Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still trying to get through fire Emblem Echoes it's a dreg of a game too much fmv

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Paladins is great craic. Never played Overwatch and didn't think I'd be into that kinda game. But its got me hooked straight away. Much more than fortnite. I just don't click with the controls and building in that game. It's fun but i think I'll be refocusing my attention on Paladins now.

I like Paladins as well. I really like the serious kind of 'brooding' to it, in the way that feels almost old school arcade, even down to the voice over guy. I like playing Fortnite too but Paladins is a nice darker type as opposed to Fortnite's slightly cartoonish type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Downloaded Paladins but it freezes every time I click on the log in button so literally can't get beyond the title screen!

Might try reinstalling it and see if that helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

yeah same, im liking paladins too, cant get my head around abilities tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

yeah same, im liking paladins too, cant get my head around abilities tho.

I downloaded the Founders Pack and haven't a clue how to play it! Any tips or video tutorials that someone can recommend??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I downloaded the Founders Pack and haven't a clue how to play it! Any tips or video tutorials that someone can recommend??

I have no idea what im doing in it tbh, team deathmatch is all i seem to be getting matched in so haveny much experience with the othr modes yet. I only have the free version so maybe thats why im limited on what i can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I believe that until you get to level 5, you're limited and matched with bots for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Started Mother 3 Fan Translation yesterday. 10 hours in now, chapter 3, I like it so far, but, I think maybe Earthbound was better so far. But I'm really enjoying my play through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Started Mother 3 Fan Translation yesterday. 10 hours in now, chapter 3, I like it so far, but, I think maybe Earthbound was better so far. But I'm really enjoying my play through.

I have a fake GBA cart for that, I've yet to play it though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I just cannot beat the Traitor Lord in Hollow Knight

I don't think I will ever get to the end of this game !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

naughtb4 wrote: »

I've just done Hornet for the second time and Flukemarm.

Only boss I haven't been able to beat so far is Hive Knight. Need to go back and tackle him now I've a few more charms.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Captain Toad on Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm up to 42 hours played in Hollow Knight :) Most regular bosses done, beat Watcher Knights and Hornet #2 yesterday, think Traitor Lord is only one left to go before the end game. No dream versions of the regular bosses yet and got my ass handed to me by Grey Prince Zote. Probably will finish up in the next two or three days, as I've played enough to get my fill. GREAT GAME! More like this please.

Also have started Captain Toad, the Switch version. Need to go back to Mario + Rabbids at some point, probably 1/2 way through and was quite enjoying it.

ionapaul wrote: »
    I'm up to 42 hours played in Hollow Knight :) Most regular bosses done, beat Watcher Knights and Hornet #2 yesterday, think Traitor Lord is only one left to go before the end game. No dream versions of the regular bosses yet and got my ass handed to me by Grey Prince Zote. Probably will finish up in the next two or three days, as I've played enough to get my fill. GREAT GAME! More like this please.

Also have started Captain Toad, the Switch version. Need to go back to Mario + Rabbids at some point, probably 1/2 way through and was quite enjoying it.

How did you find the Watcher Knights?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Tough the first time I tried (at about 20 hours in), not too bad yesterday as I completely changed my strategy - went with a more passive/spells damage one as opposed to nail damage (charms used were Shaman Stone, Thorns of Agony, Defender's Crest, Lifeblood Heart, Grubsong, Weaversong and most importantly maybe Sharp Shadow). So just focused on avoiding damage, shadow dashing through onrushing knights and unleashing shade soul whenever two knights were grounded opposite me. Probably landed less than 10 hits with my nail in the entire fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Had a go last night. It's simple enough - you are in a tiny arena, shoot the red guys.

However, if you go to Characters from the main menu, you can look at the individual controls, which will clue you in to your character's role and what you should be doing.
    Also, at character select, look for warnings like "No frontline! No flanker! No support!" to show you where the holes are.

Characters have roles and skills.
    Front line appear to be tanks. You'll see them stick big shields up as they advance. They take a punch and don't do a lot of damage in return.

Damage guys do damage. But take less of a pounding than tanks. They tend to have cool machine guns and get all the plaudits at the end of the round for loads of kills.

Flankers do loads of damage and really can't take a punch. So they flank and take the enemy by surprise. Think of them like a Thief that gets backstab damage, or a sniper.

