Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played most of the suggestions, thanks, think resi revelations and detention will be got today :)

Handy, there is a demo for detention

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    So, I've decided to give Spirit Tracks a go. It's the only Zelda game I'm aware of that I straight up just didn't like. I hope I was wrong. (I think it's the graphics I can't get over. Not the style, they just seem so jagged and horrible).

Graphically it's almost identical to Phantom Hourglass.

Also, you should probably never check out the CDi games...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

petes wrote: »
    Handy, there is a demo for detention

Let us know what you think. I'll probably pick it up at some point

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Let us know what you think. I'll probably pick it up at some point

Liked the demo so bought it, will play it tonight ha.

Still getti through dark souls, don't find it great hand-held, but awkward. Getting through it in the TV though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I've had a Switch for around a year, this is what I've got through (not a lot!).

Super Mario Odyssey - Completed it. One of the best, most enjoyable games I've ever played. One to replay in a couple of years.

Lego City Undercover - I gave up on this reasonably early and sold it. I can see why people like it, but it was too slow paced for my liking and the load times were horrendous. The handy thing about the Switch for me is that you can just pick up and play, but I found it a chore to play this game.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Only dipped in and out of this briefly, great fun.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Just finished it. I enjoyed it, like the Stick of Truth. Not much replayability value for me.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Just started this last night, really enjoying it so far.

I can't see myself buying any more games for a while even though the wish list is growing. I bought the following games that I've yet to play:
    Civilization VI
    Prison Architect
    Retro City Rampage DX

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Super Mario 3d World(Wii U) - completed world 4 and then ditched it. By no means a terrible game, but it just felt very much like going through the motions. Tonnes of polish, a lack of inspiration for me.

Owl Boy(Switch)- quite a nice little title. Around 50% completed, i'm not sure if i'll go back to it, but there's definitely some to like about it. Fairly charming.

Shio(Switch) - not bad at all indie title. Basic mechanics, weird story, nice graphics and decently challenging levels. I'd say i have a good way to go in it, but i'm inclined to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I fuuuuckin hate 200cc Special Cup.

I swear to God, I fuuckin hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You're right to hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Trying to keep plugging away at BotW but have to say for all the hype and praise it got have found it to be an incredibly frustrating game that I’m not enjoying. For my first Zelda game very much questioning what all the fuss is about

Really childish, combat is pretty horrible. The whole way weapons work is incredibly frustrating. And a supposed “legend” who can’t swim more then 10 feet without drowning.

I wouldn’t call it a tough game albeit it is because it’s pure guesswork if you can actually deal with enemies, but just found the whole thing incredibly childish and frustrating.

Will persist as I assume st some point it picks up. But it’s all the negative stereotypes I had about Nintendo and so far the most disappointed I’ve been with a Switch game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

manual_man wrote: »
    Super Mario 3d World(Wii U) - completed world 4 and then ditched it. By no means a terrible game, but it just felt very much like going through the motions. Tonnes of polish, a lack of inspiration for me.

Mario 3D world only gets really good once you best the game.

Which sounds stupid but mario 3D land was the same. The main game is so anyone can beat it and after it a tonne of post game content opens up, more than the base game. The levels are much more of a challenge and have more imagination.

Still I can see why people can find it uninspired and never experience the post game content

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All set for Thursday night. :)

QAmzcne.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Back playing BotW, Master Mode, focusing on getting all the areas mapped and the divine beasts ready to be tried. It is way more challenging. Find myself using Majora's Mask a lot in order to be able to go unaccosted and choose my battles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There are no winners in 200cc. There's only survivors. Yoshi's Circuit (GCN) on 200cc is utterly soul-destroying to get your head around.

I'm playing Pokemon: Ultra Moon. Very early into it, so can't comment too much on where it's going, but I'm currently on my 2nd hour of pretty much non-stop, unskippable cutscenes in a Pokemon game and that, lads, is just actual messing.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    There are no winners in 200cc. There's only survivors. Yoshi's Circuit (GCN) on 200cc is utterly soul-destroying to get your head around.

I've managed, at the cost of not playing any of the other million games I have for months, to get 3 stars on ever grand prix on 200cc.

Except Special Cup.

I have managed to come first in the first three races 5 or 6 times...and then come 8th or (seriously) 12th on Rainbow Road.

Son of a b*tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr E wrote: »

QAmzcne.jpg?1

I'm looking forward to the next month - I've FFX, XII, Cuphead, and Resident Evil 4 unlocking. Haven't played XII or Cuphead, and it's been years since FFX and RE4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

QAmzcne.jpg?1

As an aside and a quick question, what is the orange oval box (with 'on' inside it) beside your seven(!) accounts??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Parental Controls. My nephew, niece and their cousin all have their own profiles. It lets me set play time limits and protect my eshop account with a pin.

I also have an account for USA, Russia and South Africa to access their eshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Baba is stumped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭nedd

I just bought South Park Stick Of Truth. I will give it a go this evening on the way home. I am not a fan of turn based combat but I have read good reviews. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

nedd wrote: »
    I just bought South Park Stick Of Truth. I will give it a go this evening on the way home. I am not a fan of turn based combat but I have read good reviews. Looking forward to it.

The combat is okay but the humour is top notch. If you like South Park, you'll love this. I stopped watching it soon after the movie but this was a great laugh, and better than the sequel in terms of story, though the sequel fixed the battling a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Started playing Res 4 on Gamecube last night for the first time in a long time - were the controls always this bad or I am just too used to dual stick controls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Started playing Res 4 on Gamecube last night for the first time in a long time - were the controls always this bad or I am just too used to dual stick controls?

I never played it on release but tried to play it last year on Xbox and the controls are atrocious. Couldn't for the life of me get used to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo was right, or more specifically Wright.

Went and got the Phoenix Wright trilogy and its great. I decided to just play it based on what's in front of me and not try and remember my way through it and its fun again :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

QAmzcne.jpg?1

I've got Cuphead already!
    As said on the other thread, from the Japanese eShop for €15!

Edit: It's still really hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing Hob. Lovely little game but resolution takes a serious nosedive in handheld. I wouldn't have thought it was a very demanding game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anybody tried Witch Thief yet, 13€

Last night I managed to get 1st, 1st, 1st and 2nd in 200cc Special Cup. I feel tonight might be the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Guacamelee is a great game, highly recommend and not too difficult so far

• Advertisement

Last night I managed to get 1st, 1st, 1st and 2nd in 200cc Special Cup. I feel tonight might be the night.

It happened! It actually happened! For the first time in the history of Mario Kart, I have come first in every race of every Grand Prix at every speed. Never thought it would, but you know, I hung in there, and now...

I've decided to go back and try the other ones. Like a foolish fool.

Double Dash, lads. What's happening here? I remember it as the most beautiful game in the world. Still looks good, in the way GC games tend to, but Christ, I'm still crap at it.

Please give me tips. Lots of 'em. What's the point of the second driver? Can I carry things behind me? Why is Rainbow Road still a nightmare?

Advertisement