Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Picked up Invisigun Reloaded for €1 to play multiplayer with friends. Great concept, tricky to master. Think Bomberman but you can't see your character until he shoots or bumps into something. But then everyone can see him. Hope to try it out with friends tonight.

I grabbed it as I had just enough credit on my account to pick it up at the sale price. Tried a few levels of the campaign mode but it didn't really grab me. No big loss at that price, but hopefully the multiplayer will be where it shines...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone picked up streets of rage yet? I really want to buy it but my backlog, dear god my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone picked up streets of rage yet? I really want to buy it but my backlog, dear god my backlog.

Lol everyone has, read a few posts back :D

EDIT: Actually probably more visible in the bargain alerts thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

mrcheez wrote: »
    Lol everyone has, read a few posts back :D

EDIT: Actually probably more visible in the bargain alerts thread

Ah right yah i don't keep an eye on that one hence why i missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Played a bit last night of Splatoon 2 demo. Tonight played an hour with mates in multiplayer. Im on the verge of purchasing this game for the second time. Forgot how much craic it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Played a bit last night of Splatoon 2 demo. Tonight played an hour with mates in multiplayer. Im on the verge of purchasing this game for the second time. Forgot how much craic it is.

Been getting back into it myself over the weekend, hadn't put it on since before I upgraded my Switch a while back and lost my saves. Serious craic though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mods, feel free to move this if in the wrong thread: Very much needing a Civ hit and tempted to pick up Civ6 on Switch. It any good - and is it full featured (or indeed include the expansions?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Thinking of picking up Splatoon 2 after playing the demo a good bit. Controls are finally clicking with me this time so enjoying it a lot.

Is the single player campaign decent?

Thinking of picking up Splatoon 2 after playing the demo a good bit. Controls are finally clicking with me this time so enjoying it a lot.

Is the single player campaign decent?

As far as I remember, the single player stuff on the main game is basic enough, might be ok as an aside to the multiplayer but Octo Expansion is where it's at for single player, there's a lot of content to keep you going in that. I took a while to get used to the motion controls too but couldn't play it without them now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

skerry wrote: »
    As far as I remember, the single player stuff on the main game is basic enough, might be ok as an aside to the multiplayer but Octo Expansion is where it's at for single player, there's a lot of content to keep you going in that. I took a while to get used to the motion controls too but couldn't play it without them now

Can I play hand held only? Or does it really need to be docked?

• Advertisement

Can I play hand held only? Or does it really need to be docked?

Motion control aiming works both ways but I find it easier docked with a pro controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

pixelburp wrote: »
    Mods, feel free to move this if in the wrong thread: Very much needing a Civ hit and tempted to pick up Civ6 on Switch. It any good - and is it full featured (or indeed include the expansions?)

It’s supposed to be very good although according to the below link it lacks online play, not sure if that matters to you. It doesn’t come with the expansions, they’re paid dlc the last time I looked. The base game is down to €37 approx on the SA store atm, €32 on JPN, not sure about others.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/sid_meiers_civilization_vi

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It’s supposed to be very good although according to the below link it lacks online play, not sure if that matters to you. It doesn’t come with the expansions, they’re paid dlc the last time I looked. The base game is down to €37 approx on the SA store atm, €32 on JPN, not sure about others.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/sid_meiers_civilization_vi

Thanks. Yeah I saw the extension is separate, pricy enough so might try the base first and see how it sticks. Put enough hours into civ5 on PC so should make for an interesting comparison.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah I saw the extension is separate, pricy enough so might try the base first and see how it sticks. Put enough hours into civ5 on PC so should make for an interesting comparison.

Not sure if this would interest you, but Northgard is just under €14 on the SA shop. No idea if it’s worth the price or not though.

Caved. Bought Splatoon 2. Hoping a few of my mates pick it up after this demo too for online multiplayer.
    Personally I hate the motion controls. And I play in handheld a bit. Plays well.

Caved. Bought Splatoon 2. Hoping a few of my mates pick it up after this demo too for online multiplayer.
    Personally I hate the motion controls. And I play in handheld a bit. Plays well.

Think I might do the same, going to be a long summer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Played some Baba Is You. Great, but got stuck! Will go back again. Clever stuff. It's definitely a good investment.

