Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion time.

The Messenger is a lot more enjoyable than Hollow Knight.

How so? Loved Hollow Knight and in the market for a good replacement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Xofpod wrote: »
    Skyforce anniversary is a great bit of fun.

I don't know myself.
    I've been spoiled by the likes of Strikers III and Raiden DX, Skyforce didn't chime with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Finished Starlink (including the end-game stuff) too early so now I've a few days to kill before Smash, Katamari and the Sega Classics game so it's back to BotW for a while. Still an amazing game even on the 4th (or 5th I think) play through. I'd take it into work for some lunchtime exploring if my workplace didn't get crazy busy on the build-up to Christmas.

Roll on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    Finished Starlink (including the end-game stuff) too early so now I've a few days to kill before Smash, Katamari and the Sega Classics game so it's back to BotW for a while. Still an amazing game even on the 4th (or 5th I think) play through. I'd take it into work for some lunchtime exploring if my workplace didn't get crazy busy on the build-up to Christmas.

Roll on Friday :)

I've been playing it on and off - I'm just done with the 3rd world, and gotten to the part where the Primes are showing up on the map now - how much left in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

chrislad wrote: »
    I've been playing it on and off - I'm just done with the 3rd world, and gotten to the part where the Primes are showing up on the map now - how much left in it?

7 planets I think....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »

If you play quickly, you're about half way through. I got 100% on each of the planets as I went along until the Primes showed up then either got between 60-100% on the rest while taking care of Dreadnoughts and Primes as quickly as possible or else they cause more trouble than they're worth.

If the space/air battles were a bit more like Rogue Squadron, it'd be amongst my favourite games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Was sitting beside a fellow Switch player in the train tonight, was wondering if it was one from here!

Really liking Hyrule Warriors, it's got a real one more game feel to it

Recommend to anyone burnt out by a Hollow Knight etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Xofpod wrote: »
    How so? Loved Hollow Knight and in the market for a good replacement.

I could just never get into Hollow Knight. Maybe the more simplistic Messenger wouldn't live up to expectations if you loved Hollow Knight though.

It's just a fun and responsive action platformer (not metroidvania).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I picked up Twilight Princess for Wii U in gamestop for 30 quid yesterday. I had it on the gamecube donkey's years ago but never finished it, must have been in the middle of exams or something.

Anyway, I could be waiting a long time before I get to play it on switch so said I'd bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    If you play quickly, you're about half way through. I got 100% on each of the planets as I went along until the Primes showed up then either got between 60-100% on the rest while taking care of Dreadnoughts and Primes as quickly as possible or else they cause more trouble than they're worth.

If the space/air battles were a bit more like Rogue Squadron, it'd be amongst my favourite games.

I've 4 down, just 3 to go. I doubt I'll get it done before Smash though, but I can dip in and out. It's a decent game, made better I think without the stupid toys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing Katamari Damacy on the PS2 last night, at the gaming get together in my place.
    And, as you do, bought Reroll on the eshop this morning, couldn't wait for a physical copy to come over from the Americas.
    And it's fantastic!
    Nice to compare and contrast the PS2 original and Reroll, with sharper visuals but still that handbuilt, low poly feel throughout.

And then there's the King of the Cosmos in rather striking and snug purple leggings.... only he can make that look work!

But it's a great game and not expensive, I got it on the SA eshop for close the local price, I think I saved about 80c on the EU price of €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have a Nintendo Switch with 38 games, including some like Xenoblade 2 and Southpark that I’ve still yet to touch.

Why am I spending all my time playing Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS as if I haven’t already dumped 80 hours into it?

I played half an hour of Gris last night in bed, and another half an hour this morning. What a stunning game, seriously. If you get it, play it in the dark with headphones.

Bed early tonight for the next section. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote: »
    I played half an hour of Gris last night in bed, and another half an hour this morning. What a stunning game, seriously. If you get it, play it in the dark with headphones.

Bed early tonight for the next section. :o

Started playing this morning. Its bloody wonderful. I keep taking screenshots to look at sections again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How much is Gris on the Irish store? Don't have the Switch to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Banjo wrote: »

Cheers Banjo. Ended up setting up a Russian account. Fecking chicken scratches of a language :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just completed Blossom Tales - I really enjoyed it. Simple and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

When I'm taking a break from Smash I'm playing Starlink. Great game so far. The experience of flying from the surface of a planet into outer space without any load screens never gets old.
    So far the gameplay has been good but relatively easy. Expecting the challenge to ramp up a bit.
    For €20 in Smyths it's a steal.

When I'm taking a break from Smash I'm playing Starlink. Great game so far. The experience of flying from the surface of a planet into outer space without any load screens never gets old.
    So far the gameplay has been good but relatively easy. Expecting the challenge to ramp up a bit.

Sounds like No Man's Sky for dummies, which itself is Elite Frontier for dummies!

• Advertisement

Ah FFS - I paid 30 for it only a few days ago. When did it drop to 20??

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Ah FFS - I paid 30 for it only a few days ago. When did it drop to 20??

I did the same. Didn't think it would fall any lower so I pulled the trigger on it. Then a few days ago it dropped to €20.

It'll be 10-15 in the new year and we'll all be kicking ourselves. Tried it last night, it's good fun but Jesus the controller add on and ship bits are both fiddly and huuuuge.

Banjo wrote: »
    It'll be 10-15 in the new year and we'll all be kicking ourselves. Tried it last night, it's good fun but Jesus the controller add on and ship bits are both fiddly and huuuuge.

That's why I'm playing in digital mode with the pro controller. It's ridiculous with the toy controller. Just put the toys on the shelf instead.

Digital for me too. Toys are still in the box. :rolleyes: :)

I haven't taken it out of the boot of the car yet!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I haven't taken it out of the boot of the car yet!
    LOL - Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

It's a bit of fun for €20 over the weekend, but can't see it being a keeper. The lack of weapon options is annoying me! Taking ages to get enough mods to upgrade the base ones to somethhing useful!

Take the weapons off, you get classic Arwing lasers!

I both love and hate how they've shoehorned Starfox in. It's so incongruous having the anthropomorphic animals wandering around, but then when you're having trouble in a fire fight and Peppy calls "do a barrel roll!" you can forgive almost anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Playing Shantae and the Pirates Curse, really good game, funny in places and on sale at the moment.

I just wish it wasnt so "sexualised"!

Advertisement