Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Calhoun wrote: »
    I am starting to get weapons that don't break in 2-3 hits so its getting better. I also upgraded my armor so I don't die in 2-3 hits. Starting to get super interesting the level of depth for a Zelda game is great.

Just enjoy and take your time!

My only complaint is that there is no fishing.
    Snowboading, paragliding, horse riding, princess saving, boats, fish, rivers, seas, sunsets, flies ...
    No fishing.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kid Icarus Uprising.
    Figured I need to play the portables more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

pasta-solo wrote: »
    To be honest, Its a lot of the same stuff over and over. The story isn't particularly unique, but I like the look and music. It feels like a very relaxing game to me, not too taxing but it has a nice sense of progression. I enjoy the sense of humour it has. I'm not that far ahead of you to be honest, surprised you got that far in 15 hours.

It’s not that difficult. I think I’m around level 27 or so across the board. Can’t say I’ve found any part so far a challenge.

I’ll likely stick with it for a little bit. Normally these things pick up speed once the big bad get introduced properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Looking for recommendations.im thinking of getting either diablo 3 or starting into the resident evil games the last of which I played was 4 on the ps2. Diablo sort of strikes me as a bit like destiny in a top down perspective type of way which if it was like that I'd enjoy. Grinding for gear while defeating bosses type play. If I was to start into the resi games should I just start at remake and 0 and work through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

eggy81 wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations.im thinking of getting either diablo 3 or starting into the resident evil games the last of which I played was 4 on the ps2. Diablo sort of strikes me as a bit like destiny in a top down perspective type of way which if it was like that I'd enjoy. Grinding for gear while defeating bosses type play. If I was to start into the resi games should I just start at remake and 0 and work through

Reside Evil 0 does come before REmake (RE1) but I think I'd play REmake first. It lays a lot of ground work and drops plenty of names... then RE0 takes a lot of those details and stretches them out, gives some of them flesh and shits on others. RE0 also has characters in it that are introduced properly in future games like RE2 (it's an odd game).

Can't go wrong with Diablo 3 either. Great game and if you've enjoyed any of the previous games in the series, it builds on them in great ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Calhoun wrote: »
    I am starting to get weapons that don't break in 2-3 hits so its getting better. I also upgraded my armor so I don't die in 2-3 hits. Starting to get super interesting the level of depth for a Zelda game is great.

Still my favourite game of "this gen"....

It's unbelievable, went back to it a while ago the DLC and can't beat the Monk lad, when I am brave enough I'll go back and get him...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Fieldog wrote: »
    Still my favourite game of "this gen"....

It's unbelievable, went back to it a while ago the DLC and can't beat the Monk lad, when I am brave enough I'll go back and get him...

185 hours of playtime for completionists

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38019

I think I'll put this one on hold until I take my Switch Lite away on hols :pac:

I only play one game at a time and play it until it's complete before moving onto something else.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I only play one game at a time and play it until it's complete before moving onto something else.

Nice one. Do you mean 100% or main game or ???

nintendoo wrote: »
    Nice one. Do you mean 100% or main game or ???

Usually main story and any sidequests I encounter along the way rather than actively scrounging around to find every last bit I've missed.

It's more natural and fluid that way. Sure I'll miss bits, but that's how real life adventures are too, plus it makes the whole experience unique to the individual playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Finished Pokemon Sword really bad post game definitely not interested in doing it in Shield now back grinding on three houses trying to build an army of mages.

• Advertisement

Just finished Gunman Clive HD collection on switch.. Great game. Such good value. Can't believe 1 guy did all of this. His brother did the brilliant music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finished Pokemon Sword really bad post game definitely not interested in doing it in Shield now back grinding on three houses trying to build an army of mages.

I thought the post game was actually better than the main game, at least it had some form of a story. Overall though, a very poor first effort.

The hair was very off-putting very poor games to be honest story wasn't overly bad but just no to those two idiots hope the dlc proves better

Back to links awakening. Near the end now. The music in the dungeons in terrible. It's a 3 second tedius tune that repeats forever. Have to turn the sound down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm about 15 hours into Dragon Quest - It's fine but it's not really gripping me yet. I was enjoying the demo, so I took the hit and got the full version when it was on sale, but it's kinda gotten a bit repetitive. I'm
    at the part with the mural, and rescuing the girl, and I have about 4 of the gems (Got one from mermaid, one from a birds nest, plus the one or two that the party just had with them) - does it get better or am I at the stage where if I'm not gripped by now, it's a lost cause

I absolutely loved the game and i'm still playing it. Currently most of my characters are past level 90, trying to get them all to 99. I loved the whole story, the characters, the gameplay, the music and the sense of exploration, love the little towns and villages as well. I just have to finish every quest and want to complete everything there is to do in the game. The game is mostly an easy to moderate challenge but there is some 'end game' stuff that is very difficult. I've clocked up over 160 hours in the game so far, just having fun exploring, doing quests, farming ingredients for superior level armor and weapons as well as challenges. One of my favourite games on the Nintendo Switch, I love the both builders games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kunai is fantastic. Flows really well and very tight controls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought Assassins Creed 3 and tried to have a go, last night.
    Dozed off during that god awful intro.
    Jesus, just cut out the sci-fi framing story, no one cares!

