Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is there any possible way to get a switch lite to play on a TV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

No they took out the ability completely. Even with one of the USB HDMI dongles that work with the other Switch.

I've given Animal Crossing a decent go but can't get past it being a mobile game. A nicer Simpsons tapped out. Where you just log on each day, do the same resource gathering. Chop the trees, collect the flowers, sell them. Pay off a loan. Get another set of things to collect for. And repeat. But never actually do anything.

Very much my own fault, I probably should have read up more about it, but I'd heard so much good that I thought it must have something more buried in the gameplay that has people hooked.

Shame I bought it digitally for €60, I can't even give it away. I'll prob play a bit more as the kids like watching it.

Anyway picked up into the breach for a fiver. Will give that a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Into the Breach might be a bit close to the bone these days. Those poor hapless citizens, trapped in their buildings, waiting for the heroes outside to save them from the bug. But poor decision making and time management and strategy dooms them all...

Great game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Got the Switch for Christmas and it is some bit of kit.

Got it bundled with Mario Kart great for the get together's.

Just rolled credits on Breath of the Wild and I would say it is firmly in the top three if not the best game I have ever played. Put about 90 hours into it, not even near after discovering everything, completed 75 shrines only have like 60 Korok seeds (I will not be getting all of these). Just an amazing experience.

Moved onto to Mario Odyssey about 4 worlds in but really enjoying it.

No doubt I will need suggestions soon as I am working from home and not leaving home currently.

Banjo wrote: »
    Into the Breach might be a bit close to the bone these days. Those poor hapless citizens, trapped in their buildings, waiting for the heroes outside to save them from the bug. But poor decision making and time management and strategy dooms them all...

Great game though.

lol different kind of killer bugs outside though :D, I started it last night and played a little again this morning just to get a feel for it. I think I'll really enjoy it. The simple graphics seem to hide a pretty clever and complex game.

Also got a Fire in the Flood, played the opening 5 mins and it also seem nice. A girl and her dog in a survival type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Went back to Cadence of Hyrule. Cracking little Zelda game, can't believe I didn't finish it at the time. I think there was a new story mode added too but I haven't looked into it till I beat the normal mode first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition for the laugh. Good contrast to Dragon Quest XI which I'm also playing at the moment. Doing ok so far but not much clue what I'm at and expecting to get my ass handed to me any minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fire Emblem just when I thought I was out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Playing South Park Fractured But Whole. A great antidote to the current situation, good stupid fun. Wouldn't pay full price but I got it on the eShop for €14.99 a bit ago so great value for that price.

Anyone here playing Good Job? Any thoughts?

Got steam world heist for around €3.20. Amazing little game. If anyone has missed it, it is a little 2D turned based RPG. Looks really nice and plays so really well on the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing South Park Fractured But Whole. A great antidote to the current situation, good stupid fun. Wouldn't pay full price but I got it on the eShop for €14.99 a bit ago so great value for that price.

Picked it up in last sale after finishing Stick of Truth. Havent played it yet but SoT was seriously funny, really enjoyed it.

Taking the opposite approach as yourself and playing Darkest Dungeon at the moment. Probably not ideal for the current climate, its fairly gloomy but funny in it's own way, but Im enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

I'm thinking of getting the gold edition some of the dlc looks essential Cassa Bonita

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

skerry wrote: »
    Picked it up in last sale after finishing Stick of Truth. Havent played it yet but SoT was seriously funny, really enjoyed it.

Stick of Truth is €14.79 and Fractured but Whole is €14.99 at the moment in the current eShop sale, might splash out and buy both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Stick of Truth is €14.79 and Fractured but Whole is €14.99 at the moment in the current eShop sale, might splash out and buy both. :)

Both are amazing games, the history of games from TV and film is they are **** but these games are amazing RPG's in their own right.

I have both on PC and I bought them on the switch again because they are that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just played about an hour of Unravel Two co-op with my six year old (after a head melting overcooked session with her and the wife :) ) . It's delightful, it really is. Proper co-op, where you can help eachother not just to satisfy the conditions of a puzzle but to actually help eachother out. It took her about ten minutes to go from "what button do I press?" to wall jumping into a swinging summersault landing at the top of a cliff and then pulling me up. Only a fiver in the US eshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

On my wishlist.

Hopefully it'll be back on eu sale soon. Can't be bothered to jump around on the eshops.

Also waiting for Grid Autosport to go on sale.

The switch is a corking little console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Picked up The Touryst in the sale to play in between sessions of Luigis Mansion 3. Fun game and looks gorgeous.
    My progress percentage is at 15% at the minute after about half an hour of gameplay.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Picked up Links Awakening. Really enjoying it; never played the original, think I’m enjoying this more than BOTW which I found kinda overwhelming!

• Advertisement

Picked up The Touryst in the sale to play in between sessions of Luigis Mansion 3. Fun game and looks gorgeous.
    My progress percentage is at 15% at the minute after about half an hour of gameplay.

Enjoyed it myself, has some pain in the neck moments (mines) and kinda runs out of steam but I still finished it and overall enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Replayed oot did a 3 heart run no fairys. Really enjoyed it. Many deaths at some bosses but did it might do majoras mask at some point. Im thinking of bustin out mm now and do a normal play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Replayed oot did a 3 heart run no fairys. Really enjoyed it. Many deaths at some bosses but did it might do majoras mask at some point. Im thinking of bustin out mm now and do a normal play

OOT - the game that keeps on giving.

Tried replaying it on 2DS XL ... but too many other things to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone on here play diablo on switch. Have had my eye on it for months and bought yesterday on sale. 30 quid on the store. Gonna try blast through the campaign next week or so but I'd there any Irish community still playing it

Have had it and the loot goblin amiibo for about six months now and haven't gotten around to playing it yet must give it a try

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »
    Picked up Links Awakening. Really enjoying it; never played the original, think I’m enjoying this more than BOTW which I found kinda overwhelming!

Just got the credits, great game! Got stuck in a few bits and had to google.

Any recommendations for similar titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

awec wrote: »
    Just got the credits, great game! Got stuck in a few bits and had to google.

Any recommendations for similar titles?

Well Link to the Past is on the SNES Nintendo Online collection. There is also Blossom Tales, Anodyne & Reverie. The latter 2 aren't like for like Zelda's but Blossom Tale is a pretty obvious homage to top down Zelda's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

IMG-20200410-085313.jpg

Starting the toddler off with the classics this weekend 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That’s not the original GB is it? Looks different.

/Edit: Also, respect for passing on your good taste in gaming to the next generation. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

eggy81 wrote: »
    Anyone on here play diablo on switch. Have had my eye on it for months and bought yesterday on sale. 30 quid on the store. Gonna try blast through the campaign next week or so but I'd there any Irish community still playing it

Id be interested in this, also tempted but I've never played a diablo before!

Advertisement