Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Started South Park yesterday

Not loving it half as much of TSOT at the moment, the combat is a bit irritating

Don't get releasing a 2nd game in a series when the 1st one isn't on the system, should of been a double pack for a once off price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Don't get releasing a 2nd game in a series when the 1st one isn't on the system, should of been a double pack for a once off price.

You're not required to play TSOT to enjoy this one. They don't share anything story related.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just started FFXV Pocket Edition, I have the original on the PS4 but it's just so big and so much to do that I just got lost in it, and I didn't have hours to spend at it. This one seems to keep the same story - yes, the action isn't as complicated, and it's quite simple, but the story seems there, and while you don't have full free roam, as the main game, it also fast travels you to quest ends rather than having to walk for miles. It's a lot more conscious of your time. So far, about an hour or so in, I'm enjoying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing Dead Cells.
    I'm really bad at this game but can't help playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Viewtiful Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I went back to AC:NL last week, just wanted to play something simple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Picked up Yoku's Island Express in the eShop sale over the weekend.

Very enjoyable game so far. The pinball mechanic is a nice novelty and feels great in both handheld & docked modes.

Get the impression it won't be a long game as I've already completed near 20% of it but still worth picking up at the €11.99 price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really like unusual pinball games, Yoku's Island Express is an excellent example.
    I also have Odama on the GC but have yet to play it, it seems to combine Kessen with pinball to good effect.
    Another game really worth playing is Flipnic on the PS2, which explores beyond the physical limitations of real world pinball.

The PS2 back catalogue would, for me at least, represent the same kind of variety we see in the ever-growing Switch library, a move from AAA games, where risky blue sky thinking is discouraged, and a focus on smaller games with braver concepts at play, might be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Picked up Final Fantasy Pocket Edition. It was going for so cheap i couldn't say no.
    Played the main game on Xbox before but only got a few hours in. Loved it on that and I'm loving it again on Switch. Glad I'll be able to give this game another go since i rarely get to play Xbox anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Picked up Final Fantasy Pocket Edition. It was going for so cheap i couldn't say no.
    Played the main game on Xbox before but only got a few hours in. Loved it on that and I'm loving it again on Switch. Glad I'll be able to give this game another go since i rarely get to play Xbox anymore.

Have never played a FF before, is it a good intro?

Though I do have a massive backlog.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Is this basically the full game minus the open world faffing? Cos that actually sounds more appealing than putting stupid hours into the full game.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Is this basically the full game minus the open world faffing? Cos that actually sounds more appealing than putting stupid hours into the full game.

I'm about 4 chapters in, and yes, it's pretty much that in a nutshell. It even fast travels you back to the start when you complete the mission. As I said above, it's far more respectful of your time.

For comparisons sake, I spent about 15 hours on the PS4 version, and got to chapter 6 before I got bored and moved on. I'm about 2-3 hours and on chapter 5 for tonight, so it's a much more focused game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

That sounds great! I heard the soundtrack is fully intact as well, might have to give this a go! It's been ages since I enjoyed a Final Fantasy game, just don't have the time anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm about 4 chapters in, and yes, it's pretty much that in a nutshell. It even fast travels you back to the start when you complete the mission. As I said above, it's far more respectful of your time.

For comparisons sake, I spent about 15 hours on the PS4 version, and got to chapter 6 before I got bored and moved on. I'm about 2-3 hours and on chapter 5 for tonight, so it's a much more focused game.

Cheers for that, will probably give it a go while its discounted so. I have the full PS4 version too but never really had the time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I folded like a pack of cards and picked up Skyrim... it's fantastic ;_;

But really though, it plays very well, super smooth and graphics look fine. Fitting the controls onto the Switch means a few things are double-jobbing but I'm almost used to it now. Playing a Bosmer that looks like a cross between a badass Native American and Snake Pliskin (named Iroquois no less). Going a pure physical build, no magic, just light weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've gone back to Hollow Knight. I'm at a boss called Broken Vessel which is giving me a lot of grief. I'd say I've tried him 20 times now, but I think I'm close.

Stuck on a chapter 2 boss in Octopath Traveler.

Getting more comfortable with Into The Breach. It's a great game just to pick up and play a map or two.

