Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

Completed Links Awakening remake, brilliant game but sad too :(

On to the Wii / Wii U digital version of Metroid Prime Trilogy, should keep me busy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    A proper arcade stick and a rotated display is the only way to play them tbh. ;)

An arcade machine with a vertical monitor is the only way to play them tbh ;)

Still bashing through Blasphemous at the moment. On about 80% complete now. I both love and hate it in equal amounts.

Also started Valkyria Chronicles over the weekend, liking what I see so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't get the battle music from DQ11 out of my head. That's what I get for playing for half an hour in bed this morning.
    It's a great tune, in fairness. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    I can't get the battle music from DQ11 out of my head. That's what I get for playing for half an hour in bed this morning.
    It's a great tune, in fairness. :o

Agreed. 30hrs in and not much about the game annoys me - other than one quest I did in
    Tickington
    which went on for far too long! That old school 2D look, random battle ****e and fighting the exact same monsters over and over was a bit grating. :pac:

Great game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

After playing the demo some more I've decided I'll be going for Dragon Quest over The Witcher (for now at least, will pick up the Witcher at some point).

The demo is really incredible. Had I played for an hour, I might not have been sold, but after five hours I'm pretty invested in the world and story, plus its a lot of fun to play. Still haven't finished the demo, but very glad I can use my save file on the full version when I'm done.

Finished Sayonara Wild Hearts - great game, very short but lots of replayability since its basically an interactive music video. If you like the music, you'll enjoy the game.

Started Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube too, never played it before. Controls take some getting used to, but it's fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

bought the "remaster" of Ghostbusters which I never finished back in 2009. A movie tie-in done right if ever there was one. Translates really well to the switch. really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finished Darksiders 2 last night. It was fine, but not as good as the first. The DLC is apparently fairly boring, and adds nothing to the story, so I'm not going to bother with that, and reclaim the 15 gigs on my sd card. My copy of The Witcher arrived in GameStop today, so I'll likely start that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Picked up The Witcher 3 today but haven't had the chance to dive into it yet. Love the bits and pieces that come with it though, the map, the stickers and the message from the developers. Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

On a spur of moment Impulse I went down and got withcher at lunch. Played 2.5 hours last night in handheld.

No complaints so far, maybe I'll actually get to finish it this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I gave it a quick go last night. It's actually very impressive initially. I've just gotten to the tavern in the first town, but I've had no slowdown, graphics look fine, as I have the same feeling as if I were playing the PC version. Granted, it's very early, and my mind may change, but initial impressions are positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I've had a couple of dropped frames playing it handheld...can't really complain about that though. I haven't tried docked mode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

And Witcher 3 is still not available to buy from eShop...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just collected my Witcher 3 woah it looks good gonna get stuck in over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Has anyone played Overwatch yet?

I play almost exclusively in handheld mode and the reviews seem mixed so far, with some saying docked provides the better experience and others saying handheld is the best way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

voldejoie wrote: »
    Has anyone played Overwatch yet?

I play almost exclusively in handheld mode and the reviews seem mixed so far, with some saying docked provides the better experience and others saying handheld is the best way to go!

I have it and own it on Xbox and PC. PC is obviously the best way to play the game but it runs perfectly fine on Switch. I've only played it handled.

A lot of people are complaining that it only runs at 30 fps but it's no issue seeing as everyone is limited to the same fps. The gyro aim is nice as well, even if I can't get used to it

I'd say a lot of the hate towards the game is because of Blizzards actions last week but they have no impact on the game itself.

You can get it for around £20 on CDKeys so cheap as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

How is the Witcher 3 compared to BOTW? I really don't have time for this now, but maybe sometime in the future.

Seems like the developers have delivered a fantastic package that runs great on switch and all content on a single cartridge. Hope they make a great return on this investment.

Finally got around to playing Witcher tonight. It's just like i remembered. Can't wait to get fully into it.
    Graphics seem pretty sharp but did notice some frame rate issues in some of the cut scenes. Thought it would be gameplay where frame rate would struggle.
    Other than that im delighted with how it looks and feels.

