Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shantae is a saucy minx.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Bought Cat Quest in the sale, mainly for the kids but put a few hours in last night and it could be a bit of fun.

Also - surprisingly - have to say I'm enjoying Colour Zen. Might even be tempted to pay some cash money for the extra levels....

I'm near the end of Guacamelee. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up Starlink for €25 in Argos. The game itself always looked good to me and honestly I think I'm just going to dump the plastic tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I decided with Smash Bros. it must be me, not everyone else who is wrong about it. I still can't make head nor tail of whats going on. Trying not to button mash and fight properly but just end up getting creamed any way. Help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

**** that last Shantae level!!

Just finished GRIS. Stunning game. Great design, interesting mechanics and just the right length. Got a bit emotional at the ending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Skyward Sword - finally got around to finishing this.
    Started in 2011 on Wii - finished on WiiU :-)
    Some good bits, some tedious bits.
    Glad it's over !

In contrast, I completed the main game of Breath of the Wild on WiiU then redid it straight away on Switch.
    This is the first game I've ever replayed.
    It's just that good.
    Easily my favourite game of all time.

Started back on Wind Waker on WiiU.
    Had put this on hold too ...
    Enjoying it. Great characters/atmosphere/music/graphics/story/puzzles/combat/dungeons ...
    Plays great with the gamepad for map/items on WiiU too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Any thoughts on Octopath? JRPGs wouldn't necessarily be my go-to genre but I have been sucked in in the past by the likes of Chrono Trigger, Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem and The Last Story so I'm not completely adverse to the genre.

With it going on sale in the eShop, is it worth picking up?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Octopath? JRPGs wouldn't necessarily be my go-to genre but I have been sucked in in the past by the likes of Chrono Trigger, Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem and The Last Story so I'm not completely adverse to the genre.

I too am tempted by it but have too much on my backlog as it is. And if it's worth it for the sale price, it'll be worth it at full price given how big it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I never finished it after I put in around 30 hours into it. Found it very dull after really enjoying the first dozen or so hours. Combat is enjoyable but not enough to make me want to give it another go. It looks amazing really but not in the same league as a Chrono Trigger Or Final Fantasy VI.
    There is a generous 3 hour demo on the eShop if you want to try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I picked it up whatever day it went on sale. Had played the demo and was a bit meh after it but said I'd give it a shot after hearing good things online and from some on here.

Have to say I'm loving it now and I'm almost 10 hours in. The random encounter thing was bugging me on the demo but once you gain more party members and the combat gets a bit more diverse the battles are far more enjoyable. Boss battles can be pretty intense for turn based combat and the soundtrack really adds to it.

Stories are nothing ground breaking and there's no real overarching save the world kind of theme, at least not that I'm aware of so far, but that's fine by me.

Just enjoying tipping around the world now and getting better equipment for my team and figuring out who works best together.

Picked it up for €23 on SA store as I had a few points built up and it's worth that price for what I've played already for sure.

Having said that, I'm sure it's probably not for everyone. It's perfectly suited to the Switch in handheld too cos a save point is never far away and you can just chip away at it. Looks great too.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is so f**king good. It's dense with systems, upgrades, powers and secrets everywhere. The graphics and music are phenomenal (right now, I'm paused in game listening to the Green Fields music - such a brilliant piece of music).

It's a very puzzle heavy game too, which I love. You get that little rush of endorphins every time you figure one out.

25% of the map done, 3 forms and 2 orbs in. Loving every minute of it. Buy this game, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr E wrote: »
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is so f**king good. It's dense with systems, upgrades, powers and secrets everywhere. The graphics and music are phenomenal (right now, I'm paused in game listening to the Green Fields music - such a brilliant piece of music).

It's a very puzzle heavy game too, which I love. You get that little rush of endorphins every time you figure one out.

25% of the map done, 3 forms and 2 orbs in. Loving every minute of it. Buy this game, seriously.

Amazing game. I think by New Years it'll be one of my games of the year. Spot on with the puzzles, one of those games where time taken to figure them out, even if unsuccessful, is still hugely enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Think I'm going to pick it up , did some research and it looks like allot of fun.

Many of you guys play Pokemon ? I held off buying it as heard it was a dumbed down version of the DS. My nostalgia for youth still has me interested as I love pickachu.

Labor, man. Nintendo ****ing Labor. Took about two hours to out the robot kit together with the young fella today.

However,

He loves it.

Been punching buildings all morning so he has. Almost worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know if Labor is a typo or intentional. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That Monster Boy game looks like it would be excellent. What's the best deal physical or digital?

Not sure if it's physical in Europe...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure if it's physical in Europe...

Not yet, but I got my physical copy from Videogamesplus in Canada and it was about €35 shipped, took only about two weeks or so to get here too.
    Well worth it, if physical is your bag...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The second Smash game I've ever played (my brother had SSBB on Wii) and the first Smash game I've ever bought and owned.

Safe to say: I am absolutely mince at it. Still having a lot of fun, though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Katamari! Finally! Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The second Smash game I've ever played (my brother had SSBB on Wii) and the first Smash game I've ever bought and owned.

Safe to say: I am absolutely mince at it. Still having a lot of fun, though

That's the beauty of Smash. You can be absolutely crap and still enjoy it all. I'm still getting to grips with the game but loving the learning curve. Great game.

Donkey Kong is both brilliant and infuriating, not sure if I love it or hate it!!!

On the 5th World, boss battles are really tough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Donkey Kong is both brilliant and infuriating, not sure if I love it or hate it!!!

On the 5th World, boss battles are really tough

I had the same relationship with it. It's tough as hell at times. Required lots of patience. Great game though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭redlead

Has anyone picked up Crash Bandicoot? I see it's on sale on the eshop. I never actually played the originals on PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

redlead wrote: »
    Has anyone picked up Crash Bandicoot? I see it's on sale on the eshop. I never actually played the originals on PS.

I bought the physical version a while ago for herself as she loved Crash growing up. Plays well and runs smooth.

Think I paid about €25 from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

redlead wrote: »

I got it with my Switch for Christmas but Pokemon is getting all my attention at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Got the robot labo kit on offer for 20 euro from the bargains thread on here

Its really good - great to spend a few hours making it with my 8 year old son and he loves it - the hanger section where you customize the robot by inserting big screws is a great idea too

A really good piece of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Trying out 20xx - so far so good. The rogue like random levels are going to drive me nuts though.

Advertisement