Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Jumping in and out of Bloodstained: CotM, Hyrule Warriors and Mega Man 8.

Just "beat" Bloodstained this morning before I realised the game has a sort of NG+ mode that lets you "continue" the story. For those that have played it I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Jumping in and out of Bloodstained: CotM, Hyrule Warriors and Mega Man 8.

Just "beat" Bloodstained this morning before I realised the game has a sort of NG+ mode that lets you "continue" the story. For those that have played it I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Bloodstained is a great game, they really nailed the NES Castlevania feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pac1Man wrote: »
    A new one? Probably depends on how the remake does on the 3DS.

Even the remake? I'd love to give it a bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I started Breath of the Wild last night. Please tell me that weapon durability gets better the longer you play. Currently weapons are breaking after a few hits. I'm still in the tutorial exploring and looking for shrines so haven't progressed at all. Came across some big Rock monster with no hope of beating it as I've no armour or decent weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just about to board a flight to the US. 6 hours of uninterrupted gaming here i come. Donkey Kong and south park are the main 2 I'll play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I started Breath of the Wild last night. Please tell me that weapon durability gets better the longer you play. Currently weapons are breaking after a few hits. I'm still in the tutorial exploring and looking for shrines so haven't progressed at all. Came across some big Rock monster with no hope of beating it as I've no armour or decent weapon.

You will look back at this in time and laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just about to board a flight to the US. 6 hours of uninterrupted gaming here i come. Donkey Kong and south park are the main 2 I'll play.

What do you use to keep a charge up for six hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Been a while since I played but I remember weapon durability was pretty poor on most weapons but you will have tonnes of weapons as you progress so it isn't that big of a deal to switch them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm guessing that you're using rusty weapons and tree branches at this stage. Those "weapons" have next to no durability but things improve are you progress. Every weapon breaks but some last much longer than others.

By the time you finish the tutorial section, you'll also have other ways to kill baddies without using your weapons.

Getting through Star Fox: Assault on the cube

It's classic Starfox without the weird Wii U controls. Think more N64 with better graphics.

And the on-foot sections get a bad rep,they are loads of fun.

I'm 5 missions and apparently there is only 10 so a little on the short side it seems so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Getting through Star Fox: Assault on the cube

It's classic Starfox without the weird Wii U controls. Think more N64 with better graphics.

And the on-foot sections get a bad rep,they are loads of fun.

I'm 5 missions and apparently there is only 10 so a little on the short side it seems so far.

I keep meaning to pick that up, it's a pricey one these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I keep meaning to pick that up, it's a pricey one these days.

Is it? I always curse the prices of games I don't have and then kind of take for granted the ones I do have. I can remember it being fairly cheap going back a good while, its mediocre scores didn't help I'd say.

I never really had second copies of Gamecube, but I did have a spare copy of both Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. I sold them for €20 and €25 respectively. That was around 2006 I think, and a mistake.

Traded in some Resident Evil's and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on Gamecube as well. Another mistake. First and last time I ever traded in games.

I think there's maybe around 5 Gamecube games I never got that I'd like to have:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Skies of Arcade

I can't think of the others just now, but I have all the other big games and then some. I bought Twilight Princess on Wii, never knew it would get so expensive on Gamecube and then I've already played it so didn't see the need to purchase it. I still remember Smyths having shelves full of the Gamecube version with most people buying it on Wii.

Edit: I'd like to have the Resident Evil games, I still have REmake, 0 and 4. Never bought 2 as I had it on the N64, had Code Veronica and 3, they were what I traded, think I probably got €10 for each. SMH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

keane2097 wrote: »

What do you use to keep a charge up for six hours?

I have an Anker power bank which generally gets me about one and a half charges. So that's plenty for a 6 hour flight. Plus usb port at my seat too i could just plug in to that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Is it?

Yup
    Well, there's some for €50-€60 that isn't too bad, but it can be pricey in it's PAL form.

