Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sligeach wrote: »
    Haven't really played much in a while. Played Star Wars Pinball last weekend. There's 3 tables in the bundle, the first is really good, the other 2 are forgettable.

Played Mega Man 2 last night, it's a good game but some of it is trial and error, like Quick Man's stage. You've no idea what's coming up with the beams down below. So it's trial and error and learn the route off by heart. Thank God for save states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s_00b0stJU

That person makes it look easy but it's not that simple especially when you collect the extra life.

Think fighting
    Flash Man
    first was the key to this level when I played years ago. Then could use his ability to
    stop time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have most of the original Megaman/Rockman games on both the NES and Famicom and I universally suck at them all. But the carts are lovely, so there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rhyme wrote: »
    Picked up Starlink* on the US eShop and it's a lot of fun. Sort of how No Mans Sky should have been. I'm just tootling through it, doing missions and things as I find them and enjoying myself a lot. The Arwing is a nice touch too, so so fast :)

*Digital standard edition. It has plenty of ships, pilots and weapons.

How did you buy off the US eshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Setup a new account on Nintendo.com and set region to US.
    Add a new account to your Switch and link it to your new US account.
    Buy some eshop credit online (PC Game Supply / Play Asia)
    Go into the eShop on the US account on your Switch and "Redeem" on the left menu.
    Now buy what you want....

Edit: Use zip code 33166 and you won't have to pay Sales Tax.

Cheers was wondering where was "safe to buy the credit from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Started Let's Go Eevee on Friday, enjoying it, not having 100s of Zubat random battles in a cave is great.

Thanks for that post Mr E, was trying to get on the US shop yesterday, didn't know I needed a new account. Same as PSN so not too hard but hadn't bought credit for it in ages so those links are great too. Play Asia still a bit slow? I remember having to message them about not getting the email

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No worries. Seems OK here...

Hyrule Warriors is great fun, pretty mindless but who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm getting stuck into Starlink - I'm focusing on 100%ing the first planet right now, but it's fun so far, a lot to learn with mods etc, but the gameplay is smooth, and the action is quick, if unchallenging right now, but I suspect that will change. As was said earlier, it's like No Mans Sky-lite - Less of the scope, but more to do because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm getting stuck into Starlink - I'm focusing on 100%ing the first planet right now, but it's fun so far, a lot to learn with mods etc, but the gameplay is smooth, and the action is quick, if unchallenging right now, but I suspect that will change. As was said earlier, it's like No Mans Sky-lite - Less of the scope, but more to do because of it.
    If you find travelling around to be a bit slow, change your core ship to the Arwing. It fairly flies around in comparison to the starting ship.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reminds me, I have to restart No Man's Sky, that game is amazing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Just played an hour of Warframe. Every few minutes I said out loud "How the f**k is this free?"

Must look out for a beginners guide of some sort, just to start me on the right footing.

Check out iFlynn on YT for beginner guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Bendy and the Ink Machine is extremely unsettling.

Have you finished it yet?

If you find travelling around to be a bit slow, change your core ship to the Arwing. It fairly flies around in comparison to the starting ship.

I'm primarily using it at the moment with +40 speed mods :)

I'm primarily using it at the moment with +40 speed mods :)

Good idea, I think I've got a few +Speed mods in my load out. The third planet is a lot bigger than the first two so high speed is a solid choice (as well as unlocking fast travel between unlocked spires).

Good idea, I think I've got a few +Speed mods in my load out. The third planet is a lot bigger than the first two so high speed is a solid choice (as well as unlocking fast travel between unlocked spires).

I have the fast travel, and I'm just about finished the first planet - I'll move onto the second, and I may start messing with some of the other ships. I need to spend a bit of time trying some weapons - just using fire bullets, and ice missiles, which is fine for the first planet but will probably get old fairly fast.

