Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr E wrote: »
    I started that too. The risk/reward of passing close to the obstacles is very addictive. :o

What's your top score? Mine is 244 on android and 145 on switch. Need to up my Switch game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing Baba is You last night, after buying it.
    Wow, what a lovely game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What's your top score? Mine is 244 on android and 145 on switch. Need to up my Switch game.

Not even close. I played it for 10 minutes. I went to the eshop to get Duck Game last night while it was on sale and I had some gold points to use up. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Such a pity we can't get refunds, as you can on the Google store, I've paid for utter sh1te over the couple of years of Switch ownership and my games library is choca-block with relatively cheap but utter rubbish games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Such a pity we can't get refunds, as you can on the Google store, I've paid for utter sh1te over the couple of years of Switch ownership and my games library is choca-block with relatively cheap but utter rubbish games.

I have so many games I've started and not finished - they just keep releasing new stuff I want to play. I'm trying to focus on FFXII at the moment, about 12 hours in, and I'm enjoying it so far.

The Cadence of Hyrule looks great. I didn't take to Crypt of the Necromancer, just couldn't get into the groove - maybe Zelda music will help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Playing Baba is You last night, after buying it.
    Wow, what a lovely game.

|Baba| | | | | | | | | |
    Baba|Is|Often|Stuck|For|Long|Periods|Of|Time|Before|Inspiration|Strikes
    |You| | | | | | | | | |

Star Lord wrote: »
    |Baba| | | | | | | | | |
    Baba|Is|Often|Stuck|For|Long|Periods|Of|Time|Before|Inspiration|Strikes
    |You| | | | | | | | | | |

Now, that's what this forum is missing, creativity on the part of its moderator!
    You can have the reins back if you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Have been playing FF12 and Resident Evil 4 on and off but finished the former today* and now focusing on the latter. I think I need something silly and quick though to bridge the gap seeing as I'm apparently awful at RE4 now. Maybe Shakedown Hawaii.

*level 61 across the board, most marks completed except for the last few elite and some of the lvl. VII ones which are a horror. None of the 'big' weapons found.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Now, that's what this forum is missing, creativity on the part of its moderator!
    You can have the reins back if you like!

tenor.gif?itemid=8123780

I played a few games of Realm Royale last night and I liked it. It's Fortnite without any building, but has other stuff like crafting, in-game currency that you pick up, loot goblins, respawning chests. It has a medieval setting, so there are castles, horses (summonable from the D pad) and magic weapons (plus modern weapons too, don't worry).

I enjoyed it but the map seemed sparse or something. In one game I came top 5 and never saw another soul (until that one guy who shot me in the back).
    I think in Fortnite, you can see building happening in the distance, so it's easier to find people.

It's about €12-ish in South Africa and will be free in a few months.

I think for the €12, it should have included the season pass though - it's not fair to have to pay extra for that.
    When it goes free, by all means charge for the pass. While I'm paying for the game, the pass should be included.
    (You basically charged me to beta test your game for you).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Okay.

I need some advice. Sort of support group advice.

Do I use my incredibly valuable few gaming hours a week to try to get the only thing I haven't done in Double Dash, 150cc All Cup yokey?

Or do I move on the Mario Kart Wii?

Edit: or get into Mario Kart 64?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Okay.

I need some advice. Sort of support group advice.

Do I use my incredibly valuable few gaming hours a week to try to get the only thing I haven't done in Double Dash, 150cc All Cup yokey?

Or do I move on the Mario Kart Wii?

Edit: or get into Mario Kart 64?

Double Dash has another unlock behind completing All Cup, if that makes any difference.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Double Dash has another unlock behind completing All Cup, if that makes any difference.

Sigh.

Yes.

Yes it does.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Breath of the Wild I'm just pottering around trying to kill guardians with bow and arrow trying to open up the map too fun game but dying is hard to take.

I have this Simpsons Hit and Run here.

Anyone ever play it? Worth a go in 100 years when I'm finished the Mario Karts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have this Simpsons Hit and Run here.

Anyone ever play it? Worth a go in 100 years when I'm finished the Mario Karts?

I heard it was as close to GTA as the Wii (or was it GC?) got. Not amazing but decent. Is there time in your life for ok games?
    One version had a digital pet homer but I think that was DS.

Picked up Broforce and Monster Hunter. Both great, and as far away from eachother in terms of gameplay and depth that they work as antidotes to eachother.

Yokus island express is fab btw. Metroid pinball done right. Thanks to those who recommended it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Playing a few different shmups this evening testing out the Magic-NS adapter with an old modded fight stick - almost forgot I had the thing. Works great for Rolling Gunner, Anger Force, Gunbird 2 and Steredenn. Doesn't work Devil Engine or Sky Force unfortunately.

The more I play of Rolling Gunner the more impressed I am with it, fantastic game.

2a76dfr.jpg

Unbelievable.

Got to the last race on 150cc with a 9 point lead.

