreams!
    Maybe even a cheap physical copy of Under Defeat, give me a reason to slag Retr0 some more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, will my PS3 arcade stick work with the Switch via one of those adaptors?
    Or will it plug straight into the port on the dock?
    I doubt it but... must ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Fecking hell your playtime is double mine haha, I didn't get any Dlc yet, there is new story content coming later this year.

Far easier to sink time into this over botw. So much to see and do!

Not sure what you mean by that but yes it does get better and would say stick with it.

It was me being a dick, but postulating that the reason you give so many updates on your progress in Xenoblade is not because you're enjoying it so much, but in fact that you are hating every second of it but are compelled to play it because you bought the incredibly expensive collectors edition on preorder and it is therefore imperative that you are seen to get your money's worth out of it, and that someone somewhere knows about your struggle. But that that very postulate is ironically born out of my own frustration and jealousy at not being able to enjoy that game myself. Anyway, never mind.

Anyone got views on Battle Chef Brigade? Tempted.

Finally got the NTSC issue sorted on my softmod Wii. Godbless 60hz

It's my first time to play this absolute gem (Luigis Mansion)

Played 3 hours straight.
    It's so strange, but so enjoyable. It's like I'm confused between a mario game and silent hill lol.
    Some of the puzzles are tough too but never rage quit frustrating.

I'm slowly mastering the c stick, my only gripe is I wish it wasn't inverted for the vacuum control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Finally got the NTSC issue sorted on my softmod Wii. Godbless 60hz

been meaning to get around to do that, is it easy to do?

been meaning to get around to do that, is it easy to do?

I had a major issue. I was using wii2hdmi adapter.

It won't work with 60hz GameCube titles. It doesn't convert the signal correctly.
    It's fine for Wii titles but if your going to play GameCube titles on your Wii invest in component cables.

I tried everything, (Region change on my Wii, even when I forced modes in Nintendont I would get a black screen every time a game launched (Audio was fine).

Specifically Resident Evil 2 (I own the physical Pal release but thats 50hz)

So I acquired a NTSC rom and only when I used actual component cables would the forced signal work (forced NTSC mode on the Nintendont settings)
    Such a massive difference in image clarity and frame rate.

I also have a physical copy of Luigis Mansion (again being PAL), but I got a NTSC rom instead for my softmod Wii. It runs at 480p, it's incredible how much power was in the GameCube, the game holds up really well.

Loved sucking the sheets off of the mirrors, and the reflection effects, just a wonderful game.
    Must play it through again

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Loved sucking the sheets off of the mirrors, and the reflection effects, just a wonderful game.
    Must play it through again

I'm at a road block. About 3 hours 30 mins in.
    |There is a guy roaming the halls that I have to light his candles with fire. Once I do this with the vacumm he runs towards a door

I've not idea what to do :(

• Advertisement

I just found an Arcade fighting stick for the Wii I have never used I wonder if there is a way to set that up?

Advertisement