Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

A stunning moment in gaming

Kinda like when Jack got to the top of the beanstalk.

Yep, incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah. Like 10 minutes before I was silently collecting arrows and then you're thrust into this utter madness. Like 1st to 5th gear in one move. I went from sitting back on the couch to sitting forward with my brain being completely melted.

I can see a good 10 hours of BOTW in my future today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Megaman done and dusted! Hard as nails but I totally get the popularity now. Onto Megaman 2 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Once that done would people, start BOTW (again) or start Witcher 3?

Witcher 3 hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Picked up Bulletstorm and the Hori split pad pro. Played a little last night. Game looks great. I think that is the perfect time to pull ports from. I’d love to see stuff like Singularity brought over too.

Split pad makes a big difference to moving and aiming. But it feel huge and looks ugly. But you can play an FPS without the thumb gymnastics. Overall I’m happy with it. But feel a stick extension on the normal switch controller on the right side might have met my needs too.

I like the pad, but I'll definitely only be using it for FPS games. It's very unwieldy, and the one genre, I would want a bit of rumble is the FPS genre, so end up having to sacrifice precision for immersion. I played Bulletstorm primarily on the Hori split pad.

• Advertisement

Hoovering up the star coins in NSMB 2 on 2DS XL.

Enjoying finding the star coins. Some of them are cunningly placed. Great fun. :)

Keep forgetting to save. No autosave. :(

Did the final star world. Actually this game is not very hard so it's possible to do this ...

Really can't understand how this game is still so expensive. Looks like it's sold a ton. Anyway worth getting if you can get it cheap or second hand and are a Mario fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I finished Dragon Quest XI today, as I had the day off work and there's not a lot else to do(I know there's a huge after game section, but I completed the main quest and saw the end credits.)

Its a really fantastic game and felt very satisfying all the way through the 55 hours of playtime I got out of it. The difficulty really ramps up at the end, but I managed not to die on the final boss - mid game grinding paid off, and was actually fun!

I'd strongly recommend the eshop demo, which gives you the first 10 hours of the game, and carries over progress. I would never have considered this without the demo, but now it goes down as one of my favourite games on Switch.

I'll definitely be looking into the rest of the series - specifically Dragon Quest 8 which I can play on 3DS and is regarded the series highpoint. But for now, I'm enjoying Bulletstorm and looking forward to my first Animal Crossing game.

God bless the Switch and its huge, varied library of great games.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Megaman done and dusted! Hard as nails but I totally get the popularity now. Onto Megaman 2 now...

Ironic timing...

Humble Bundle are offering Megaman Legacy Collection on PC for $1 as part of the Humble Capcom bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-mega

Tempted... but really I'd rather play the roms I have already with the NES controller :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

chrislad wrote: »
    I like the pad, but I'll definitely only be using it for FPS games. It's very unwieldy, and the one genre, I would want a bit of rumble is the FPS genre, so end up having to sacrifice precision for immersion. I played Bulletstorm primarily on the Hori split pad.

I might split them up. Right Hori and left Nintendo. Get the rumble effect with the added aiming. It really is just the right stick for me. It doesn't have the travel distance before you are at full tilt and then the game accelerates the aiming to much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

nintendoo wrote: »
    Hoovering up the star coins in NSMB 2 on 2DS XL.

Enjoying finding the star coins. Some of them are cunningly placed. Great fun. :)

Keep forgetting to save. No autosave. :(

Did the final star world. Actually this game is not very hard so it's possible to do this ...

Really can't understand how this game is still so expensive. Looks like it's sold a ton. Anyway worth getting if you can get it cheap or second hand and are a Mario fan.

