Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've played thousands of games over four decades and Link to the Past is my favourite game of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I'm still playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. It's the game that keeps on giving.

Still on my first play through but I have over 55 hours into it so far.

I'll need to switch to another game before coming back to this one for another playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I restarted Fire Emblem 3 times now, twice with the red one with the blue not gonna bother with the yellow until I finish the reds story. Some of the character development and story reveals are scary haven't enjoyed twists in a game this good since Persona 4 Golden.

I was playing Sayonara Wild Hearts in bed last night (recommended - a dark room and headphones) and I had to pry myself away from it to go to sleep. What a gorgeous and trippy game. It's basically an interactive pop album and I can't wait to finish it tonight (and play it again and again over the next few weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still playing Fire Emblem. On the Golden Deer run now after my first play through with the Black Eagles.

I'm tipping 60 hours played and want to get it finished up in time for Dragon Quest - think I'll watched the Blue Lions on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Still playing Fire Emblem. On the Golden Deer run now after my first play through with the Black Eagles.

I'm tipping 60 hours played and want to get it finished up in time for Dragon Quest - think I'll watched the Blue Lions on YouTube.

I clocked 80 hours for my Blue Lions play through, did you fly through cutscenes or something? Found Blue Lions story very good. Can't remember sticking with a game that long without taking a break and playing something else in between.

Not sure whether to move on to Astral Chain or Links Awakening next now. Have been playing Mario Rabbids in between, forgot how good it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

skerry wrote: »
    I clocked 80 hours for my Blue Lions play through, did you fly through cutscenes or something? Found Blue Lions story very good. Can't remember sticking with a game that long without taking a break and playing something else in between.

I don't think so. I maybe didn't do too many battles outside of the monthly missions but that's it really, and I had no problems with be appropriately leveled by the end. Clocked the Black Eagle run-through at just over 40 hours and I don't feel like I missed anything TBH.

I don't think so. I maybe didn't do too many battles outside of the monthly missions but that's it really, and I had no problems with be appropriately leveled by the end. Clocked the Black Eagle run-through at just over 40 hours and I don't feel like I missed anything TBH.

I went a bit mad on the optional battles alright cos I was afraid I'd be underleveled as I didn't really have my head around levelling until I was about 15hrs in.

Played an hour of Links Awakening there on hand-held. Gorgeous little game, never played the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone played the Goose Game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Someone ask for Groose?
    1UCgKIH.png

Playing Link's Awakening but plan on that next

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone played the Goose Game?

Not yet Showed my kids the trailer on Saturday.
    Theyre still laughing about it.
    Would be delighted to hear it plays well

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems to be doing well in the eshop charts.
    Not sure if the appeal is being a goose, being an a$$hole or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Played it on PC, and it's a great little game.
    The sheer joy to be found in the mischief you can cause is brilliant.
    First time in a long time that my wife saw me playing something and was instantly intrigued, and wanted to play it herself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Think I'll grab this game.
    Looks great and everyone can enjoy it.
    The devs should be rewarded for this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    First time in a long time that my wife saw me playing something and was instantly intrigued, and wanted to play it herself!

:pac:

Fjc54zM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not exactly Nintendo related but Mario kart tour coming out for phone/iPad tomorrow. Will it be any use?

Ori at 60 FPS is friggin' gorgeous. Easily one of the best looking games on Switch.

That intro still gives me the feels. :)

I played some of the Dragon Quest 11 demo over the weekend. By the time the intro credits ran (after about 90 minutes?), I was sold on the game. I'll definitely be picking it up.

I can't believe there are another 7 or 8 hours left in this demo...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing Dragon Quest 11 and loving it. The graphics are downgraded over the PC release but it's not too big a deal. The only very jarring thing is that it runs at 30 FPS and but without motion blur so quick camera movements are juddery and awful. Playing in handheld mode is actually a much better experience as a result.

Also playing DQ1. The high res sprites on top of the SNES remake backgrounds are ugly and very jarring but it's still a great game. However it runs at 20 FPS as it's a mobile port so scrolling is a bit horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finishing off Darksiders again. I wanted to play Darksiders 2, as I've never played past the opening area, so said I'd replay this one that I picked up in Japan eShop when it was cheap a while back. Nearly at the end of that.

I'm also dipping into Ori and the Blind Forest, and that will probably be my mainstay until Darksiders 2. Just about to go into the second "dungeon" area, and it's a lot of fun/frustration so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I picked up Wandersong and Untitled Goose Game in the eShop sale. Only managed to get 10 mins in Goose Game but they already confirmed that buying it was a good choice - it's a very silly, mischievous game and I expect I'll enjoy it an awful lot.

The question is, do I juggle this and Mario Odyssey or just finish Goose Game and then go back to Odyssey...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fysh wrote: »
    I picked up Wandersong and Untitled Goose Game in the eShop sale. Only managed to get 10 mins in Goose Game but they already confirmed that buying it was a good choice - it's a very silly, mischievous game and I expect I'll enjoy it an awful lot.

The question is, do I juggle this and Mario Odyssey or just finish Goose Game and then go back to Odyssey...

Goose game is only a couple of hours long apparently so may aswell stick with it! Grabbed it in the sale myself, looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Finished Skyrim a week ago, first time doing all the dlc. I actually preferred it on console because while modding is great the instability it brings is horrible.

Just finished links Awakening , started the original in 97/98 and always got up to the egg. Completed the whole thing tonight, and I'm so glad I purchased it.

I am thinking my next game is going to be dragon quest 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Dragon quest 11 has the most annoying english in it, "go on .. tough little blighters arent they"

turned it off after 10 mins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love the English accents in it! Horses for courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

You can switch to japanese audio an english subs if ya want in the settings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I love the English accents in it! Horses for courses.

Same here, thought they were great actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought it the other day in Argos but putting it away for Cidonalad for Christmas, he has too many games right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I finally bowed to the intense pressure. Long live our white and hissing/honking overlords.

Advertisement