Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bar some really good offers or sales I need to stop buying switch games and play the ones I have recently bought Vampyr Blacksad and Mario Sonic Olympics I still haven't touched Skyrim Diablo 3 or Dark Souls and still haven't beaten any of the divine beasts.

It's really hard I tell ya... I've managed to somehow hold back on buying something for a month and concentrate on playing the backlog but I've come so SOOO close to clicking Buy.

It's an addiction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bar some really good offers or sales I need to stop buying switch games and play the ones I have recently bought Vampyr Blacksad and Mario Sonic Olympics I still haven't touched Skyrim Diablo 3 or Dark Souls and still haven't beaten any of the divine beasts.

Maybe Nintendo need to stop making great and unique IP's and also make sure the ports are ****ter.

Very hard to hold us responsible :P :P.

Skyrim is amazing in both hand held and docked. As someone who has it on most other platforms the thing i liked the most on switch was the stability as the modding can make it dodgy at times. I went with a 2H orc for my last play through.

On topic i am playing breath of the wild as id like to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

On topic Fire Emblem I finally beat the death Knight during the first encounter. Can't wait for the fourth house dlc to drop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

On topic Fire Emblem I finally beat the death Knight during the first encounter. Can't wait for the fourth house dlc to drop

Dont think I ever fought him, hes optional isn't he, it's been a while since I completed it? Seen trailer for DLC and it looks very promising

You can fight him at the right of rebirth or ignore avoid him I managed to beat him and get a dark seal if you attack him he will one hit kill you unless you bombard him with 2 or more very strong characters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

There are much worse addictions!

There is something timeless about the top tier Nintendo IPs on cartridge. Pieces of gold :) Switch and 3ds are just fantastic devices.

Also, so family friendly. And the characters are timeless. Don't think the competition come close in this regard.

Think it's best to go slow with them and soak up the full experience rather than rushing through a backlog.

On topic: Slowing down with links awakening and Luigi's mansion 3. Haven't the energy to set up Wii U for wind waker . .

nintendoo wrote: »
    Haven't the energy to set up Wii U for wind waker . .

I'm getting through Wind Waker at the moment.. I'm at the stage where I need to figure out how to get to the fairy in Fire Mountain, in order to get onto the Ice Ring Isle, in order to get onto Headstone Island, in order to get past Gale Isle, in order to...

In other words, lots of sailing around... to be honest I'm totally enjoying the sailing and just chilling out. Great stuff!

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm getting through Wind Waker at the moment.. I'm at the stage where I need to figure out how to get to the fairy in Fire Mountain, in order to get onto the Ice Ring Isle, in order to get onto Headstone Island, in order to get past Gale Isle, in order to...

In other words, lots of sailing around... to be honest I'm totally enjoying the sailing and just chilling out. Great stuff!

Yes - it's all about the journey and not the destination. :)
    Hope you got the swift sail !!

Yes - it's all about the journey and not the destination. :)
    Hope you got the swift sail !!

Nah... Cruising everywhere is the only way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loved Wind Waker. Starting slowly on BOTW. Kinda lost before Zora's Domain. Actually ended up there by mistake before I was supposed to.

I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Nal wrote: »
    Loved Wind Waker. Starting slowly on BOTW. Kinda lost before Zora's Domain. Actually ended up there by mistake before I was supposed to.

I think.

There's no 'before I was supposed to" in BOTW, which is one of the beautiful things about it! You're free to tackle any of the areas you like after getting off the plateau.

(In fact, if anything, they kinda point you towards Zora's Domain prior to most of the other areas, other than a certain village...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's no 'before I was supposed to" in BOTW, which is one of the beautiful things about it! You're free to tackle any of the areas you like after getting off the plateau.

(In fact, if anything, they kinda point you towards Zora's Domain prior to most of the other areas, other than a certain village...)

Yeah thought I'd jumped the gun alright but even still I was horribly unequipped.

Anyway, going to get back into it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Seeing as I'm still stuck in to Fire Emblem Three Houses, Would Fates Conquest or Fates Birthright be worth picking up on 3DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

fixXxer wrote: »
    Seeing as I'm still stuck in to Fire Emblem Three Houses, Would Fates Conquest or Fates Birthright be worth picking up on 3DS?

I actually just finished Conquest, story was.. Crap in all honesty but enjoyed the gameplay enough to recommend it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I remembered that I never finished Untitled Goose Game so went back to it today to finish up the last few bits I had left. Good fun, and I see that after finishing it additional to-do lists unlock to make a second playthrough worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got Darksiders: Warmastered Edition in CEX during the week for €19.99. Played it 10 years ago on the 360 and loved it. I've forgotten everything, so I'm really enjoying it.

One problem though. Running in a straight line with War, he might change from a run to a walk to a run again. Very annoying. A couple of times, I've run towards a ledge and just before jumping I start walking and fall to my death.

