Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Christ this Hollow Knight is brilliant and annoying as hell in equal measure! :pac:

I agree! Didn't think it as my kind of game from watching the videos... can't put it down.

I'd a look last night - starting nail 5dmg, Hornet 225HP - no wonder it felt like AGGGEEESSS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Grassey wrote: »
    I agree! Didn't think it as my kind of game from watching the videos... can't put it down.

I'd a look last night - starting nail 5dmg, Hornet 225HP - no wonder it felt like AGGGEEESSS :D

Yeah it is fantastic isnt it

My only regret is its so long, I was more in the mood for a 10 hour and complete it game

Think I will be stuck on this for a while

I don't think I've completed any game yet bar Mario+Rabbids and Mario Oddessy. Keep getting distracted by some newer release... I blame digital titles, my library would be much smaller if I had to haul myself to the shops!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jesus no wonder! She's a proper step up from the first boss.

Not sure how many times I died to her but on the successful attempt the fight itself was a rush! I just knew I had her this time even though several times I was down to my last bit of health. Didn't use the spell on her much (only really useful when she throws the needle I thought) but used it to heal up instead (god it felt so slow to even heal a single piece).

Still annoyed I lost all my Geo afterwards - now I see lots of things I could buy with them. Back at it later tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The next proper boss is fantastic. :)
    Very satisfying to defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

On a scale of 1 - 10 how definitely should I buy Hollow Knight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm also playing Hollow Knight now, 1 hour in, only played handheld mode so far. Early impressions are really good...

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Also picked up Hollow Knight based on the very positive word of mouth. Put in a few hours last night - yeah, I can see myself enjoying this.

It's a great game. I follow Switchwatch on Youtube (great Switch reviews) and they put up a review of Hollow Knight yesterday.

It was their first 10/10 (out of nearly 200 reviews).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

keane2097 wrote: »

Its very good so far, and for 15 euro you really cannot go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

naughtb4 wrote: »

Its very good so far, and for 15 euro you really cannot go wrong

It's even cheaper on the SA store tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

keane2097 wrote: »

Defo worth a purchase. Kind of like Ori and The Blind Forest meets Dark Souls.

I just took a look at the whole world map (just to see how much I have uncovered). Conservatively, I'd say 15-20%. I'm about 6 hours in too. This game is gigantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'll be picking it up when I get paid tomorrow so.

Going to need a 128gb memory card soon. Anyone know what the process is like for more download games and saves between memory cards? I'll want to put that's everything on my 64gb one over to the new one.

Think I'll be picking it up when I get paid tomorrow so.

Going to need a 128gb memory card soon. Anyone know what the process is like for more download games and saves between memory cards? I'll want to put that's everything on my 64gb one over to the new one.

The saves are on the internal memory, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Captures (screenshots / videos) can be configured to be internal or SD card. If it's on the SD Card, then just drag-n-drop on a PC.

Game data is a whole other story. Some people report success just copying across directly between SD cards (obviously on a PC), but a lot of people say it doesn't work and they need to re-download. I'd just go with the assumption that you'd need to redownload if you wanted to put them on the 128GB card. However, if you were happy enough to just use two SD cards and swap them as needed, that would work fine.

I took the plunge on Hollow Knight yesterday. So far I like it. It's good fun and very atmospheric. You can immediately see what people mean about it being challenging but fair.

I am a bit sceptical about winding up back at the top of the well every time I die and having to make my way all the way back down to wherever I was, hopefully that is only a temporary issue at the start of the game.

There are benches (like the one in Dirtmouth) dotted all over the map. Sit on one to save there.
    Once you find the mapmaker (about half an hour into the game), you unlock a shop in Dirtmouth which will be a big help.

Mr E wrote: »
    There are benches (like the one in Dirtmouth) dotted all over the map. Sit on one to save there.
    Once you find the mapmaker (about half an hour into the game), you unlock a shop in Dirtmouth which will be a big help.

Yeah I already bought the map and all the bits to go along with it but didn't really carry on playing after that. I didn't realise the benches were like respawn points - that's helpful.

Mr E wrote: »
    (about half an hour into the game)

I just saw that the speedrun record for the game is 34m 27s

Ara FFS!

Wha? Jesus. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

I just saw that the speedrun record for the game is 34m 27s

Ara FFS!

Wow, value for money

It's 15-20 hours for a normal human.

I expect he/she has played it a lot more than that to get it down to under 35 minutes. Definitely value for money for that person.

Yeah, some of the most content filled games out there can be finished insanely quick. Loved seeing a speed run of morrowind where someone brews a potion that buffs their jumping so much they can just leap straight to the final dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Flashback on Switch

I'm all over different forums banging on about how delighted I am to play it on this platform. Absolute belter of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Flashback on Switch

I'm all over different forums banging on about how delighted I am to play it on this platform. Absolute belter of a game.

Never played it but always wanted to. Gonna wait for a price drop though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Never played it but always wanted to. Gonna wait for a price drop though.

Played it on the megadrive *ducks for cover* i remember it as a kid , will wait till it has a price drop tho 20 quid is tooo much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Played it on the megadrive *ducks for cover* i remember it as a kid , will wait till it has a price drop tho 20 quid is tooo much

There's a saving to be made on the SA eshop.

I really don't like the way they've updated the art

PTE9cgJ.png
    x0EjllL.png

I really don't like the way they've updated the art

Agreed. It doesn't look right at all. It's like they applied some upscale filter. Just looks wrong. They should at least have given the option to toggle.

• Advertisement

Reminds me of when you tried to convert a bitmap to an object in Flash - it would remove all the jaggies and just leave you with flat colour and wobbly lines. </nerd>

Advertisement