Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You get diamonds that can be sold for cash but since you earn more than enough cash else where it's not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Bought Burgertime Party for the Switch. Great way to pass the time, with multiple modes available, including a versus mode where you can select the food characters also.

Recommended if you can get it at a decent price, and there's a demo on the Japanese E-shop also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Finished Links Awakening there. Lovely little game, hadn't played the original. Not too challenging apart from that Eagle dungeon which nearly killed me. I'm guessing no real replayability so probably trade it in now.

One off the backlog anyway, good start to the year. Gonna pick up Grandia HD collection so replacing that one game with two uncompleted games, so its now backlog +1, oh well.

Keeping the Zelda-thon going, just started into Ocarina of Time on the 2DS. I've never played it as I didn't own a N64 when it released. Pretty sure I have it as a bonus disc with Windwaker on the Gamecube but never got around to playing it. Just finished the Deku Tree and out into the big bad world now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

skerry wrote: »
    Keeping the Zelda-thon going, just started into Ocarina of Time on the 2DS. I've never played it as I didn't own a N64 when it released. Pretty sure I have it as a bonus disc with Windwaker on the Gamecube but never got around to playing it. Just finished the Deku Tree and out into the big bad world now :)

Hey! Listen!

• Advertisement

nintendoo wrote: »
    Hey! Listen!

Its only been said around 300 times already and I've only just entered Hyrule Field, cant see that getting irritating by the end of the game at all :)

Its only been said around 300 times already and I've only just entered Hyrule Field, cant see that getting irritating by the end of the game at all :)

Navi never really bothered me and was a good companion throughout the game especially when the polygonal **** is hitting the polygonal fan. I'm sure you are getting loads of prompts now because you're just starting the game and he's got to give you the hyrule induction course. Should be less after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oh to be playing Ocarina for the first time. You lucky lucky duck.

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh to be playing Ocarina for the first time. You lucky lucky duck.

My first Ninty console was the Gamecube so I've most of the Zelda games from that point on completed. Picked up a 2DS recently and couldn't resist when I seen the Ocarina remaster. Played it last night with headphones on and I think it's going to have to be saved for those kind of sessions, soundtrack is epic. Still have Links Between Worlds and Majoras Mask to tick off the list too.

My first Ninty console was the Gamecube so I've most of the Zelda games from that point on completed. Picked up a 2DS recently and couldn't resist when I seen the Ocarina remaster. Played it last night with headphones on and I think it's going to have to be saved for those kind of sessions, soundtrack is epic. Still have Links Between Worlds and Majoras Mask to tick off the list too.

Don't look too far ahead you haven't got past the Water Temple in Ocarina yet!

• Advertisement

Gerudo Valley tune will blow your mind !

I've been playing Ocarina (again) over XMas but with the cheats on. Good fun. If you can levitate and have all items on you can complete the game in about two hours. Basically every temple is immediately open to you and F4 fast forwards the emulator to skip past the cut scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I started playing it a few months back for the first time ever but I don't get enough free time to sit at TV to play these days, despite having all my old consoles setup in a games room for exactly that purpose.
    If it came to Switch it would be an instant purchase.

Ori and the blind forest is fantastic.
    Think it's still on sale for the next couple of hours.

Ori.

I'm loving it!

There is a brilliant power up about a 1/3 into the game.
    It's really annoying until you figure it out.
    Suddenly you're using it in very creative ways and in a brilliantly designed sequence. Then you are a bad ass with it :)

Also, im not getting lost in the map which usually turns me off metroid type games. Map is very well designed, so far.

The platforming is superbly tuned too.

Plus you can easily create save states, plus infinite lives.

It's amazing what the devs achieved graphics and sound wise with Unity.

Really this is amazing stuff for such a low price.

Ori.

I'm loving it!

There is a brilliant power up about a 1/3 into the game.
    It's really annoying until you figure it out.
    Suddenly you're using it in very creative ways and in a brilliantly designed sequence. Then you are a bad ass with it :)

Also, im not getting lost in the map which usually turns me off metroid type games. Map is very well designed, so far.

The platforming is superbly tuned too.

Plus you can easily create save states, plus infinite lives.

It's amazing what the devs achieved graphics and sound wise with Unity.

Really this is amazing stuff for such a low price.