Unlike Other publishers that flood the market with their games then have to clear warehouse space Nintendo games usually have long viable sales periods where their games keep selling years after release. Would not be surprised in NSMB2 is still selling good numbers which is why it's still priced the same as at launch. Happened with all the other NSMB games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Had a great hour and a half long online Mario Kart session with a few mates last night. Great craic! That game never gets boring. Then went offline and got my ass handed to me by herself in Crash Team Racing, the one game she can beat me in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Final Fantasy VII as I'm taking a break from Fire Emblem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Finally sat down to play Zelda wind waker after years of it never grabbing my attention. What a game. Perfect time to rediscover it. Son loves it too.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Finally sat down to play Zelda wind waker after years of it never grabbing my attention. What a game. Perfect time to rediscover it. Son loves it too.

Did similar a couple of years ago. Really great when you get into it yeah. I think the graphics put a lot of people off.

The Nal wrote: »
    Did similar a couple of years ago. Really great when you get into it yeah. I think the graphics put a lot of people off.

Actually the graphics are lovely and they improved them with a HD remake on Wii U. For me though it all seems so linear, plodding and restrictive after BOTW. I still need to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I keep thinking I must get some games to pass the time during lock down, then look at my unplayed pile, then I keep thinking I must get some games to pass the time during lock down.

Self isolating

JpvPbes.png

fixXxer wrote: »
    I keep thinking I must get some games to pass the time during lock down, then look at my unplayed pile, then I keep thinking I must get some games to pass the time during lock down.

ah the ol'

e21b9091460b4e139c25ef39717dd0327f636f9e272de1e51b5418527c14cd21.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mrcheez wrote: »
    ah the ol'

e21b9091460b4e139c25ef39717dd0327f636f9e272de1e51b5418527c14cd21.jpg

Mine is much like that but more pile shaped, liberally distributed about the room, other room, also that room too, most of the house really....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yoshi's Wooly World on Wii U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mine is much like that but more pile shaped, liberally distributed about the room, other room, also that room too, most of the house really....

Similar to me with the added fact that everything pre-Wii era is still in my parents' house. Think they've pretty much resigned themselves to my old room never being cleared out after all these years!

Similar to me with the added fact that everything pre-Wii era is still in my parents' house. Think they've pretty much resigned themselves to my old room never being cleared out after all these years!

Mine fit in a desk drawer. And I've yet to play about half of those. Wii, Wii U, 3DS, Switch. Have a few digital games on Switch and Metroid Prime Trilogy digital on Wii U.
    The only emulated game I want to play now is a Link to the Past on Switch. And that's it. All older stuff given away / sold years ago.

Looking forward to BOTW2 and hoping Nintendo have a new 3d Mario on the way. Sticking to Nintendo and not really buying much else until I clear this lot down.

Finished with NSMB2.

Giving Super Mario 3D Land a whirl again.
    Great game, bit of magic.

Think they had to get this right at the time to kick start the 3ds sales which were floundering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Animal crossing like a lot of people I assume .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Resi 5. 2 player.

Haven't played it since it came out. Never player 2 player Resi before.

Hard to know what's goin on.

Why is the split screen so small??

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Resi 5. 2 player.

Haven't played it since it came out. Never player 2 player Resi before.

Hard to know what's goin on.

Why is the split screen so small??

Have you tried playing it on a large TV ? :)

3D land is really great and great value as a Nintendo select if anyone has missed out on this. Certainly about a million times better than NSMB2. It even has auto save :)

Decided to blast through Megaman 2 this morning. That last Dr Wiley fight took almost as long as the other levels combined!! Great stuff though. Also playing Pikuniku, it's hilarious. New Half Life game out tomorrow so will be hard to get time to see Pikuniku through but will play when I head to bed. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hard a few quick game of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball which turned into about an hour each.

It's a really addictive rhythm action game disguised as a collection of baseball minigames.

Such a shame it never got a release in Europe and it's one of the only games to do F2P right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sounds like Elite Beat Agents man that was a hidden gem

Gonna try Dragon Quest later as I keep getting the urge to time travel in Animal Crossing seeing as Weeds are now a source of income rather than a punishment.

Advertisement