Sounds like black flag is the only decent AC game on Switch ?

Just tried FIFA 20 took 10 minutes to get to the menu stupid EA registration nonsense

Would like to get a PS4 (cheap) at some stage but some Derek Zoolander like soccer player on the cover of console boxes turns me right off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Would like to get a PS4 (cheap) at some stage but some Derek Zoolander like soccer player on the cover of console boxes turns me right off. :)

Just get a cheap cheap PS4 and buy Bloodborne.
    That's the best reason to own one, well that and The Last Guardian

Might grab an Xbox one X or PS4 pro just for the AAA stuff that can't be squeezed onto a switch. Probably at the end of the year when the new consoles lead to a big price drop. I'm not a fan of dark games / zombie games / FPS ... So it might just be Spiderman and rdr2 :). Unless of course Nintendo have a botw2 or something else up their sleeves this Xmas to steal what free time I have.

Red Dead and the sequel are excellent reasons to own another console, a Switch and a PS4/XB1 is a great combination, much like the Wii and a 360/PS3 were a great combo back in the day

Also waiting to buy a good game friendly her 4k TV / monitor ... These should be dropping in price too ... So the auld switch will do fine for the moment ...

By the way it's about to enter it's 4th year ... Time bloody flies

I'm thinking botw2 is out this year, what the hell else has that team been at anyway ! They dropped the dlc with new bosses and even a motorbike in no time. The engine is there. All the wacky ideas that didn't make it into 1 are going to be in 2. The producer's confidence is up - he's finally broken the miyamoto mould in Zelda games ...
    This is going to be the godfather 2 of video games :):)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    a Switch and a PS4/XB1 is a great combination, much like the Wii and a 360/PS3 were a great combo back in the day

A Switch and an Oculus Quest is what the kool kids have nowadays. Both are portable too.

I can't frickin wait to finish Wind Waker so I can get back to playing Half Life in VR :pac:

Just finished the main game in new super mario brothers 2 on the 2ds XL. Little challenge until the last boss fight. Still, it's super polished fun. Also, something about Mario on a Gameboy/ds just feels right.

Next up for the odd few hours next weekend ... back to wind waker on Wii U and links awakening on switch. 'cause I just want to finish these and get them out of my life ! Time to clear the decks on that backlog !!!

Just finished the main game in new super mario brothers 2 on the 2ds XL. Little challenge until the last boss fight. Still, it's super polished fun. Also, something about Mario on a Gameboy/ds just feels right.

Next up for the odd few hours next weekend ... back to wind waker on Wii U and links awakening on switch. 'cause I just want to finish these and get them out of my life ! Time to clear the decks in that backlog !!!

You're flying through them! Congrats, there's no feeling like it.

Feel free to post your own progress on my thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821659&page=8

58 games in 2 years and counting :)

A Switch and an Oculus Quest is what the kool kids have nowadays. Both are portable too.

I can't frickin wait to finish Wind Waker so I can get back to playing Half Life in VR :pac:

I've the PSVR, and it's fine and dandy, but nothing really compares to Bloodborne, that game is just sublime

You're flying through them! Congrats, there's no feeling like it.

Feel free to post your own progress on my thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821659&page=8

58 games in 2 years and counting :)

If I start tracking it this way it'll become more of a chore.

Just need to sort out a few Zelda's that have been left in limbo. I've a Twilight Princess save from 2008. Think I've just 2 more dungeons. She's probably sick of waiting at this stage. :)

• Advertisement

If I start tracking it this way it'll become more of a chore.

Just need to sort out a few Zelda's that have been left in limbo. I've a Twilight Princess save from 2008. Think I've just 2 more dungeons. She's probably sick of waiting at this stage. :)

Not really a chore but an incentive to get through the backlog as it feels so rewarding to finally commit to completing a story once and for all. The thread keeps me on track...but whatever works for you.

I've never enjoyed my collection as much as I do now that I'm sticking with games until I've gotten my worth out of em. If a game bores me to death or becomes an insurmountable chore to complete then I consider it done and dusted too and add it to the completed list.

Advertisement