Finished 8th on Rainbow Road, thanks to getting bumped off the track about 5 times, and a row of obstacles on the last corner so I get clobbered and finish last.

Unbelievable.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Playing a few different shmups this evening testing out the Magic-NS adapter with an old modded fight stick - almost forgot I had the thing. Works great for Rolling Gunner, Anger Force, Gunbird 2 and Steredenn. Doesn't work Devil Engine or Sky Force unfortunately.

The more I play of Rolling Gunner the more impressed I am with it, fantastic game.

2a76dfr.jpg

There's a HRAP stick in CEX for the Switch right now, I've a phone to trade in so might just get it, for all the Shmups I've been buying

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've beaten Pokemon Omega Ruby, and started Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice. And after that, I thin I'll either continue with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask or start Bayonetta, as I want to take a break from rpgs (I've beaten three rpgs this year, Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City, Etrian Odyssey V and Pokemon Omega Ruby, and I replayed Etrian Odyssey Untold on classic mode).

• Advertisement

Gato Roboto is fantastic. Very tight controls, not too easy (despite what the reviews say), some good puzzles (including figuring out how to beat the bosses) and it's just good old fashioned fun. There is something very pure about it.

A complete bargain for under €7. I got it for €4 with gold coins.

Unbelievable.

Got to the last race on 150cc with a 9 point lead.

Finished 8th on Rainbow Road, thanks to getting bumped off the track about 5 times, and a row of obstacles on the last corner so I get clobbered and finish last.

Unbelievable.

I did warn you. It's awful. The punish for things going awry is so steep. Have a similar story where I only needed 3rd on Rainbow Road to get 1st overall. Of course, at the last possible lap and on the last possible frame, the AI just turned around like evil Krusty dolls and decided I must die. Finished 4th on the race and 2nd overall. Couldn't look at the game for a week.

I did warn you. It's awful. The punish for things going awry is so steep. Have a similar story where I only needed 3rd on Rainbow Road to get 1st overall. Of course, at the last possible lap and on the last possible frame, the AI just turned around like evil Krusty dolls and decided I must die. Finished 4th on the race and 2nd overall. Couldn't look at the game for a week.

You certainly did warn me!

I finished first in at least ten of the races, all I had to do was not finish last!

(However, ever the pessimist, it never occurred to me when I looked at this first that 16 races gives me a better chance at building up a big lead, rather than actually making it harder. In theory. So it's happening tonight. (Does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself a bit? Yeah?))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Get a second player. If they're in second it keeps the so busy. Agree on who's getting the win ahead of the race. In writing.

Banjo wrote: »
    Get a second player. If they're in second it keeps the so busy. Agree on who's getting the win ahead of the race. In writing.

Hmm. If i just plug in a second controller and leave it on the couch...that would significantly reduce the likelihood of me finishing last, wouldn't it?

I mean, it wouldn't rule it out completely, because the Gods of Mario Kart hate me that much, but at least it would mean only 6 imaginary pairs of Mario Kart drivers would be laughing at me, not 7. For a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hmm. If i just plug in a second controller and leave it on the couch...that would significantly reduce the likelihood of me finishing last, wouldn't it?

I mean, it wouldn't rule it out completely, because the Gods of Mario Kart hate me that much, but at least it would mean only 6 imaginary pairs of Mario Kart drivers would be laughing at me, not 7. For a change.

Only if you turn off the autodrive function. Its a sneaky fecker.

Banjo wrote: »
    I heard it was as close to GTA as the Wii (or was it GC?) got. Not amazing but decent. Is there time in your life for ok games?
    One version had a digital pet homer but I think that was DS.

Picked up Broforce and Monster Hunter. Both great, and as far away from eachother in terms of gameplay and depth that they work as antidotes to eachother.

Yokus island express is fab btw. Metroid pinball done right. Thanks to those who recommended it

In answer to the question here, there is time for okay games, on condition they are p*ss easy and don't make me want to hurl the console and controller into the fire.

In answer to the question here, there is time for okay games, on condition they are p*ss easy and don't make me want to hurl the console and controller into the fire.

Every mission in Hit-N-Run feels like a map-spanning war against your patience and spare time. I got 4 hours in and threw it on a trade-in pile. It certainly is easy, if I recall correctly.

Is there auto-drive on Double Dash? Asking for a friend.....

Oh wow.

Just crushed it. Somehow.

For once, the kart in 2nd dropped a few points.

Anyway, there is indeed more to do, so I will post haste address it.

(If any of you are wondering/irritated by my Mario Kart updates, it's because as a lifelong Nintendo loyalist, I have always been shamefully hopeless at every Mario Kart. But NO MORE. I can finally hold my head high (less low) when it comes to not blaming AI for everything.)

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Firewatch. Holy hell the Switch port is an absolute **** show.

What's wrong with it?
    I just started playing it again on my PS4, this time with the directors commentary turned on, it is fantastic!

Advertisement