Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I always find it weird how the female characters is Bayonetta are supposed to be sexy, but they remind me more of spiders with guns taped to their legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If it's weirdly sexualised spiders you're after, play that new Lord of the Rings game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

You can up the difficulty in the main menu, i switched to master mode after hard mode because my barbarian was chopping through baddies in no time after i got the hang of his skills and and moves. Be prepared to die a bit tho :3

If it's weirdly sexualised spiders you're after, play that new Lord of the Rings game.

Just for the record, I am Not after that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Started Octopath last night. Enjoyed what little I've played of it thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone played 'forgotton anna' yet? Reviews are positive en9ugh so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can up the difficulty in the main menu, i switched to master mode after hard mode because my barbarian was chopping through baddies in no time after i got the hang of his skills and and moves. Be prepared to die a bit tho :3

Thought I should play through the plot a bit so kicked off a new Witchdoctor. Was going swimmingly till a postal opened in the Cathedral and something called Nemesis, Slayer Of Ace Attorney" poured out and kicked the **** out of me.

Is Nintendo punishing those of us with lapsed Online subs by letting subscribers gank us in our solo games???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Banjo wrote: »
    Thought I should play through the plot a bit so kicked off a new Witchdoctor. Was going swimmingly till a postal opened in the Cathedral and something called Nemesis, Slayer Of Ace Attorney" poured out and kicked the **** out of me.

Is Nintendo punishing those of us with lapsed Online subs by letting subscribers gank us in our solo games???

It was a nemesis
    http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nemesis_Kills

TL:dr a monster that kills a player has a chance of going through your friends list and randomly showing up in someones game. i havent been sending anything to you on purpose. :(<3

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good to see the Diablo 3 icon updated on the Switch. The old white icon was awful.

It was a nemesis
    http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nemesis_Kills

TL:dr a monster that kills a player has a chance of going through your friends list and randomly showing up in someones game. i havent been sending anything to you on purpose. :(<3

He showed up again! And I ripped his tongue out of his own arse. You're welcome ;)
    even at low levels, tweaking gear is great fun. Found a staff that reduces the mana cost of the bats I shoot out of my face, combined with mana regen on a few other bits, that means I never have to switch it off. Suck my everlasting facebats, Nemesis!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    He showed up again! And I ripped his tongue out of his own arse. You're welcome ;)
    even at low levels, tweaking gear is great fun. Found a staff that reduces the mana cost of the bats I shoot out of my face, combined with mana regen on a few other bits, that means I never have to switch it off. Suck my everlasting facebats, Nemesis!

It's this kind of over-confidence that Dark Souls is designed to cure.

"Great at dark fantasy games you say?"

tumblr_o1z100MQBP1tm0tuwo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got Saboteur for the Switch the other day, from the SA eShop, only around a fiver...
    I recall playing it on my Spectrum back in the day, but by god it has aged... really badly.
    Some fun to be had for a little while with the different graphics filters, but I'm finding it awful, the controls are pants too, with just two buttons, one being fire and other a remapping of up.
    Deary deary me.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Got Saboteur for the Switch the other day, from the SA eShop, only around a fiver...
    I recall playing it on my Spectrum back in the day, but by god it has aged... really badly.

I just saw the review on Nintendo Life. 4/10.
    I love the idea that it has 7 times the content of the original game (all new content is post-game), but I think it's staggering that they didn't bother freshening up the graphics. It just doesn't look good as it is, and did NOT age well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Civ VI is great on Switch. Super elated that the complex menus have been ported over so easily and intuitively.

Traded some 3DS games that have been gathering dust on my shelf for 3+ years, and got Metroid: Samus Returns and enough for Starlink in Smyths. Not a bad trade. :)

Went back in time there and played some 1080° snowboarding on the N64, not aged as well as I hoped.
    Also, some Quake II also on the N64, actually not too bad.
    In the latter, the controls were a little hinkey at first, but with the ram pak the game looked pretty good tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pool Panic: a wonderfully bizarre game with not so great controls

Brings a smile to my face when I play it, and when I play it, Banjo comes to mind. Banjo, I think your spirit is trapped in this game!!

manual_man wrote: »
    Pool Panic: a wonderfully bizarre game with not so great controls

Brings a smile to my face when I play it, and when I play it, Banjo comes to mind. Banjo, I think your spirit is trapped in this game!!

Ever since I put my details into the Ali Express app, I've been getting a lot of highly-targeted advertising but that's taking it too far!

Diablo III crashing like Marc Bolan mariokarting through Wild Wood ever since I got into Act 4. If it happens to you - I think it's because there was an initial hang just as I entered a gate from one map to another. Restarting the game put me back at the exit of the map I'd just finished but with the map undiscovered. So naturally I assumed I was back at the start of the map and started exploring. Crash! Bang! Whallop! It doesn't seem to like randomly generating an area you're supposed to have already been through. Once I copped on and exited to the next map immediately on restarting the crashes stopped.

Bendy and the Ink Machine is extremely unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Bendy and the Ink Machine is extremely unsettling.

That's caught my eye, is it unsettling in a good way, or to the point you wouldn't want to play it?

• Advertisement

plibige wrote: »
    That's caught my eye, is it unsettling in a good way, or to the point you wouldn't want to play it?

In a Silent Hill way.
    The visuals and lack of colour queues in the environment makes it quite disorienting as well.
    €25 for your physical edition in Argos is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just completed Owlboy

A whole load of meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Picked up Slain: Back from Hell for $5 on US eShop - I'm liking it.
    I also got Blossom Tales and I really like it - only about 2 hours in but I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Just completed Owlboy

A whole load of meh....

Agreed. I got to maybe the second power up, and I was just bored. So many other better games to play, so I moved on.

I just started Warframe. Just played the first mission so far. Seems like it could be interesting. Not sure how I feel about the online part of it and the constant stream of text chat (pretty sure I can disable it) - I might have time over the weekend to give it a proper go.

Just played an hour of Warframe. Every few minutes I said out loud "How the f**k is this free?"

Must look out for a beginners guide of some sort, just to start me on the right footing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I got The Stick of Truth the other day and have spent a nice few hours at it. It's very enjoyable and very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Haven't really played much in a while. Played Star Wars Pinball last weekend. There's 3 tables in the bundle, the first is really good, the other 2 are forgettable.

Played Mega Man 2 last night, it's a good game but some of it is trial and error, like Quick Man's stage. You've no idea what's coming up with the beams down below. So it's trial and error and learn the route off by heart. Thank God for save states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s_00b0stJU

That person makes it look easy but it's not that simple especially when you collect the extra life.

In a Silent Hill way.
    The visuals and lack of colour queues in the environment makes it quite disorienting as well.
    €25 for your physical edition in Argos is pretty good.

Picked this up today, looking forward to it :)

Rogue Legacy Round 1 done. Now onto first NG+. :)

w0se5NS.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Picked up Starlink* on the US eShop and it's a lot of fun. Sort of how No Mans Sky should have been. I'm just tootling through it, doing missions and things as I find them and enjoying myself a lot. The Arwing is a nice touch too, so so fast :)

*Digital standard edition. It has plenty of ships, pilots and weapons.

Advertisement