I have the fast travel, and I'm just about finished the first planet - I'll move onto the second, and I may start messing with some of the other ships. I need to spend a bit of time trying some weapons - just using fire bullets, and ice missiles, which is fine for the first planet but will probably get old fairly fast.

If you got the digital version with more weapons then trying different combinations can work out. I fully levelled up the fire bullets and ice missiles and moved onto the purple (gravity) bullets and the siege missile thing (yellow) and it changes how you fight. You'll still need to flick back to ice and fire to solve puzzles or open the elemental chests. I want to properly try some close-up weapons soon as the shotgun is a lot of fun, especially on the imp guys.

If you got the digital version with more weapons then trying different combinations can work out. I fully levelled up the fire bullets and ice missiles and moved onto the purple (gravity) bullets and the siege missile thing (yellow) and it changes how you fight. You'll still need to flick back to ice and fire to solve puzzles or open the elemental chests. I want to properly try some close-up weapons soon as the shotgun is a lot of fun, especially on the imp guys.

The fire ram saved my ass against the overpowered (at the time) enemies I faced in the Wonder on the first planet - Just power up and fling yourself at them!

I did get the digital - While I liked the look of the Arwing toy, I know I wouldn't bother with it, and the digital copy had everything unlocked without the need to keep hooking toys up (not to mention the cost!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Warframe is excellent. I'd never even heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

eggy81 wrote: »
    Warframe is excellent. I'd never even heard of it before.

Tried it out last night for the first time. Did the opening chapter. Fun game. Hard to believe it's free. Looks impressive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Having defeated the big bads in Diablo III I was hacking my way through another grim dungeon, collecting bounties, when a portal opened up. "Oh Ace Attorney, who's killed you this time?" I giggled but nothing came out. And unlike other portals, this one was pretty and rainbow coloured. Spamming A to collect some treasures, I moved closer and next thing I'm in a field surrounded by flowers and smiling clouds and rainbows, with 8-bit beepy boopy music playing, butchering my way through hordes of teddies and ponies while raking in gems and loot. On the one hand, how dare they mock us and our kiddie console! On the other - Hurray! Dead ponies and cool legendary weapons and bucket-loads of XP! This is a weird game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Tried it out last night for the first time. Did the opening chapter. Fun game. Hard to believe it's free. Looks impressive too.

I'm the same. There must be a lot of content given the size of the map in it. Seems a little like Destiny at the moment and there seems to be a mountain if upgradeable stuff. Lovely little freeby and something a bit different on switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    Having defeated the big bads in Diablo III I was hacking my way through another grim dungeon, collecting bounties, when a portal opened up. "Oh Ace Attorney, who's killed you this time?" I giggled but nothing came out. And unlike other portals, this one was pretty and rainbow coloured. Spamming A to collect some treasures, I moved closer and next thing I'm in a field surrounded by flowers and smiling clouds and rainbows, with 8-bit beepy boopy music playing, butchering my way through hordes of teddies and ponies while raking in gems and loot. On the one hand, how dare they mock us and our kiddie console! On the other - Hurray! Dead ponies and cool legendary weapons and bucket-loads of XP! This is a weird game.

This honestly sounds more like you're having a stroke.

Behold! Both the ocular proof of the truth of my words, and also how **** a photographer I am!
    467224.png

None of this precludes him having the aforementioned stroke.
    Could be a Diablo III induced TIA!

Well I was having a stroke but in my defense it had been a hard day at work and I've always found happy clouds to be irresistibly erotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Horizon Chase Turbo. Enjoying it. Vibes of Top Gear games on the SNES and a bit of Outrun. Nice music. Graphics bright and colourful and suit proceedings well. Gameplay a simple enough affair, but if you want to scratch that old school arcade racer itch, definitely worth a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Unpopular opinion time.

The Messenger is a lot more enjoyable than Hollow Knight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Still balls deep in Civ VI. Nothing else at the moment on Switch :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Skyforce anniversary is a great bit of fun.

Advertisement