Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I played a few hours of the Octopath Traveler demo today. I played as Ophilia as far as the first boss (and beat it).

Superb game and jumps right to the top of my wishlist. The graphics and music are just gorgeous.

I can't wait to see how the 8 paths cross (and what the overall story is). I hope it's a good one. :)

At least 60 hours to finish the main game (excluding side quests). That's a good value game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is loving Hollow Knight, says it's like a Cuphead/Dark Souls mash up.

Hollow Knight is great. Having trouble with the second boss though.... she's fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hollow Knight is absolutely amazing. Best game of its genre since Guacamelee. Unlike Axiom Verge, totally lived up to the hype. Essential purchase at 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Excuse me, but Axiom Verge is a superb game.

• Advertisement

*deep breath*

I agree with sligeach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    *deep breath*

I agree with sligeach.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

UNSUBSCRIBE PEOPLE THE END TIMES HAVE COME

I kidding I kidding we love Sligeach he da man

Really enjoying Fire Emblem Echoes reminds me of persona 3 or 4 very dungeon crawler esque.

I beat Hornet in Hollow Knight... Onwards to the next area. I'm now past where I got to on the PC version, so looking forward to seeing what's next. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I played a few hours of the Octopath Traveler demo today. I played as Ophilia as far as the first boss (and beat it).

Superb game and jumps right to the top of my wishlist. The graphics and music are just gorgeous.

I can't wait to see how the 8 paths cross (and what the overall story is). I hope it's a good one. :)

At least 60 hours to finish the main game (excluding side quests). That's a good value game.

I'm playing as the thief and it's really really good. We'll worth playing if anyone is on the fence.

Is there a way to see the enemies HP when attacking? I'm nearly sure I could see it in the first demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Excuse me, but Axiom Verge is a superb game.

I don't necessarily disagree. It just didn't live up to all the hype. It didn't hold my attention v the way this is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I beat Hornet in Hollow Knight... Onwards to the next area. I'm now past where I got to on the PC version, so looking forward to seeing what's next. :)

Just bought it earlier, really enjoying it so far. Tough but fair. Managed to get past the first boss on my third attempt or so and then picked up some new spell. That'll do for tonight.

Also downloaded the Octopath demo, didn't think much of the first one but will give this a go after seeing the positive comments above.

Have watched a few videos on Mario Tennis and it looks pretty good, a bit of depth to the gameplay it seems. I think the last tennis game I played on a Nintendo was Super Tennis on the SNES, loved it.

Don't suppose Argos might discount the price on release? 60 quid is a bit steep.

Last Nintendo Tennis game I enjoyed was on the Virtual Boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have watched a few videos on Mario Tennis and it looks pretty good, a bit of depth to the gameplay it seems. I think the last tennis game I played on a Nintendo was Super Tennis on the SNES, loved it.

Don't suppose Argos might discount the price on release? 60 quid is a bit steep.

If you pre-order it in Smyths you can get it for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »

Not funny, I bought that at the same time as the Switch, one of them is still in it's wrapper on the shelf.... hint, not the Switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is there any way to know what to do next or is it just figure it out as you go?

Not totally obvious, but you get a power when you beat Hornet that will help you access areas that you couldn't previously access.

Tip - go to the
    bottom right area of the map where you beat Hornet.

Not totally obvious, but you get a power when you beat Hornet that will help you access areas that you couldn't previously access.

Tip - go to the

Might be showing my age, but when you say "Hornet" I think of this

daytona.jpg?itok=jPcaQDgx

• Advertisement

Tip - go to the
    Oh I wasn't even near hornet, I just meant in general :)

Ah right. Just look for areas of the map you haven't been (or couldn't reach). You can see exit points you haven't explored from the map - just explore. :)

Damn I really need amiibos for Fire Emblem that or a way to hack them.

Tip - go to the

Hornet can **** right off! :pac:

Thank god there's a save point really close by otherwise I'm not sure I'd have the patience to keep going back. Tough tough fight.

It's an old fashioned boss fight, for sure. You have to be patient, learn her patterns and pick your attacks carefully. If you just wade in swinging, you'll be dead in seconds. Tip: downward attacks (like shovel knight) are a huge help.

She makes specific sounds before some attacks which is helping also.

So, in response to a lousy E3 I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for my Switch.
    Picked up from where I left off, some hour or two from the start.
    Now I'm not wishing as much for proper real time combat and reckon it's all going to get v confusing shortly, but it was an enjoyable hour spent with it.
    I look forward to picking it up again sometime in 2020 to play some more, might find get past the tutorial popups!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    She makes specific sounds before some attacks which is helping also.

At this fight now, might be one I avoid on the commute and save for the couch if its that difficult :)

Christ this Hollow Knight is brilliant and annoying as hell in equal measure! :pac:

Delighted to finally beat Hornet but a few minutes later I lost 900 coin things (or whatever the currency is called). Died fighting some tough prick down at the lake and the game goes and put's my soul dude right behind him - so of course I died trying to get him. :mad:

Out of curiosity I went back to the shop but there was only 2 new markers for sale, had previously bought all the rest. Is it far into the game when I can upgrade my weapon?

• Advertisement

Go to the far bottom right of the starting area to start working on your charm collection. When you fight a mini boss called Mother, you're heading in the right direction.

Advertisement