Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ow! Double Dash done and dusted!

Feels good.

What's next, I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't bother with Team Sonic it's glitches galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

There's a new mode in Rocket League for the next 60 days. It's good fun.
    Started Valkyria Chronicles the last day. Enjoying it so far.
    And only 5 days till Crash Team Racing. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Started playing Pokemon Ultra Sun on the bus in to work this morning. Going with Litten in the hope it turns into something disgustingly fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Getting back into Rocket League a bit. The 80s event is pretty cool, and the new mode is fun enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing a lot of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate this week and really enjoying it. Picked it up for 25 bob a few weeks back in Smyths.
    Seemed clunky at first coming from playing a fair amount of MHW last month but I think I'm actually enjoying this more. Lot more variety to the combat with the various styles and arts. Great game for handheld too but just a pity you can't pause mid hunt when playing solo.

Mario Kart Wii.

Clean slate, starting on 50cc. So boring.

And there's star ranking. I just played through the first grand prix - felt like about an hour and a half, was actually 10 mins or so - and ended up with 2 stars.

This could be a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cadence of Hyrule is phenomenal. I'm a huge fan of the music used in the Zelda series overall, and the dance/lounge remixes in CoH are amazing.

Listen to this remix of the Ocarina title music. Absolutely stunning. When the singing starts, you'll cry.

Or a medley of Hyrule Field (OOT), Tal Tal Heights (Links Awakening) and the sailing music in Windwaker.

Danny Baranowsky is a genius.

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles post-game after completing main campaign during the week. Definitely has its flaws but great game overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not Nintendo but formerly Nintendo ripoff inspired game
    http://www.infernoplus.com/royale/#

Basically a Mario Battle Royale

• Advertisement

Right. Gold in all 50 & 100cc on Mario Kart Wii.

After Double Dash and MK8, it's really the least fun ever.

Productive day. Caught on on a bit of a TV backlog, and rolled credits on Cadence of Hyrule (all hearts except one - couldn't figure out the archery minigame, and didn't unlock the secret character), Gato Roboto (100% completion) and Timespinners (bad ending).

I've started a second run for Cadence, and I'm working on getting the good ending for Timespinners now.

Loved all 3 games.

I also tried Crypt of the Necrodancer again (with my new skills), and it still kicked my ass. Only got to level 2 in both attempts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Currently playing CTR Nitro Fueled on Switch and loving it. Having played it as a child, the remake is absolutely amazing.

Mr E wrote: »
    ... and I'm working on getting the good ending for Timespinners now.

Got it, and 98% map completion. Good enough. :o

Nearly done with Cadence, three dungeons down, and I'm on the last (apparent) boss in Timespinners. I'll probably finish those off this evening or tomorrow if I get a spare couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Cadence of Hyrule is phenomenal. I'm a huge fan of the music used in the Zelda series overall, and the dance/lounge remixes in CoH are amazing.

Listen to this remix of the Ocarina title music. Absolutely stunning. When the singing starts, you'll cry.

Or a medley of Hyrule Field (OOT), Tal Tal Heights (Links Awakening) and the sailing music in Windwaker.

Danny Baranowsky is a genius.

Here you go

Has anyone got anything nice to say about Mario Kart Wii?

Just to pick me up. It's just an annoying slog, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Picked up Cadence of Hyrule based on reading it. It's pretty wonderful so far. Is it worth picking up Dane of the Necromancer too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Picked up timespinner for €8 in SA.

Enjoyable enough Metroidvania, storyline is interesting too, piecing it together from memories and letters

Yeah it's great. I was over half way through the game before I realised you can power up the jewellery. Watch out for that...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Has anyone got anything nice to say about Mario Kart Wii?

Just to pick me up. It's just an annoying slog, as far as I can see.

It's one of the weaker Mario karts with uniniteresting courses due to how wide they are and much more simplified drifting mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Got Crypt of the Necrodancer as a prep for Cadence of Hyrule. I cannot believe how incredibly s**te I am at this game!!! Hooked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Way into Mario Maker already. First in the series I've played and I'm loving the inventiveness and creativity.

Still making my way through Final Fantasy 9 too. Probably more than halfway through it and it's still a really good game, although some of the writing/translation hasn't aged too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Playing a lot of Horizon Chase Turbo the last few days. Great throwback to Top Gear/Out Run games from the early 90s.

Difficulty is pretty high too as it really punishes you if you hit into any other cars from behind or crash out.

Hadn't played Splatoon 2 in a while and figured as I was completely rusty I'd try the Octo Expansion campaign from the DLC I purchased ages ago (and didn't even look at) before jumping into online matches. Only a few levels in but very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

I got Starlink for €14 before coming on holidays. Playing bits and pieces of it. Well worth the price I paid. Feels a little like No Mans Sky, but with more shooting, less grinding and a bit of a story.

Enjoying the new Castlevania Bloodstained game, but jeez there are some bugs on Switch.
    There are times where HD rumble kicks in and doesn't stop. I need to go into the menus for a few seconds then back out again for it to stop.

Edit: Ah- I think it's related to low health. That's annoying. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Enjoying the new Castlevania Bloodstained game, but jeez there are some bugs on Switch.
    There are times where HD rumble kicks in and doesn't stop. I need to go into the menus for a few seconds then back out again for it to stop.

Edit: Ah- I think it's related to low health. That's annoying. :o

Yeah, they're patching that one. It's really annoying. Made me turn vibration off entirely till they patch it.

nedd wrote: »
    I got Starlink for €14 before coming on holidays. Playing bits and pieces of it. Well worth the price I paid. Feels a little like No Mans Sky, but with more shooting, less grinding and a bit of a story.

It got a bit too grindy for me near the end. Got about 70% through it before dropping it. I may go back eventually, but it's a pretty decent game for the low price paid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dragon quest builders 2, enjoying it so far.

Advertisement