Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pasta-solo wrote: »
    - Ori & The Blind Forest. Enjoying it, but its more difficult than expected! Struggled with the escape section when the water level was rising, but got it eventually. Will definitely see this one to the end.

That's a pretty difficult area all right. The music ramping up as the water gains on you really adds to the sense of danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just grabbed the Hotline Miami collection. Last day at half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gonna start Dragon Quest later as I can't stop restarting three houses game is just too addictive and soul crushingly triggering my OCD am looking forward to Pokémon on Friday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Any played the stretchers yet? Might get it as a multiplayer with the gf

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

20 years too late but I finally finished ff7 on the weekend!

Promised myself to clear more of my backlog before I buy anything new, so got Inside, Pode, Golf Story and Untitled Goose Game to keep me busy for the next while.

I wish that that was half my backlog but it isn't, but at least it's a start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

plibige wrote: »
    20 years too late but I finally finished ff7 on the weekend!

Promised myself to clear more of my backlog before I buy anything new, so got Inside, Pode, Golf Story and Untitled Goose Game to keep me busy for the next while.

I wish that that was half my backlog but it isn't, but at least it's a start!

Did the play through take long? I've been inching my way through it bit by bit for the last 6 months. Only pick it up every now and then and find it hard to get back into. Think I'm only approaching the end of what was disc 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

skerry wrote: »
    Did the play through take long? I've been inching my way through it bit by bit for the last 6 months. Only pick it up every now and then and find it hard to get back into. Think I'm only approaching the end of what was disc 1.

Think it took me just over the 28 hours mark. I did refer to online guides towards the end just to know where to go.

I'd say you are just approaching the part where it gets interesting story wise so if you can force yourself through the next few hours you'd probably want to finish it easy enough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's way shorter than you think. The back of the box says 150 hours but it's more like 35 if you don't do the (pointless) end game optional bosses. the 35 hours will also fly by. The game has issues but it definitely doesn't have issues with pace, it's a bit of a rollercoaster.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's way shorter than you think. The back of the box says 150 hours but it's more like 35 if you don't do the (pointless) end game optional bosses. the 35 hours will also fly by. The game has issues but it definitely doesn't have issues with pace, it's a bit of a rollercoaster.

Think I just need to commit to it. Have definitely had to consult guides when I play it, find it very hard sometimes to know where to go with the blurry backgrounds. As for the over world map, I genuinely dread having to go on to it, not sure how intuitive it was on release or how it played but its very hard to control and to find out where you should be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Think I just need to commit to it. Have definitely had to consult guides when I play it, find it very hard sometimes to know where to go with the blurry backgrounds. As for the over world map, I genuinely dread having to go on to it, not sure how intuitive it was on release or how it played but its very hard to control and to find out where you should be going.

If you press options (i think), it should bring up little arrows showing where all the doors on the screen are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game is extremely linear and also very easy despite one or two difficulty spikes.

The background thing is an issue but there is a button to press which highlights exits and interactive elements in the background. I'd recommend playing with that on.

There's one dumb moment when you need to go to a place on the map that you aren't told to go to and isn't highlighted on the map but other than that it's plain sailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Mario Maker 2 story mode. Really enjoying the levels. They are so well designed and not what you expect. Seem fresh. Love the mix of old and new Mario versions and tunes. Really like the 3d world Mario levels in 2d. Go cat mario. Plus the brilliant music from that game. Love the new Koji Kondo music. Then there are the user created levels. And gusty garden galaxy music never ever gets old. Really this game is spectacular value.

Also getting near the end of the Yoshi's Island. It's getting repetitive for me. But still good. I don't think I'm a fan of the flutter jump. Seems like hard work compared to Mario's moves. Plus the baby crying gets on my nerves ...too realistic :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fire emblem 3 houses, great game.

Fire emblem 3 houses, great game.

What house did you go with by the way? I went Blue Lions and thought it was a pretty good story

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I see the collectors edition is down to €50 in GameStop. Is this like the other fire emblem game on Switch because I didn't really enjoy that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What house did you go with by the way? I went Blue Lions and thought it was a pretty good story

I went with Black Eagles, Black Eagles rule all, Edelgard ❤️.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I see the collectors edition is down to €50 in GameStop. Is this like the other fire emblem game on Switch because I didn't really enjoy that.

No, Three houses is a turn based strategy/tactics game (like all the other highly rated ones on the 3DS) and warriors is a hack in slash beat em up, from what i can tell from googling anyway.

I'm gonna get three houses some day and give it a whirl myself, but ive just got so much to play as it is already. So if yer stuck for something to play and wanna try something new, id say give it a whirl my dood! I get the impression it will be alota learning but worth the pay off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Finished Ori & The Blind Forest this weekend. Great game! The last platforming escape section was so difficult, controller nearly went out the window a few times. Would definitely recommend this to any metroidvania fans.

Still working through Dragon Quest and on the lookout for the next game, probably Luigi's Mansion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Killer Queen Black is my pick and play when I have some down time ATM. Very simple to play tricky to master. I played the original arcade box in the US a few years back and it made a solid impression on me so I just bought this straight away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Find myself parking articulated trucks in Mudrunner, it really has no business being as compelling as it is, though I'm not sure it is actually fun!

• Advertisement

Mario maker 2. The physics are so different in each of the Mario game types. All are great. Love the full 1080p for the older games.

Mario kart 8, 200 cc, no items, plus select your own tracks is wonderful.

After mount wario I really need a full on Nintendo skiing / snowboarding game ...

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Link's Awakening. Hadn't played the original and wasn't all that impressed at the start, particularly given the love some seasoned Zelda players have for it. Now at the third dungeon and really enjoying it. Devious little b*stard though.

Xofpod wrote: »
    Link's Awakening. Hadn't played the original and wasn't all that impressed at the start, particularly given the love some seasoned Zelda players have for it. Now at the third dungeon and really enjoying it. Devious little b*stard though.

Isn't this supposed to be an "easy" Zelda game. Stuck on a later level with the pillars ... Haven't gone back ... And don't want to cheat on it :(
    Need to push through the pain! Then do the same for wind waker and twlight princess ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pre internet it took the chance of one of your friends or siblings figuring out the #*&@ order of some puzzles to finish the earliest dungeons, no this was not the easy Zelda game no indeed not.

I completed Ocarina of time main game with zero outside help.
    The game was really that good.
    Once you get going in it, you don't look back,
    I don't even remember the water temple being that hard.

BOTW - completed main game twice and then some. The best of the best!

Skyward sword - eventually completed main game. Was a struggle near the end.

ALBW, WW, TP, LA: to finish - think ALBW is my favourite of that lot. I want to go back to that game. Wish it was on switch.

TODO: the remaining Zelda games ... and probably just ALTTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said before but I unintentionally made the water temple harder for myself when I replayed OoT when the 3ds version came out. I did it without the blue tunic. I forgot where I got it so figured would pick it up in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

caved in and brought divinity orginal sin 2 lovin it, perfect for just exploring and and chilling. well written too with lots of dialog options

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

caved in and brought divinity orginal sin 2 lovin it, perfect for just exploring and and chilling. well written too with lots of dialog options

Does it play like DIable 3? I have a lot of RPGs to get through right now but been keeping an eye on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

fixXxer wrote: »
    Does it play like DIable 3? I have a lot of RPGs to get through right now but been keeping an eye on that.

No, Divinity is a turn based rpg, nothing like Diablo gameplay wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

fixXxer wrote: »

Think turn based diablo.

Advertisement