Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Managed to finish Tropical Freeze this evening, think I’m at about 70% done. Now the hard part begins! Trying to get that other 30% - I’ve already been through 1-K,onto Bopopolis ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

AMGer wrote: »
    Managed to finish Tropical Freeze this evening, think I’m at about 70% done. Now the hard part begins! Trying to get that other 30% - I’ve already been through 1-K,onto Bopopolis ;)

You've got more patience than me. Once i beat the final boss I'll be done.

...I find Dixie is the most useful secondary character....

I find Cranky more useful (bounce jump). Diddy is kind of pointless... what exactly does he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

I find Cranky more useful (bounce jump). Diddy is kind of pointless... what exactly does he do?

He has the jet pack which can cover more distance that Dixies haircopter. Dixie for height, Diddy for distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got to the end of World 4, and I'm finding it kind of boring. The only level I've loved was that "Can't Wait To Be King" rip off - think it was 4-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Finally gave in.

I'm playing Mario Sunshine again.

I don't care, it's right up there with Mario World & Galaxy as the greatest in my book.

However, looking left & right is inverted (or whatever it's called). It's driving me nuts.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Finally gave in.

I'm playing Mario Sunshine again.

I don't care, it's right up there with Mario World & Galaxy as the greatest in my book.

However, looking left & right is inverted (or whatever it's called). It's driving me nuts.

That's actually one of the reasons I'm playing Mario Sunshine on Dolphin, there was a code to play with inverted c-stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm playing DKC: TF at the moment, on the Wii U of course. It's a great game, fantastic in fact. I'm sorry I paid €50 for it though, only because I'm only playing it now and could have paid less than half nowadays.

The mode I find most interesting is Time Attack. It's seriously impressive(like mind boggling) watching the top Gold times. I also watched the Funky Kong times on Switch. That mode is ********. Surprise, surprise everyone picks him for that mode on Switch and he's 4 seconds faster on the first stage alone compared to Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Playing Hyrule Warriors: Definitive, played it a bunch on WiiU but nice to go back and smish a whole bunch of bokoblins.

The person who came up with the idea of buying items for use on the Adventure Map is a GOD!! So handy to not have to repeat the same drudgery mission just to get a compass to tell me the other item I have to grind a map for...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Got the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2, been playing them all weekend. I'm on MM5 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Just finished the special circuit on super punch out without getting beaten and got no mr dream. Wtf is there different versions with no mr dream in it?
    It took me weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Just finished the special circuit on super punch out without getting beaten and got no mr dream. Wtf is there different versions with no mr dream in it?
    It took me weeks

Looks like I’m remembering a different game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Botw, what an epic game, its feels an adventure every time I head out and the tombs are brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hyrule Warriors. The game is sucking me in all over again and yet to scratch the surface of the 3DS content.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tried the demo of Way of Sushido last night. It's bat**** insane. The game itself is better suited to a touchscreen, and it would be free on your phone, but the plot demands a big screen for all those classic manga screams and foodgasms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Still playing Atomine, very intense.
    I'm trying to figure out what is going on.... there's secrets I find with no consistency at all, I'm sure there are "systems" at play here but they've yet to be revealed to me!
    Weapon upgrades are similarly unexplained, but it's interesting.
    What's infuriating is the lack of checkpointing, where even beating the first boss before snuffing it in the new environments of the following stage still drags me right back to the opening level.
    The odd thing is the title screen/top menu has a continue button but it doesn't seem to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Borrowed a copy of Splatoon 2 and it's fantastic. Not sure if it's a game I'd buy (I'm very frugal and picky) but I'm having a blast in the single player and doing reasonably well online. My Modern Warfare 2 twitch-shooting is coming back to me :)

Can't do the motion controls as fast as I'd like so it's dual sticks and handheld for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Rhyme wrote: »
    Borrowed a copy of Splatoon 2 and it's fantastic. Not sure if it's a game I'd buy (I'm very frugal and picky) but I'm having a blast in the single player and doing reasonably well online. My Modern Warfare 2 twitch-shooting is coming back to me :)

Can't do the motion controls as fast as I'd like so it's dual sticks and handheld for me.

I tend to be frugal and hesitant at times when it comes to buying games. A friend of mine incentivised me and another lad to get it in early April, but I decided to wait 'til later in the month.

All in all, great game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Still playing SkyForce Reloaded, hypnotically addictive. :D

Downloaded that Mario Tennis demo over the wkend but it didn't work at all for me, maybe I was too late or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Still playing SkyForce Reloaded, hypnotically addictive. :D

Downloaded that Mario Tennis demo over the wkend but it didn't work at all for me, maybe I was too late or something.

The Mario Tennis trial doesn't open until this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kinda bummed there aren't more AAA releases on the Switch to play, I'm awaiting some news on Dark Souls tbh.

I'm getting stuck into Zelda... Skyward Sword on the Wii. Been on my backlog since it released. :rolleyes:

I'm getting stuck into Zelda... Skyward Sword on the Wii. Been on my backlog since it released. :rolleyes:

I'm awaiting the Switch version with no motion controls!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Working my way through South Park on Switch. It's pretty good so far - I had played the first one on PC and loved it, and while this isn't quite as good so far (in terms of comedy), it's still pretty good, but I would preface it with a caveat - if you can get it on a PS4/Xbox One, do. There are some annoying load times between screens on the Switch. For me, I went for the Switch as I can play it easier, without blocking up the main TV, so I'll get through it faster, but they really should have done better optimising those load times.

B Rank & all 50 Boos

Happy enough with that :)

P.S. What a brilliant game!

3Noqx8z.jpg

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    B Rank & all 50 Boos

I suspect shenanigans and look forward to trouncing your score when I get around to playing it. :D

Most difficlt part for me was the second boss I believe,
    the owl boss
    , had to use Funky Kong for that in the end as was wrecking my head.
    lafors wrote: »
    My son is playing it and can't pass the second boss either so I said here go on gimme the controller, queue 1 hour of trying to beat him and still didn't manage it grrr. Didn't use DD though, might go and help him on that.

I must've tried this boss about 20 times last week. Decided to leave it alone for a few days and came back to it tonight. Beat him on my first attempt, and only taking two hearts damage myself. :confused:

(No Funky Kong either.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    B Rank & all 50 Boos

Happy enough with that :)

P.S. What a brilliant game!

3Noqx8z.jpg

Do we think that Luigi's mansion will come to Switch? I'd love to give it a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do we think that Luigi's mansion will come to Switch? I'd love to give it a blast.

A new one? Probably depends on how the remake does on the 3DS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm almost 47 hours in Etrian Odyssey Untold on story mode and almost done with the fifth stratum, it's taken me this long as I just keep exploring and fighting monsters and doing quests, my party is all level 66.

Advertisement