Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Known issue. This was posted over on NintendoLife - hope it helps.
    About that pause menu bug: I experienced the same and you can circumvent it by restarting the switch. Not just the game, but the whole OS. After that everything is fine. It‘s funny because i had the exact same bug in Doom. Maybe you want to add that to the review, i guess it could help quite a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr E wrote: »
    Known issue. This was posted over on NintendoLife - hope it helps.

Thank you. Much appreciated. When in doubt, turn it off and then on again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭briany

And Yet it Moves

Great use of the Wiimote. Feels like the game was designed for the console despite it being a port. Just a good old no-nonsense game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I finished the Banner Saga and am now half way through The Banner Saga 2. Great games both of them, but I suppose the first one feels more like a prolog then a proper first part. Will definitely be snapping up part 3 when it arrives!

It really is tense where team members can be killed midgame and don't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Took me about an hour to beat Hornet 2 last night, was sweating buckets by the end.

Loving the game, but a small part of me is ready for it to end now!

• Advertisement

Played about 4 hours of Hollow Knight yesterday (got the
    Desolate Dive and Crystal Heart
    . That should open up the map a bit more. City of Tears was a gorgeous area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just playing through the demo for Octopath Traveller. Went with the Hunter at the start, and it's been pretty good so far, about 90 mins in, and met my first companion so working through that. Looks like it's going to be a day one purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

COD Black Op’s 2 on Wii U. Spooled it up tonight as I had a friend over, the two of us jumped in to some online matches.
    I can’t get over there being 369 other users online for this game which is at least 5-6 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Jumping in and out of Retro City Rampage on Switch. It's a fairly hard game to get into in my opinion - I find myself messing around with the different video overlays and filters more than actually sitting down and playing it.

Wolfenstein II runs great on Switch. Its tough as hell but it looks amazing. Gyro aiming is the future. Works brilliantly. One of my favourite games on Switch so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spent another few hours with Hollow Knight this evening. Up to 16 hours played and can't seem to put it down :pac:

So far I've gone through Forgotten Crossroads, Green Path, City Of Tears, Fungal Wastes and just done Crystal Peaks.

Few movement abilities unlocked and the gameplay is really opening up.

Had to leave two bosses as they were destroying me but I'll be back to them later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

The tips of my thumbs hurt every time I play Mario Tennis Aces :(

And to hell to Octopath Traveller, can’t wait to get Captain Toad tomorrow!!

The other half just picked me up Nintendo Labo Variety pack for my birthday/slightly late "paper anniversary" present. Gonna get stuck into it this weekend. Thank god there's no sport on TV.

The other half just picked me up Nintendo Labo Variety pack for my birthday/slightly late "paper anniversary" present. Gonna get stuck into it this weekend. Thank god there's no sport on TV.

Ehhh

World Cup Final
    GAA

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ehhh

World Cup Final
    GAA

:P

Wimbledon :pac:

Was going for sarcasm people :)
    Probably the busiest weekend of sport this year. I'll figure something out. First world problems eh.

"Spend coins to repair or wait 2 hours to auto-repair".

Screw that.

Galak-Z deleted.

I'd much prefer to pay a tenner to play the game at my own pace for as long as I want without interruption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Really enjoying Ys VIII something something Dana. the battle system makes me want the next xenoblade have a similar set up. i quit it at chapter 8 and dont feel like going back tbh

Built the piano in Labo. Hungover Sunday and had no plans. So built it while watching the world cup.
    It's a very impressive piece of kit. Cant wait to dig deeper into the recording studio section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I've gone back to Pocket Card Jockey, my friend posted this piece about it http://www.thegaygamer.com/2018/07/if-you-own-a-3DS-you-need-to-play-pocket-card-jockey.html?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I've gone back to Pocket Card Jockey, my friend posted this piece about it http://www.thegaygamer.com/2018/07/if-you-own-a-3DS-you-need-to-play-pocket-card-jockey.html?m=1

Unbelievable game, and criminally unheard of!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

baldshin wrote: »
    Unbelievable game, and criminally unheard of!
    I was just saying I'm raging no one talks about it. Went back to it, not playing too well, changed horse and doing a bit better with the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Thanks to all the people who recommended Hollow Knight. I Picked it up yesterday not expecting a whole lot and have had a hard time putting it down since :D

Can't put down Octopath!! It's just so good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pool Panic is weird. I shouldn't have started playing it while drinking beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone else pick up Enter the Gungeon in the sale? Finding it like the original flash version of The Binding of Isaac i.e. it is hard and it is hard and it is also hard. Great craic, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Anyone else pick up Enter the Gungeon in the sale? Finding it like the original flash version of The Binding of Isaac i.e. it is hard and it is hard and it is also hard. Great craic, though.

I got it when it came out, but I never really got into it. With the new update, and my incoming pro controller, I might give it another go. It's one of the few games I didn't like the joycons on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

chrislad wrote: »
    I got it when it came out, but I never really got into it. With the new update, and my incoming pro controller, I might give it another go. It's one of the few games I didn't like the joycons on.

Can confirm it's decent with the pro. I've been playing it undocked a lot as the telly's in use and ohgodmy****inghands after a 20 minute play-session.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought Airmail there for the Switch.
    It's plenty of fun, given its roots as a mobile game.
    Nintendo life had a review where I berated the game from not having a inverted controls option.
    However, turns out there is such an option, just in the game options, not the control options.
    A cracking bit of fun and less than €7 on the SA Eshop.

• Advertisement

Paladins is great craic. Never played Overwatch and didn't think I'd be into that kinda game. But its got me hooked straight away. Much more than fortnite. I just don't click with the controls and building in that game. It's fun but i think I'll be refocusing my attention on Paladins now.

Advertisement