Such a good game, finished it on Xbox and tempted to get it on Switch. The escape sequences are fantastic, tough but fair. Controls are tight and the art style is amazing. Looking forward to the sequel, not sure how long that's gonna take to appear on Switch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Anyone considering getting Brain Training out today?
    Saw it's only €30.99 in Argos so think I'll give it a go. Used to love the one for DS and it was the first game I ever got with my DS so be a nice trip down memory lane too.
    Wonder if we'll see any other games incorporate the stylus too now that it's been created.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First reviews say that it's a bit light on content and variety, but what is there is decent.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dr-kawashimas-brain-training-for-nintendo-switch

More reviews should pop up today.

Ori 2/3 through. Brilliant. Great pacing in the game. Really well tuned. Mix of fast arcade action plus stealthy gameplay. Also some clever puzzles.

It's like a metroid version of Rayman Legends. Similar art style and infinite lives and instant restart too. Friendly save states make it crack cocaine.

Emotional story and wonderfully animated tiny hero.

I'm wondering what they could have achieved with a custom game engine a la Legends or Tropical Freeze. Maybe they will press that button in the sequel. Anyway, it's still great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    First reviews say that it's a bit light on content and variety, but what is there is decent.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dr-kawashimas-brain-training-for-nintendo-switch

More reviews should pop up today.

I got it and it's just like the original, and that's a problem.
    It's just the same stuff, or feels very much like a, dare I say it, a port.
    It doesn't feel fun like it did before.
    I understand that's possibly because I was in my early 30s when I played it then and in my late 40s now!

But, sadly, if I could get a refund I would.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got it and it's just like the original, and that's a problem.
    It's just the same stuff, or feels very much like a, dare I say it, a port.
    It doesn't feel fun like it did before.
    I understand that's possibly because I was in my early 30s when I played it then and in my late 40s now!

But, sadly, if I could get a refund I would.

Speaking of getting things physical Vs digital. Missed out on Mega Man 11 ( US physical import ) a couple of times recently at less than 20 quid on Amazon UK. It's now 52 quid stg. No way Jose.

Also, wondering ... Do you need to pay import fees on games like this sold on Amazon UK by USA shops ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bayonetta 2 on Wii U. Just finished Chapter 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Recently Finished:

The Touryst - Flashes of greatness and technical marvel marred by some infuriating, overly difficult platforming sections. The camera is not ideal for tricky jumps. Overall its worth a play. I spent almost as much time in the in-game arcade as I did in the actual game.

Minit - Loved this. Nice and short so it doesn't outstay its welcome. Great overall design and very fun to play. Recommended.

Still working through:

Dragon Quest XI - will probably be playing this for years given how long it is, but it's a great game to explore. I like it a lot more than I expected and the ten hour demo was a genius idea.

Alien Isolation - this game is hard! Still at the early stages but enjoying it so far. Playing handheld only for the next few weeks, so will probably wait til I get back to the TV to give this a serious go.

Next game to buy:

Torn between Bloodstained, which I really want to play but also I'm not sure if it's been patched yet, and Deadly Premonition, which I've always wanted to play but also kinda worried it'll be a slog.

Any recommendations?

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Any recommendations?

Anything left on your backlog ? :)

Anything left on your backlog ? :)

No, aside from Dragon Quest and Alien Isolation. Considering getting Bloodstained & Fire Emblem now, as I saw them preowned. Never played a Fire Emblem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

No, aside from Dragon Quest and Alien Isolation.

Holy crap, you are the envy of every gamer.

I'm counting 900 on my backlog :eek:

mrcheez wrote: »

I try to finish everything I like, or if I'm really not enjoying it I'm happy to jump ship and forget about it. There's also games I'm always playing like Tetris 99 and Mario Kart.

I try to finish everything I like, or if I'm really not enjoying it I'm happy to jump ship and forget about it. There's also games I'm always playing like Tetris 99 and Mario Kart.

Enlightenment :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mrcheez wrote: »

You were lucky...
    I used to dream of having only 900 in my backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Finished Links Awakening there. Lovely little game, hadn't played the original. Not too challenging apart from that Eagle dungeon which nearly killed me.

Just completed Link's Awakening now too! Started it just before New Years so it's perfect timing to finish before starting back to work in the morning.

Fantastic game though I do have mixed feelings about
    destroying the world as it was all a dream

Entering my character's name as "you c*nt" made for somewhat humorous dialog.

"Young lad... I mean, you c*nt, the hero! You have defeated the Nightmares!"

1 off the backlog... just 899 more games to go :rolleyes:

Advertisement