Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

OSI wrote: »
    Frequent frame drop, poor frame rate when it's not dropping frames, a significant amount of pop-in, and a lot of the vibrance of the colours and sound seemed to have been dialled down. Rather than looking like a modern game with a unique art style, it looks like a game from the 00s, and runs like one to.

Aw, that's a shame. I finished it on the PC when it was released, and I was considering a re-purchase on the next sale. If it's not performing great, I'll just leave the memories alone then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

God damn you, Monsterhunter! I forgot about the 36 hours of mushroom hunting I'd have to do before you let me punch a monster in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Picked up Shovel Knight Treasure Trove in the recent sale. Had never played Shovel Knight before but finding it plenty of fun so far.

My platforming skills have definitely declined over the years though as I am finding it tough going already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Banjo wrote: »
    God damn you, Monsterhunter! I forgot about the 36 hours of mushroom hunting I'd have to do before you let me punch a monster in the face.

Just picked this up yesterday but haven't tried it yet. Got it based on how much I'm digging MHW at the moment. I did read something about mind numbing fetch quests in the first few hours but still eager to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

skerry wrote: »
    Just picked this up yesterday but haven't tried it yet. Got it based on how much I'm digging MHW at the moment. I did read something about mind numbing fetch quests in the first few hours but still eager to try it out.

Going backwards from MHW, I expect you're going to be very frustrated with the area structure and pace, but the larger monster roster should be an improvement.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Going backwards from MHW, I expect you're going to be very frustrated with the area structure and pace, but the larger monster roster should be an improvement.

I downloaded the demo and gave it a go over the weekend before I picked it up so have a reasonable idea what to expect. Loading between map sections was a bit jarring but its only a few seconds. Figured I have no real grindy game for the Switch and with the huge roster of monsters it would be something to dip in and out of for a good while. Handheld MH could be dangerous though if I get into it :)

It's really useful that it's hand-held when you do that first 2-star mission to fight the hammer-head sharkosaur who's slightly smaller but faster and stealthier than the Gendromes and Great Macaos you've been taking down. And you beat it really quickly and think "That wasn't so bad", but then you hear the roar that tells you that thing was just the Genprey/regular Macao version of what you're looking for and you turn around.... Because you can be sitting on the toilet when it happens.

It's really useful that it's hand-held when you do that first 2-star mission to fight the hammer-head sharkosaur who's slightly smaller but faster and stealthier than the Gendromes and Great Macaos you've been taking down. And you beat it really quickly and think "That wasn't so bad", but then you hear the roar that tells you that thing was just the Genprey/regular Macao version of what you're looking for and you turn around.... Because you can be sitting on the toilet when it happens.

Fairly new to the franchise so, for all I know, you could be making all those names up :D

I was tempted to dip into it last night but I'm on the final few monsters in the main quests of MHW and think things will just get too confusing for a MH noob like myself with 2 games on the go.

That's the perfect time to start. If you kick the game off now, you should be finished with the foraging quests by April 2020, at which point you'll have G-Ranked in MHW and moved on long since.

Don't get me wrong, I love Monster Hunter, I just hate myself for only knowing 3 or 4 of the early monsters well enough to fight reliably (G Jaggi and variants, Lagombi, that big evil frog guy - tetsucabra? - and the bird with flint-n-tinder wings) and in MHG:U I'm not facing any of them and getting my arse kicked constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Resi4 or ac3. Which is the better game for switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

eggy81 wrote: »
    Resi4 or ac3. Which is the better game for switch.

Something else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gone back to Tales of Vesperia after 2 weeks of Zelda am gonna try Skyrim tonight for the first time too can't hack much more of Zelda at the moment it's brutally hard.

If you can't hack Breath of the Wild you are going to hate the new Animal Crossing's hardcore survivalist direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

nix wrote: »
    Something else :pac:

Are they both ****e. Not played resi4 since ps2

eggy81 wrote: »
    Are they both ****e. Not played resi4 since ps2

I was never a fan of it so im prob the wrong person to ask, but i did try playing it again recently on PC and it hasnt aged well and i now hate it even more :pac:

The Wii is probably the best way to play Resi 4. Better controls, and had the added material that the Ps2 version got, but without the poor Ps2 visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you can't hack Breath of the Wild you are going to hate the new Animal Crossing's hardcore survivalist direction

Thanks much

So i started on Tales of Vesperia today, really enjoying it so far. I like to play certain games handheld and today was the first time i got the low battery warning. I played through the whole of Valkriya chronicles handheld without getting anywhere near a drained battery, prob because id take a break sometimes in between missions.