Played a good 2 hours on the big screen tonight. Im very impressed with how it looks. This might be an inferior looking version but it still looks amazing. Delighted with it. This has the potential to overtake Breath of the Wild as my favourite game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finished Link's Awakening on the Switcheroo and had a hankering for more Zelda so dug out the 3DS XL and got stuck back into A link between worlds.
    I had only gotten the master sword so plenty to do and see - have just done my third sage. If anything it's a better game than Awakening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sweetie wrote: »
    Finished Link's Awakening on the Switcheroo and had a hankering for more Zelda so dug out the 3DS XL and got stuck back into A link between worlds.
    I had only gotten the master sword so plenty to do and see - have just done my third sage. If anything it's a better game than Awakening.

Yep, plan to do the same. And agree, it's way better. Plus way cheaper as a Nintendo select.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sweetie wrote: »

Its significantly better than Link's Awakening imo & even tho Nintendo made it - A Link Between Worlds is one of the most underrated games of the last 10 years.
    I had to push myself to finish Links Awakening on Switch. I enjoyed the GBC one on the 3DS as I think I was more forgiving of it being a 26 year old game whereas on Switch it feels its age when compared to looking the way it does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

conormario wrote: »
    How is the Witcher 3 compared to BOTW? I really don't have time for this now, but maybe sometime in the future.

Seems like the developers have delivered a fantastic package that runs great on switch and all content on a single cartridge. Hope they make a great return on this investment.

I think they are quite different.
    I would imagine that they do, in fact, complement each other, with the triumvirate of these kinds of games completed with the excellent version of Skyrim on the Switch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

After Link's awakening I went back through my collection and finished up a few Zelda games, currently on Ocarina and have done all the temples except the boss with the hands, bongo bongo. Can never quite seem to get the hang of the bow in quick combat situations. What a superb game though, had lost the cart about halfway through a few years ago but ended up buying it again to finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Blazed a path through Final Fantasy 8 over the past week or so primarily to enjoy it and rekindle fond memories but also to clear a path to Luigis Mansion that I am only now getting to. I'm going to take my time with it though, Pokemon can hold on until I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Decided to finally finish Final fantasy 12 before moving on to either Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem. Temped by Witcher 3 as well though... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Parked Dragon Quest XI at a logical break (just finished the
    Ruins of Dundrasil and found out who Rab and Jade are
    ).
    I'm a few hours into Luigi's Mansion (taking my time, hoovering every coin and note). 3 or 4 floors done I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Am currently dividing my playing time at the moment between Links Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Free house today. Put in a good 4 hours on the Witcher 3. Getting the hang of the systems slowly but surely. There's a lot to learn but it's great fun and looks great too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Played a good bit of Sturmwind DX, great fun.
    Glad I didn't spend a fortune on the Dreamcast version!
    I've gotten a lot of arcade shooters, must break out the arcade stick tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Finished - Luigi's Mansion on GameCube. Great little game. Controls took a bit of getting used to, but once it clicked I had a great time with this. This weekend I was deciding between Luigi's Mansion 3 and Death Stranding, and I chose Death Stranding. Regretting it now to be honest. Put a few hours into Death Stranding, and was actually playing for maybe 30-40% of that time, and watching cutscenes for the rest. I have no doubt that it is a rewarding experience over time, but if its not fun for the first ten hours, then I'm out. This was basically the last game I was looking forward to on PS4, which has ultimately been a disappointing console overall for me.

Working through
    - Ori & The Blind Forest. Enjoying it, but its more difficult than expected! Struggled with the escape section when the water level was rising, but got it eventually. Will definitely see this one to the end.

- Dragon Quest 11. Will be playing this for a looong time I think, but its so much fun and fairly effortless. The ind of game you can put on a podcast in the background and just ease through. Only fifteen hours in, so maybe it gets more difficult later!

Advertisement