Link to the Ebay Listings
    I think there's maybe around 5 Gamecube games I never got that I'd like to have:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Skies of Arcade

Watch the CEX pages, these games do pop up in Irish stores.
    I picked up LoZ:TP for small money there not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Better weapons are much more durable, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Had a go of the mario tennis tournament. It's grand, but I'm on a hardwired connection to the dock, still had matches where the connection was so bad it wasn't registering button presses at all, could barely serve. And they want to charge for this service....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Banjo wrote:
    Had a go of the mario tennis tournament. It's grand, but I'm on a hardwired connection to the dock, still had matches where the connection was so bad it wasn't registering button presses at all, could barely serve. And they want to charge for this service....

So it wasn't just me that thought the controlling was 'off'. Didn't feel the love for the game.... Was fairly meh. Not worth it for 60 beans I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I enjoyed the Mario Tennis demo quite a bit. The lag affecting some is unfortunate of course, and it does seem to be affecting a fair number of people, but free demos like this are also stress tests server wise. The game itself I found a lot of fun, much more substance to play than previous titles. I can see the whole racket breaking thing being divisive, it adds another tactical notch to the game I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I've been playing the demo as well. The lag is really annoying because even in matches where it shows 3-4 bars after the match it regularly drops to one after the first set.

Apart from that it's a really addictive game even though I hate the racket breaking and slow time meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Played the Mario Tennis demo, loved it, and no lag at all. Amazed though that I was playing against people who had already chalked up +1500 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fire Emblem Echoes and Original Radiant Historia for me Echoes has lovely fmv and very frustrating AI so basically usual mo for Fire Emblem.

Radiant Historia is bloody great couldn't get the 3ds one on cart so I'm playing through this one until it goes on sale again or I hack my 3dsxl... Music is next to Ocarina Majora Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 7 as my top 5 soundtracks, game is good fun except enemies can't be dodged very easily. I'm looking forward to the 3ds version which looks much smoother and has lots of extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If they released an identical Mario Sunshine with just touched up graphics, I would be furious that they made it so hard.

It's way, way harder than I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I took a punt on FIFA for €20. Oh dear.

Everything about the game is perfectly fine except for one deal breaker. When playing in handheld mode the Switch's analogue sticks are too short and sensitive to allow for accurate directional control of players and passes.

Presumably the Pro Controller would be better suited but then what's the point in getting the Switch version if you need to be sitting in front of the TV? Especially when superior versions exist elsewhere.

Unless the Switch is your only console I would definitely avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Played enough mario tennis so went back to Fire Emblem Awakening on 3ds. Am I missing out on much if I just ignore the marriage aspect of the game ? I've been enjoying the story so far but I reached the point where
    Chrom marries Sully
    and the marriage charts online make my head spin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I stalled out at that bit wondering should I optimise in some way, read the charts, literal years went by, never went back.

I'd recommend you play on and let it take care of itself. The results you'll get will be the outputs of the things that happened in your game, with your strategies, and so it should be somewhat unique where if you go for someone else's idea of the best path, well you might as well let someone else fight your battles too... And where is the fun in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone play Shape of the World on Switch? Looks like a nice title to zone out to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I started playing Trauma Centre on the reclaimed Wii last night. The Wiimote isn't as precise as I remember it being, or maybe my hands are just shakier now I'm older. Still, a really fun little game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I got Stardew Valley over the weekend. It's pretty compulsive, but also I find it kind of annoying in that I feel like I'm not really playing it 'properly' as in not maximising my time/money. Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Going through this phase of not knowing what to stick to so I'm just playing random games for short bursts of time...

Currently playing the 2nd Octopath Traveller demo that just came out. If you have ever enjoyed Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger you'll love this.

Due out 13th July, I think.

I'm just biding my time until Flashback comes out TBH. Really want to play that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Was playing through the advanced mode of Super Monkey Ball earlier.

Finishing the last floor was a close one - a really close one. I could feel the tension balancing towards the end of the floor, along with the relief from finishing the mode.

Advertisement