I'll be interested in seeing prices for Broken Sword 5 tomorrow. Seems to be €29.99 RRP but if I can get it for close to €20, I'll pick it up. Haven't played a good traditional graphic adventure for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

Mr E wrote: »

I'm still working my way through Octopath. There are a few bosses that seem particularly overpowered for their level requirement. For Chapter 2 I think it was Tressa's boss, and Therion's in Chapter 3, I had to fast travel away and do some other characters' chapters before going back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've gone back to Hollow Knight. I'm at a boss called Broken Vessel which is giving me a lot of grief. I'd say I've tried him 20 times now, but I think I'm close.

Getting more comfortable with Into The Breach. It's a great game just to pick up and play a map or two.

I'll be interested in seeing prices for Broken Sword 5 tomorrow. Seems to be €29.99 RRP but if I can get it for close to €20, I'll pick it up. Haven't played a good traditional graphic adventure for ages.

Do you have the shadow dash move yet? There's a charm you can pair with that that causes damage when you dash through enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

F***ing Hornet for me. She's what, Boss 2? Not even a Boss, just a mid-level thing? Urrrgh! Keep missing my downward-swipe attacks to bounce on her head when trying to jump over her. And she's a cheating cow, rushing me instead of attacking. It's not cricket! And then half the time my ghost beats the **** out of me on the way back to fight her and I have to go scrounging for health cause I can't hit the attack button fast enough. Or I'm hitting it too fast.... I think I might be too old for proper games and need to go back to plot driven stuff with an Easy mode.
    That Dark Souls looks like a hoot....

I'm still working my way through Octopath. There are a few bosses that seem particularly overpowered for their level requirement. For Chapter 2 I think it was Tressa's boss, and Therion's in Chapter 3, I had to fast travel away and do some other characters' chapters before going back to them.

I think it's my first Chapter 2 boss - one of Primrose's crow arm guys. I think the area has a level 22 requirement and only my main character is level 22. Might grind a bit more and go back there later.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you have the shadow dash move yet? There's a charm you can pair with that that causes damage when you dash through enemies.

Just looked up how to get it. Don't think I can get it yet. Need the wing thingies to double jump and need the Kings Brand (which I don't think I have).

I won't mention the hard version of that boss later on in the game. Thankfully, optional. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Woohoo! Kiss steel, Hornet!
    There are pockets or 2 or 3 seconds in this game where I become the greatest gamer in the world, stringing dodges and jumps and tricky little parrying swings together and it feels great and then I screw it up or mistime a swing or misread a "hwup!" cue and she kicks my arse again. And I've a terrible feeling this is the junior intro version of a boss fight to come - there are a lot of buttons on the controller that still don't do anything... But she's down! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Between this and my recent run of 3 sectors, no damage in Into the Breach, I think I may be a reincarnation of The Wizard. Is Ninja Gaidan one of the NESflix games?

Ninja Gaiden and it's sequels aren't available yet

Ninja Gaiden is coming in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Rhyme wrote: »
    I folded like a pack of cards and picked up Skyrim... it's fantastic ;_;

But really though, it plays very well, super smooth and graphics look fine. Fitting the controls onto the Switch means a few things are double-jobbing but I'm almost used to it now. Playing a Bosmer that looks like a cross between a badass Native American and Snake Pliskin (named Iroquois no less). Going a pure physical build, no magic, just light weapons.
    I bought it for the first time ever a few weeks ago on the switch obviously but can't really get into it. I know I just have to get into it to, ya know, get into it but gaming time isnt easy to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭peter4918

iamtony wrote: »
    I bought it for the first time ever a few weeks ago on the switch obviously but can't really get into it. I know I just have to get into it to, ya know, get into it but gaming time isnt easy to come by.

Same as you, bought it to see what all the fuss was about and gave it a few hours. After putting 140 hours into BOTW, I just can’t get into Skyrim especially with all the other great games out on the switch lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

chrislad wrote: »
    I won't mention the hard version of that boss later on in the game. Thankfully, optional. :D

I think that's the one I could be thinking of then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

peter4918 wrote: »
    Same as you, bought it to see what all the fuss was about and gave it a few hours. After putting 140 hours into BOTW, I just can’t get into Skyrim especially with all the other great games out on the switch lately.

I'd say it was brilliant when released and if you played it then and loved it the thoughts of having it in handheld would definitely pull the nostalgia purse strings but I just find it looks pretty dull and nothing has really happen yet bar a dragon flying about.

• Advertisement

Ninja Gaiden is coming in December.

I just need to get the third one for the Famicom and I have them all.
    But it'll be nice to have them on the Switch as well.

Advertisement