Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

BotW Champions Ballad DLC
    Bought it last night at about 11 and stayed up way too late getting the Gerudo challenge done as my first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CastorTroy wrote: »
    BotW Champions Ballad DLC
    Bought it last night at about 11 and stayed up way too late getting the Gerudo challenge done as my first one.

I've not been able to do that one in Master Mode yet, so frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I picked up The Sims 3 today but it plays weirdly on my 3DS. Has anyone played it on the 3DS?
    It's as if chat bubbles and actions happen on the top screen but I can't see them cos the screen cuts it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone picked up ultimate alliance 3 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

I started Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice this morning on the train. So far so good. It looks great. And all the voices in your head are very well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm in the second last area of Bloodstained.

Pay day tomorrow - curious to see reviews for Fire Emblem!

The review embargo lifts at 3pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »

Don't know how many areas I've to go, (don't really want to know tbh!) but I've just finished the Inferno Caves, and looking forward to exploring some areas I hadn't been able to before now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »

Loads of copies in the wild already. Few people posting opinions on the Nintendo Switch and Fire Emblem sub Reddits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Anyone picked up ultimate alliance 3 yet?

Yeah, I'm a decent way into the game now. Really enjoying it, although being a big Marvel fan for close to 20 years possibly get more from it than someone with little to no interest. It is essentially a fairly basic brawler really, and very similar to the previous 2 games if you've played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a decent way into the game now. Really enjoying it, although being a big Marvel fan for close to 20 years possibly get more from it than someone with little to no interest. It is essentially a fairly basic brawler really, and very similar to the previous 2 games if you've played them.

Abroad since it came out so looking forward to it when I get back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Deano7788 wrote: »

I picked it up yesterday and put about two hours into it. I'm starting to find it a bit boring; I've yet to die and I'm destroying everything I come across. There doesn't seem to be much variety to it. Does it change up as you go along, even by learning new moves to spice up the gameplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Finally got gold in every single thing on Mario Kart Wii.

That's MK8, Wii & Double Dash done and dusted.

Now, MK64 on the old WiiU.

As before, any tips welcome!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just starting Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Probably not the best time to start such a game but waited all day and night so I'm doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Yakult wrote: »
    Just starting Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Probably not the best time to start such a game but waited all day and night so I'm doing it!

Any first impressions, getting my copy delivered Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Started on Torna expansion for Xenoblade 2 last night. Liking the tweaks to the battle system. Graphics have got a noticeable improvement over base game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Finally got gold in every single thing on Mario Kart Wii.

That's MK8, Wii & Double Dash done and dusted.

Now, MK64 on the old WiiU.

As before, any tips welcome!

You going for a purist run or gonna take advantage of the 9,000,000 (conservative estimate) shortcuts and glitches in MK64?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I finished the standard levels in Ape Out and have now unlocked the Break In level. Addictive doesn't begin to describe it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

skerry wrote: »
    Any first impressions, getting my copy delivered Monday?

I'm enjoying it so far (About 2 hours in). I really can't fault the game yet. Visuals are gorgeous with great accompanying music. Looking forward to getting more hours in!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    You going for a purist run or gonna take advantage of the 9,000,000 (conservative estimate) shortcuts and glitches in MK64?

I'll tell you what's gonna happen. I'm taking a break from Mario Kart. Played 2 grand prixs and thought I need a break from this.

But I am gonna stick with the old WiiU, since it's set up now.

Question for yis. Is Hyrule Warriors worth playing on this, or am I better to try the Switch one? I suppose that has some BOTW stuff in it, which I'll want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Stuck on Stick of Truth can't do Randy's stupid fart getting Fire Emblem tomorrow so gonna move on to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Crash Team Racing online is crazy tough. Best finish has been 4th. Closest ive finished to the winner is about 20 seconds. Ive been in numerous races where no other driver has had enough time to complete the race coz the winner was so far ahead. Guess i need to get good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Played through about an hour of Ultimate Alliance 3 tonight. It's good fun. Button bashy but fun. The cut scenes look great and voice acting so far is on the money.
    Played in handheld and didn't notice and frame rate issues. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Splatoon 2 Octo expansion. I'm really out of practice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Question for yis. Is Hyrule Warriors worth playing on this, or am I better to try the Switch one? I suppose that has some BOTW stuff in it, which I'll want to see.

There's a feck load of DLC which is all included in the Switch version.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Doom 3 - sooooo much better than the recent version.

And a steal at a tenner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Xofpod wrote: »
    Doom 3 - sooooo much better than the recent version.

Oh, I don't know about that.
    The movement and flow of the new one is hard to beat.
    And a steal at a tenner.
    But this is absolutely the case

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After watching some YouTube videos of it this morning, I picked up Forager earlier today. €20 in most places but just over €16 in South Africa.

It's a crafting game with a huge upgrade tree, lots of systems, building, farming, and some nice mindless grinding (but with constant progression - everything you do gives you experience and helps you level up). It also has 4 dungeons (Zelda style). There is a roadmap (accessible in game) that shows the devs' plans for lots of free upcoming content, including multiplayer. Check out the launch trailer...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Ff12 remastered.

Picked up there last week for i think 25 euros.

My god this game has aged like a fine wine. You will never think its 12 years old.

Gameplay is amazing and you can see what square where building on with there battles. Story is great and it looks great for a 12 year old game.

Hands down the switch is probably the best console to come out in the last few years the line up of games are amazing for it.

I think I have about 50 hard copy games for the switch and about 6 downloaded games on it.

I have a one X the thing barely gets touched compared to my switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ff12 remastered.

Picked up there last week for i think 25 euros.

My god this game has aged like a fine wine. You will never think its 12 years old.

Gameplay is amazing and you can see what square where building on with there battles. Story is great and it looks great for a 12 year old game.

Hands down the switch is probably the best console to come out in the last few years the line up of games are amazing for it.

I think I have about 50 hard copy games for the switch and about 6 downloaded games on it.

I have a one X the thing barely gets touched compared to my switch.

Where'd you get it for €25? I've never played a FF game so might grab this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Where'd you get it for €25? I've never played a FF game so might grab this.

It dropped price last week for a day on amazon. I also get a discount on amazon.

If you have never played a ff would you be a big jrpg fan?. As there is a huge learning curve in the older ff. The newer ones you can pick up ans play

Advertisement