If you have this game, does this happen to you? Playing docked with pro controller. I've played an hour or so and I'm just about to start the Cathedral area.

New Super Mario Brothers on the auld 2DS XL.
    Really, they have milked the "new" formula to the max.
    Hopefully we get something new 2d Mario wise, especially since Mario maker has changed the goal posts. A metroid lite platformer, like Ori would go down really well. Especially with that / Rayman legends quality graphics.

Still having a lot of fun though. Always enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    One problem though. Running in a straight line with War, he might change from a run to a walk to a run again. Very annoying. A couple of times, I've run towards a ledge and just before jumping I start walking and fall to my death.

If you have this game, does this happen to you? Playing docked with pro controller. I've played an hour or so and I'm just about to start the Cathedral area.

Checked the calibration. Looks like it's my pro-controller.
    If I hold Up on the calibration screen, it doesn't lock in the up position - there is vertical drift, but only while pushing up.

Is my controller screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Got Dragon Quest Builders 2 over Christmas and finally getting to play it. Gave it a good few hours late last week and over the weekend and it's really good. I'm not sure I have the time or concentration to play it at the moment and with other games coming out in March, I might stick it on Adverts :/

My farm is quite nice though and I've explored most of the first proper island (Furrowfield). I still have Ori to start and Call of Juarez to finish so I won't be idle this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tried out Ring Fit Adventure yesterday for a bit.
    Safe to say I won't be getting through it too quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SOTV1875CH

Finished To The Moon last week. Magical little game but over too quickly.
    Playing Kentucky Route Zero at the moment and it’s excellent so far.
    Looking forward to RetroMania and Animal Crossing.

Playing BOTW proper, i remember why i found it so hard to get into. The weapon breaking mechanic is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up Thronebreaker over the weekend. Great so far, typical Witcher vibe with the atmosphere, story telling and music. Gwent battles are enjoyable, although I was an avid Gwenter in the W3 so that helps. The version of Gwent isn't incredibly comparable to the version in the main game though and is more in line with the online Gwent game apparently (which I never played) so still getting used to the different mechanics there. Only a couple a hours in, started on hardest difficulty but had a dial it down to normal and having a much better time of it now.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Playing BOTW proper, i remember why i found it so hard to get into. The weapon breaking mechanic is a pain in the hole.

After a while you'll have/find so many weapons you won't care. It's the opposite of grindy - its freedom !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Currently "switching" between Pokemon Sword and Rabbids&Mario...both fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Got the first (bad) ending on Bloodstained yesterday, and going to take a little break from it. Very enjoyable game, but its occasionally frustrating/difficult. Love the style and soundtrack, and some of the enemies are fantastic, such as the
    Mad Max inspired flamethrower guitar player.

Moved on to Yoshi's Crafted World, which I got free recently - a friend took advantage of a Target goof in the US to get multiple copies at $1 a piece. Delighted, as I wanted to play this, but wouldn't really pay full price for it. Seems fun so far, and replaying levels to get all the collectbles is fun.

Still playing through Dragon Quest 11, which is becoming one of my favourite Switch games. Just finished Act 1, and
    am playing as Sylvando in the ruined world
    . Am about 35 hours in, and should get at least another 20-30 out of this over time.

Next up us Edith Finch, and I'm very tempted by Kentucky Route Zero too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm about 15 hours into Dragon Quest - It's fine but it's not really gripping me yet. I was enjoying the demo, so I took the hit and got the full version when it was on sale, but it's kinda gotten a bit repetitive. I'm
    at the part with the mural, and rescuing the girl, and I have about 4 of the gems (Got one from mermaid, one from a birds nest, plus the one or two that the party just had with them) - does it get better or am I at the stage where if I'm not gripped by now, it's a lost cause

After a while you'll have/find so many weapons you won't care. It's the opposite of grindy - its freedom !! :)

I am starting to get weapons that don't break in 2-3 hits so its getting better. I also upgraded my armor so I don't die in 2-3 hits. Starting to get super interesting the level of depth for a Zelda game is great.

Master Sword us the only really unbreakable weapon in the game try get some amiibo they can drop better weapons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm about 15 hours into Dragon Quest - It's fine but it's not really gripping me yet. I was enjoying the demo, so I took the hit and got the full version when it was on sale, but it's kinda gotten a bit repetitive. I'm
    at the part with the mural, and rescuing the girl, and I have about 4 of the gems (Got one from mermaid, one from a birds nest, plus the one or two that the party just had with them) - does it get better or am I at the stage where if I'm not gripped by now, it's a lost cause

To be honest, Its a lot of the same stuff over and over. The story isn't particularly unique, but I like the look and music. It feels like a very relaxing game to me, not too taxing but it has a nice sense of progression. I enjoy the sense of humour it has. I'm not that far ahead of you to be honest, surprised you got that far in 15 hours.

Advertisement