Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Despite a collection of unplayed DS and 3DS games of the series sitting idle in their cart cases, I took the leap and bought DQXI for the Switch yesterday, when I checked my bank balance and it made a happy face.

Started it last night, only played a little bit, and it seems lovely... but then so did DQVIII on the PS2 and 3DS versions I own, not to mention the gorgeous Rogue Galaxy, which also joins it's DQ bretheren in cooling it's heels somewhere up there... (that would be the gamesroom in the converted attic!).

Nevertheless, he shall persist.
    I'll take the misery of turn based battles and smile like I mean it until I do, perhaps I will have to eject Outrun 2006 from the PS2 afterwards and start back into Rogue Galaxy, my love of turnbased Japanese RPGs alight for the first time!

Bit late on this to stop you but I will second that Rogue Galaxy is a painfully mediocre game and not worth playing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

megaten wrote: »
    Bit late on this to stop you but I will second that Rogue Galaxy is a painfully mediocre game and not worth playing.

But it's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

But it's beautiful!

Might as well play ni no kuni then, at least it'll be a bit more of a modern spin on the usual level-5 rpg mediocrity.

Dark Chronicle was one of my favourite games on PS2 but I don't think I'll ever go back to it because I haven't enjoyed a level-5 rpg since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have most of those in my collection, but not played them as I've never appreciated turn based combat at all.
    So far I'm enjoying DQXI but do have the combat switched to automatic, much to my son's chagrin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

To take my mind off the news ...

Played New Super Mario Bros 2 on my yellow Pikachu 2ds XL. I love my ****ing Pikachu 2ds XL :) which is a but sad for someone my age ... But **** it. The regular switch just seems heavy, klunky and boring in comparison. I think the switch light was badly needed.

Just mopping up some star coins. Need 90 to get to the first star level. Plays great on 2ds XL. And really appreciate the d pad. Fantastic device to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dug out my busted 3ds XL with Pokemon bank on it earlier l am gonna buy Pokemon home sub this week and wanted to see what I'm going to harvest from my day 3ds and classic Pokemon games instead I spent 3 hours playing Pokemon crystal and if it hadn't ran out of power I'd still be playing it Sword and Shield are rotten compared to the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Started Murder by Numbers yesterday. The visual novel stuff isn't usually up my street but was sold by the Picross premise.

Thoroughly enjoyable so far with a good sense of humour. More importantly, the Picross button layout is the same as the Jupiter games (albeit the cursor moves a bit faster).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bulletstorm done, such a fun game. Moving on to Metro 2033 now. The tone is a small bit completely different!

My metro is still sitting in my grey switch lite while I flutter between Lttp and Fire Emblem on my og switch.

Taking my mind off work and the fun stuff happening in the real world ....

Just watching a Link Between Worlds running on an emulator on Android ... and thinking ... this looks lovely ... pity about the touch screen controls ...

then thinking ... hold on ... I already own this game and a real device to play it on with real physical controls ...

... time to continue with this game ! :-)

• Advertisement

I hate Link to the past its too damn hard

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

Where are you finding hard? As Zelda games go I never found it too difficult.

(I was talking 'bout Link between worlds, the do the dungeons in any order and here's all the weapons from the start game)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Starting into Megaman on NES Classic. Plan to tackle as many of the series as I can now. Ashamed to say I've been playing NES since the 80s but know nothing of Megaman, I was more into Mario, Gradius, Batman, etc. So far enjoying it and gameplay holds up remarkably well. Had a quick look at 2 as well. That one looks a bit special.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Starting into Megaman on NES Classic. Plan to tackle as many of the series as I can now. Ashamed to say I've been playing NES since the 80s but know nothing of Megaman, I was more into Mario, Gradius, Batman, etc. So far enjoying it and gameplay holds up remarkably well. Had a quick look at 2 as well. That one looks a bit special.

I have the first four on my Famicom and I'm really really bad at them.
    I've also got them on the Gameboy, and they are also fun, but I also suck at those too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I have the first four on my Famicom and I'm really really bad at them.
    I've also got them on the Gameboy, and they are also fun, but I also suck at those too!

They're like the Celeste of the NES world

mrcheez wrote: »
    They're like the Celeste of the NES world

You should get Micro Mages, pure genius, a new NES game and chock full of retro/modern game play.

Just realized the new Ori game is out ... yep great reviews ... looks gorgeous ... then remember it's Xbox only. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nintendoo wrote: »
    Just realized the new Ori game is out ... yep great reviews ... looks gorgeous ... then remember it's Xbox only. Sigh.

It's on Game Pass on PC as well if you have access to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Thanks to the stay indoors I’ve managed to almost 100% Luigis Mansion 3 - got all gems, ghosts, rare ghosts & Boo’s. Just a few more achievements to fully complete it. Also trying to work to 100% on Yoshi’s Crafted World.

• Advertisement

AMGer wrote: »
    Thanks to the stay indoors I’ve managed to almost 100% Luigis Mansion 3 - got all gems, ghosts, rare ghosts & Boo’s. Just a few more achievements to fully complete it. Also trying to work to 100% on Yoshi’s Crafted World.

I've decided that I'm just going to steer clear of the bad news on my phone ... always hooked to my phone anyway ... So picking up 2ds XL and switch instead of phone. Then hope to make the leap from that to more productive things like .... Hmmm. ... To be decided :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I started playing Bulletstorm today, on the recommendation of chrislad from here. It's great so far, once the handholdy tutorial is over. The weapons are great, and there's nice variety in the levels and enemies.

I miss gyro aim though! It really improves FPS games, odd not to have included it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I started playing Bulletstorm today, on the recommendation of chrislad from here. It's great so far, once the handholdy tutorial is over. The weapons are great, and there's nice variety in the levels and enemies.

I miss gyro aim though! It really improves FPS games, odd not to have included it here.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

BOTW getting real now. At Zoras Domain, waterfalls etc. Loving it. Im horribly under equipped mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

chrislad wrote: »
    nervous.gif

It was a great recommendation, I'm really enjoying it! Well worth 15 beans.

The Nal wrote: »
    BOTW getting real now. At Zoras Domain, waterfalls etc. Loving it. Im horribly under equipped mind you.

It's only just begun ! Lucky you !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Picked up Bulletstorm and the Hori split pad pro. Played a little last night. Game looks great. I think that is the perfect time to pull ports from. I’d love to see stuff like Singularity brought over too.

Split pad makes a big difference to moving and aiming. But it feel huge and looks ugly. But you can play an FPS without the thumb gymnastics. Overall I’m happy with it. But feel a stick extension on the normal switch controller on the right side might have met my needs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What a game.

On Guacamelee 2 at the moment, very very similar to the first game but very enjoyable nonetheless. Would recommend it to anyone, very pick up and play.

Once that done would people, start BOTW (again) or start Witcher 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

That was probably my second favourite part of the whole game. Only trumped by receiving the glider, jumping off the Great Plateau and realising just how big the world was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That was probably my second favourite part of the whole game. Only trumped by receiving the glider, jumping off the Great Plateau and realising just how big the world was.

A stunning moment in gaming

Advertisement