Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Kirby's Adventure Wii.(playing on Wii u)
    Traded in some stuff in Cex for it.
    It's going up in price, meant to get it ages ago.
    No challenge so far, but fun and relaxing.
    And super polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Smash Bros in the past 24 hours playing Mario first as I'm waiting to see if someone I know wants Smash Bros as a trade for Zelda or Mario Kart am picking up Skyrim during the week.

Mario seems fun so far playing as Luigi as he's the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Smash Bros in the past 24 hours playing Mario first as I'm waiting to see if someone I know wants Smash Bros as a trade for Zelda or Mario Kart am picking up Skyrim during the week.

Mario seems fun so far playing as Luigi as he's the best.

NSMBUDx is fine but it got quite frustrating at times.
    This time Nabbit, from New Super Luigi is available in both games so I might give it a whirl with him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just finished Monster Boy, with 92% completion... Gonna keep at it to get to 100%, because I don't want it to be over yet. Fantastic game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm playing Kirby's Epic Yarn and it's just fantastic.
    The 3DS continues to be a damn nice way to play games and, I'd guess, still hasn't reached it's limits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm playing Kirby's Epic Yarn and it's just fantastic.
    The 3DS continues to be a damn nice way to play games and, I'd guess, still hasn't reached it's limits.

They're must be a ton of games that can be ported to the switch from the 3ds at this point. Maybe Nintendo is telling it's 2nd parties to hold off until they stop 3ds production and introduce (speculation) the switch lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

conormario wrote: »
    They're must be a ton of games that can be ported to the switch from the 3ds at this point. Maybe Nintendo is telling it's 2nd parties to hold off until they stop 3ds production and introduce (speculation) the switch lite.

I'd love if they ported Metroid, A Link Between Worlds, Luigis Mansion(s), and Kid Icarus. Other games are receiving updated versions, so I feel these would be likely candidates - even if Kid Icarus is a pipe dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They were talking about the Kirby port on this week's NVC on IGN. It's easier to scale games down to 240p than scale them up to 720p/1080p (the graphics would all need to be redone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Enjoying a bit of farming together on switch, very relaxing kinda 3d stardew valley. Cheap too at 20 euro. Probably cheaper in SA but i only got 20 euro subscription, so im stuck with my irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just finished Rayman Legends last night. Very enjoyable game

As with most though I just don't have the motivation to 100pct it. Too many games in the backlog.

Still recommend to anyone and think it's on sale now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nedd

Enjoying a bit of farming together on switch, very relaxing kinda 3d stardew valley. Cheap too at 20 euro. Probably cheaper in SA but i only got 20 euro subscription, so im stuck with my irish account.

You can change the region on your own account. Just a heads up.

nedd wrote: »
    You can change the region on your own account. Just a heads up.

Can i still switch regions with the 20 euro sub to the irish shop? I tried to go to SA but it xame up some error?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Can i still switch regions with the 20 euro sub to the irish shop? I tried to go to SA but it xame up some error?

You can't transfer credit between regions.

just set up a separate account for SA with another email address - the SA eShop works with an Irish debit card.

You can still play it as any profile once it's downloaded to your switch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think he means he has the online sub rather than that he has eshop credit.
    This might be relevant :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/9h22k1/you_could_subscribe_to_nintendo_switch_online_on/
    There are a few permutations covered in the comments, but basically you can change your account region as long as you disable the Auto Renewal first. Not clear if you can do it with a family account, but I haven't finished reading the page yet, maybe it's in there.
    This has definitely been mentioned on Boards before, but I'm screwed if I can remember who it was. But they know who they are, so here - credit where credit's due, <fill in your username>!

Banjo wrote: »
    I think he means he has the online sub rather than that he has eshop credit.
    This might be relevant :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/9h22k1/you_could_subscribe_to_nintendo_switch_online_on/
    There are a few permutations covered in the comments, but basically you can change your account region as long as you disable the Auto Renewal first. Not clear if you can do it with a family account, but I haven't finished reading the page yet, maybe it's in there.
    This has definitely been mentioned on Boards before, but I'm screwed if I can remember who it was. But they know who they are, so here - credit where credit's due, <fill in your username>!

