Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished xenoblade tonight, what a great little game, the battle system is awesome once you get into it, I highly recommend it, story wise if give it maybe an 8.

Botw is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Botw is next.

Enjoy! Magnificent game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm at a road block. About 3 hours 30 mins in.
    |There is a guy roaming the halls that I have to light his candles with fire. Once I do this with the vacumm he runs towards a door

I've not idea what to do :(

I'm sorry, I haven't played the game since it's GameCube launch, like 16 years ago!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Star Lord wrote: »
    Enjoy! Magnificent game!

Good to hear, how many hours did you put into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

477 hours for myself and I still haven't started the second pack of the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Just finished super punch out without losing to get the bonus circuit.
    First time in about 20 years.

sligeach wrote: »

Feck :eek: there must be a ton of stuff to do so!

If you do everything it'll take you hundreds of hours to complete. You don't have to though, if you don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you do everything it'll take you hundreds of hours to complete. You don't have to though, if you don't want to.

Realistically, you'll probably get about 100-120 out of it, and that's doing practically everything worth doing, bar collectibles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

At least 250 for me. That includes all the DLC content, bar some of the items.

• Advertisement

Think it ended up as somewhere between 160 and 200 hours for me!
    Finished most side quests, think it was just one that I hadn't finished. Didn't try to collect all the Korok seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Star Lord wrote: »
    Didn't try to collect all the Korok seeds.

Who in their right mind would put themselves through that?

Grassey wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would put themselves through that?

Me. Oh wait, you said right mind. ;) Nevermind, carry on.

But...but...but the Golden Turd. All hail the Golden Turd Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Me. Oh wait, you said right mind. ;) Nevermind, carry on.

But...but...but the Golden Turd. All hail the Golden Turd Award.

hook... line...

Grassey wrote: »
    hook... line...

... and stinker.

and sphincter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I found my old Wii in the attic recently. Have Trauma Centre 1 & 2 lined up to play later.

Can't seem to find any of the other games I had though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

and sphincter?

What?

fixxxer wrote: »
    I found my old Wii in the attic recently. Have Trauma Centre 1 & 2 lined up to play later.

Can't seem to find any of the other games I had though :(

I was only looking through my Wii collection yesterday, jaysus that's a lot of games.
    GTi Club is in there, very good but not the same without the handbrake of the arcade version!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was only looking through my Wii collection yesterday, jaysus that's a lot of games.
    GTi Club is in there, very good but not the same without the handbrake of the arcade version!

Aye, I've just been on eBay and the volume of games is unreal. Trying to work out a short list of Wii and Gamecube games that are must haves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

fixxxer wrote:
    Trying to work out a short list of Wii and Gamecube games that are must haves.

GameCube games can get quite expensive as I started one a few years ago but gave up when I couldn't find prices I liked for Twin Snakes, Twilight Princess & Fire Emblem. Found it hard to locate ones in good condition too.

I started with a dodgy cake of writable media, then moved on to a hdd full of dodgy-ness.
    Then I bought pretty much every game I really liked from those mod chipped days, and now I have a pretty decent collection of Wii titles.
    I just wish I played them more often!

€50 for Twin Snakes and €82 for Skies of Arcadia Legends in CeX !! I've just realized I'll need to source a controller too for the Gamecube stuff. Oh I do love a good treasure hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

fixxxer wrote:
    I've just realized I'll need to source a controller too for the Gamecube stuff.

Don't forget Memory cards

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

fixxxer wrote: »
    €50 for Twin Snakes and €82 for Skies of Arcadia Legends in CeX !! I've just realized I'll need to source a controller too for the Gamecube stuff. Oh I do love a good treasure hunt!

I would be weary of buying games in CEX, I bought a few games from there and generally they are missing booklets, cases are marked etc. If you were looking to collect and had a few extra euro you are better to buy off of Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I would be weary of buying games in CEX, I bought a few games from there and generally they are missing booklets, cases are marked etc. If you were looking to collect and had a few extra euro you are better to buy off of Amazon.

Or smaller sellers like RAGE (if the price is right).

Finally got into Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Game is tough, but fair. Doesn't help when I play like this:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Finally got into Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Game is tough, but fair. Doesn't help when I play like this:

:rolleyes:

Not gonna lie, I did the same a few times with the barrel bonus levels, overshot the puzzle piece :(

Most difficlt part for me was the second boss I believe,
    the owl boss
    , had to use Funky Kong for that in the end as was wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Not gonna lie, I did the same a few times with the barrel bonus levels, overshot the puzzle piece :(

Most difficlt part for me was the second boss I believe,
    the owl boss
    , had to use Funky Kong for that in the end as was wrecking my head.

My son is playing it and can't pass the second boss either so I said here go on gimme the controller, queue 1 hour of trying to beat him and still didn't manage it grrr. Didn't use DD though, might go and help him on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm up to the 3rd boss now. Tough as hell. I find Dixie is the most useful secondary character.
    It's a great game. I'm terrible at collecting puzzle pieces and the letters KONG so I've decided to ignore them completely.

Advertisement