But eh, what do you guys use to combat the short battery life? did you buy a separate wire and just charge it while playing in hand? or are there any worthwhile battery extending accessories you would recommend/use?

So i started on Tales of Vesperia today, really enjoying it so far. I like to play certain games handheld and today was the first time i got the low battery warning. I played through the whole of Valkriya chronicles handheld without getting anywhere near a drained battery, prob because id take a break sometimes in between missions.

But eh, what do you guys use to combat the short battery life? did you buy a separate wire and just charge it while playing in hand? or are there any worthwhile battery extending accessories you would recommend/use?

A topic that's close to my heart as I'm in hospital at the moment and find myself bored off my head with my Switch at 10% battery and nothing to charge it with.

From what I understand any USB C charger will do (I might be corrected on that), but my phone charger is the older micro sub type. Was researching power banks last night and the one below seems to be well regarded. I think it's the same one as the Anker Switch branded one but it's much cheaper than what Littlewoods are charging for official one. Has power delivery PD so will charge it while it's playing too. I think some of the slower delivery ones won't have the power to charge and play.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-20100-mAh-Powerbank-Delivery-Black/dp/B071JWNQ8Y

Have Tales Of Vesperia arriving tomorrow myself and really looking forward to getting stuck into it now.

A topic that's close to my heart as I'm in hospital at the moment and find myself bored off my head with my Switch at 10% battery and nothing to charge it with.

From what I understand any USB C charger will do (I might be corrected on that), but my phone charger is the older micro sub type. Was researching power banks last night and the one below seems to be well regarded. I think it's the same one as the Anker Switch branded one but it's much cheaper than what Littlewoods are charging for official one. Has power delivery PD so will charge it while it's playing too. I think some of the slower delivery ones won't have the power to charge and play.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-20100-mAh-Powerbank-Delivery-Black/dp/B071JWNQ8Y

Have Tales Of Vesperia arriving tomorrow myself and really looking forward to getting stuck into it now.

Amazon won't deliver those to Ireland though (or the North) - you can chance AddressPal but if it's marked as a battery, they may not ship it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I use a veho pebble while travelling. Does the job.

chrislad wrote: »
    Amazon won't deliver those to Ireland though (or the North) - you can chance AddressPal but if it's marked as a battery, they may not ship it either.

I seen that alright. Was planning in using Address Pal but not so sure now. I'd imagine package would be lost and not sure how it would work with it getting returned to Amazon and explaining the while situation to them.

I seen that alright. Was planning in using Address Pal but not so sure now. I'd imagine package would be lost and not sure how it would work with it getting returned to Amazon and explaining the while situation to them.

I attempted to buy from mymemory.ie - who said they shipped to Ireland. It never arrived, they sent a replacement, that never arrived either. Ordered in Feb, got a refund in May. They were fine about it, but it could have been intercepted by An Post if marked as containing a battery. My local PO refused to post a phone for me, as it contained a battery.

chrislad wrote: »
    I attempted to buy from mymemory.ie - who said they shipped to Ireland. It never arrived, they sent a replacement, that never arrived either. Ordered in Feb, got a refund in May. They were fine about it, but it could have been intercepted by An Post if marked as containing a battery. My local PO refused to post a phone for me, as it contained a battery.

Balls. Might not chance it so. Littlewoods and Argos have the official Nintendo one but it's 90 quid. Will keep an eye out for a sale. Thanks for the info.

Also playing another bit of Hollow Knight at the moment and finding it hard to get back in to. Tried Golf Story last night and was enjoying it until my battery died. Nice chill little game.

As of tomorrow I intend to be playing the sh!t out of Tales of Vesperia.

Balls. Might not chance it so. Littlewoods and Argos have the official Nintendo one but it's 90 quid. Will keep an eye out for a sale. Thanks for the info.

If flying, or you know someone who is, they have decent offers in Heathrow when I was there last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

just to give some balance, ive gotten two power banks from my memory without issue.

Is something like this not powerful enough to keep it charged while you play?

• Advertisement

Is something like this not powerful enough to keep it charged while you play?

If you're sat near a plug, yes. If you've nothing to plug it into, then a suitable power bank is your best bet.

Advertisement