Support characters keep the other characters alive or buffed or debuff the enemy.

And at the end of the day, none of this matters because everyone runs into the middle and just starts shooting.

e.g. I played a round as the camp-looking elf that looks like an albino Cher in a power rangers mask. He was ****. Then I looked at his controls. The reason he's **** is he's a healer. Once you know he's a healer and you know which button is your heal, you're laughing - look for your damage dealers, keep them alive. Top your tank up now and again. And if there's another healer, keep healing them - that way when the round is over you'll have done more healing than them and you get all the credit :D Also, he has a cool support power that lets you take a baddy and force-choke them into the air to freeze them (though I think they can still fire) for a few seconds, then damage them heavily. Reading the controls sent me from worst player on the team to the highest earner in 1 round. I don't think anyone at these low levels has a clue what they're doing, they just pick the dude with the big gun or big shield and charge.

naughtb4 wrote: »

Finally beat him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ys VIII, great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Can someone please reassure me that Xenoblade 2 gets better? I think I've started and given up about ten times now because I find it so monumentally annoying and frustrating, even by JRPG standards early on. Is there a point at which I start to like it more? I'm around 7 hours in.

I think the only reason I keep coming back is because I paid 50e for the damn thing and I'm a stubborn git but I'm really tempted to just f*ck it off and move on to Octopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Cina wrote: »
    Can someone please reassure me that Xenoblade 2 gets better? I think I've started and given up about ten times now because I find it so monumentally annoying and frustrating, even by JRPG standards early on. Is there a point at which I start to like it more? I'm around 7 hours in.

I think the only reason I keep coming back is because I paid 50e for the damn thing and I'm a stubborn git but I'm really tempted to just f*ck it off and move on to Octopath.

Yeah it gets better after the first chapter. I've over 200 hours sunk into it and I'm only at chapter 8 I think, some new DLC due this month too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Grassey wrote: »
    Yeah it gets better after the first chapter. I've over 200 hours sunk into it and I'm only at chapter 8 I think, some new DLC due this month too.

200 hours?!

I'm not even sure I want to get into it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I was taking my time, doing all the side quests and trying to unlock all the rare blades, meandering in and out of the main story. Playtime would be significantly lower if I'd blasted through. Average completion time for main story is 64 hours.

I'd an initial 'hump' also about how nothing was happening up to about 10-12 hours, then it got so much better after that.

I'm putting a moratorium on my purchases for the moment!

I have Octopath Traveler, Dandara, Mega Man Legacy Collection(s), Owlboy, and Yokus Island all on my immediate backlog to play, and I've preordered Dead Cells and Okami HD, and I picked up Salt and Sanctuary this morning!!!! I'm actually spending most of my time playing Fortnite with my son, so barely scratched on them.

I need to stop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have spent a fecking fortune recently, €20 here, €30 there, digital purchases mainly.
    As a result I have a games library across the PS4 and Switch that I'm never going to come close to appreciating.
    And that's before I get to the major games pile....

bugger

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have spent a fecking fortune recently, €20 here, €30 there, digital purchases mainly.
    As a result I have a games library across the PS4 and Switch that I'm never going to come close to appreciating.
    And that's before I get to the major games pile....

bugger

And there's Spider-Man and Red Dead before the end of the year. Very tempted to order the full Walking Dead Telltale Collection for 24 on PSN too.

*stopstopstopstopstop*

Dark Souls for the Switch and RDR2, and that's my lot...

Yeah, right...

I want to pick up a couple of outstanding Rockman games for the Famicom as well as another Famicom Disk System game or two.
    Also, want to get some Namco classics for the Famicom itself, like Galaga and Pacman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Zelda BOTW. God the weapons are flimsy. Enjoying the early stages though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NDS4Life

Just getting started with Castelvania - Down of Sorrow, unfortunately on a NDS emulator because I couldn't find the game for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Started South Park TFBW. It is every bit as puerile as it promised. Bit simplistic so far though, and hit one game-breaking restart-requiring bug in the first 10mins which doesn't bode well...

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Started South Park TFBW. It is every bit as puerile as it promised. Bit simplistic so far though, and hit one game-breaking restart-requiring bug in the first 10mins which doesn't bode well...

I was fairly bug free though I definitely preferred the first one. I assume you got the latest patch?

Advertisement