Played some Streets of Rage 4 to offset the above. Plays really, really well. Definitely think you need a decent controller with big fat buttons for this game. And a big screen. Decent punchy speakers too!

Two great purchases this weekend!

Just had my first play. Turned off the motion controls straight after the tutorial. Had a few goes of turf war and was fun except getting mashed by a lvl 22 player. What level do I have to be before I can start to upgrade weapons?

Will need to play it more as I’m not sure about buying it yet, shame there doesn’t seem to be any single player content in the demo either.

Every time you go up a rank you unlock new guns for purchase. As long as you've earned enough coins through playing you'll be able to buy a few new weapons. Find one that suits your style of play.
    Clothes play an important role too. Different clothes give you different boosts. Quicker respawn, faster fill of your ink tank, quicker running etc.

Just had my first play. Turned off the motion controls straight after the tutorial. Had a few goes of turf war and was fun except getting mashed by a lvl 22 player. What level do I have to be before I can start to upgrade weapons?

Will need to play it more as I’m not sure about buying it yet, shame there doesn’t seem to be any single player content in the demo either.

Yeah it's ALOT of fun. I have zero idea what I'm doing though!!

Just trying to cover as much area as possible

• Advertisement

Once I got hold of the splat roller it’s made the game much more enjoyable. Clothes upgrades are cool too. Almost level 6. In two minds whether to buy the game though, if I do I’ll get it with the dlc but wonder what the player base will be like when the demo is over.

Anyone know if you can skip the bit with the two TV presenters yapping? Annoying as hell. :pac:

Edit: if anyone wants to add me my FC is 1489 9514 0403. :)

By the sounds of it the player base is there. Seems to be a very active community.
    The beginning part isn't skippable but you can make it go a small bit quicker by pressing A a lot. It cuts them off at the start of each of their sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just remember that walls don't count.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just remember that walls don't count.

That explains why nobody was covering them so. :o

Up to level 7 now. The matchmaking is a bit off sometimes - a few lvl 20+ and a lvl 65 getting matched in with us low level newbies. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to work out how the scoring works in matches, I generally finish in top 2 in the team unless I have a really bad match and I'm no pro-splatter by any means. I don't concentrate on kills, just focus on covering ground. If someone gets in my face I splat them if I can and move on. Also found it a helpful tip once you get used to maps to make for the strategic middle points of the map and cover them first. For the first while I was concentrating on covering the area near the spawn point and working up the map.

I'm only working back into it now and I think I'm back up to level 8 again. Friend code is SW-0629-7570-0800. I don't get a huge amount of time to commit to online games with a baby in the house but I'd be happy to hop into a team if anyone see's me on. Not even sure how matchmaking works with friends or if you can hop into same team or what.

I find it hard to work out how the scoring works in matches, I generally finish in top 2 in the team unless I have a really bad match and I'm no pro-splatter by any means. I don't concentrate on kills, just focus on covering ground. If someone gets in my face I splat them if I can and move on. Also found it a helpful tip once you get used to maps to make for the strategic middle points of the map and cover them first. For the first while I was concentrating on covering the area near the spawn point and working up the map.

I'm only working back into it now and I think I'm back up to level 8 again. Friend code is SW-0629-7570-0800. I don't get a huge amount of time to commit to online games with a baby in the house but I'd be happy to hop into a team if anyone see's me on. Not even sure how matchmaking works with friends or if you can hop into same team or what.

I hit level 7 last night and am doing the exact same thing you were doing - just covering the ground starting at the spawn point and working my way forwards trying to smash anyone that I meet and also using my special splashdown weapon when it becomes available. Using the carbon roller and liking it the best so far. Have no clue about any meta in the game nor do I use the chat commands much. :o

Will add you later on. Pretty sure I'm going to get the full game with the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Animal Crossing really surprised me. I thought I'd hate it, but I've been addicted to it for a week now. Can't put it down.

Scoring is based purely on how much ground you ink. It then also gives you info on how many people you splatted and how many times you used your special move.

Actually a question for the Splatoon 2 demo players - have any of you gone on to buy the full game - I assume the save game from the demo carries over?

• Advertisement

Actually a question for the Splatoon 2 demo players - have any of you gone on to buy the full game - I assume the save game from the demo carries over?

According to the below link it does.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2020/try-out-the-free-splatoon-2-special-demo-2020-for-a-limited-time/

Advertisement