Nice one! I thought i was stuck in the irish shop. Cheers all, time to blast a bit of toto and do a bit of shopping.

I wouldn't go messing with the account to change regions, much simpler to set up another account. Like my friend that also uses my console, with his "Damoski" account. He's normally based in Russia... :pac::P

Star Lord wrote: »
    I wouldn't go messing with the account to change regions, much simpler to set up another account. Like my friend that also uses my console, with his "Damoski" account. He's normally based in Russia... :pac::P

And your Mexican account "El diablo gonzolas" :P

I only brought the single account sub tho, i thought i need a family sub to able to use all profiles?

And your Mexican account "El diablo gonzolas" :P

I only brought the single account sub tho, i thought i need a family sub to able to use all profiles?

Only if you want to use that account online, but you can just play the games on your normal account once downloaded!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »

I made this mistake, my core account is now locked to the US with $0.02 in the account so I can't change back. Had to do a swap with email accounts with my Guest account, renamed it etc to get back to some normality. Pain in the bum. Should have just made a US account.

...all for cheap Starlink in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Rhyme wrote: »
    I made this mistake, my core account is now locked to the US with $0.02 in the account so I can't change back. Had to do a swap with email accounts with my Guest account, renamed it etc to get back to some normality. Pain in the bum. Should have just made a US account.

...all for cheap Starlink in December.

You can swap. you just lose the 2c.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »

I remember reading the US was a special case - you can normally choose to drop the balance, apart from moving from the US eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sweetie wrote: »
    chrislad wrote: »
    I remember reading the US was a special case - you can normally choose to drop the balance, apart from moving from the US eShop.

I jumped through plenty of hoops to get it deducted with no luck and then sent off one last Hail Mary email. A few days later, heard nothing so I set up a new account and swapped usernames and email addresses and got back up and running with my now-Irish account (was an arse-ache, picked up FF9 the other day so it works fine). Then heard back from that last email about deducting the $0.02, too late :(

I have a family sub that I bought from SA store. I have been happily changing the entire group from SA story to Irish store without issue.

At the start I set up an account to use specifically with SA store but because the family group is managed by this user I just switch the location on this account back and forth. I have only bought from Irish store or SA store at this point though. Have no experience of using USA store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I see that there is japon hard copy release of stardew Valley for the switch.

I am over in Hong Kong for a few weeks soon so going to try and pick this up....

Spent a nice hour playing Starlink.
    Not only was I convinced to buy the physical version, but I decided to buy the digital edition to replace it as, in truth, you get more of the same there and, via the SA store, it was €22.
    Great fun so far, best Star Fox game in ages, can't wait for the dlc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I heard alot of good things about the messenger so I took the plunge. Really enjoying it, even before the whole gameplay twist. The soundtrack is amazing and I enjoy it's sense of humour.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Spent a nice hour playing Starlink.
    Not only was I convinced to buy the physical version, but I decided to buy the digital edition to replace it as, in truth, you get more of the same there and, via the SA store, it was €22.
    Great fun so far, best Star Fox game in ages, can't wait for the dlc!

Doesn’t look like it is €22 anymore. I was going to get it at that price.

nedd wrote: »
    Doesn’t look like it is €22 anymore. I was going to get it at that price.

It will go down again. There's DLC due soon-ish for more Starfox, no doubt there will be a sale at that time.

I have been playing Hollow Knight for the last few weeks. Took me a while to get into it, but going through phases of really enjoying it.
    This morning on the train I died about 100 times trying to fight a boss. So right now I hate it and am browsing for a new game.
    Overall it is a great game, but in my opinion the boss fights are a tiny bit too hard and that steals some of the fun away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Which boss? :)

Advertisement