Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick warning for any park goers

Options
  • 27-05-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭

Speaking to a guard this morning and he was telling me of a scam (well more than a scam) the Romanian gangs are doing in parks around the city but they have been very successful around fitzgerald park.

" They will place a large sheet of cardboard and stick it to your rear window of your parked car, when you return to your car and you don't spot it straight away, you will get into your car, look in your rear view mirror and spot this piece of cardboard. Then when you get out of your car and go to the rear of it and try and remove this, someone will open your passenger door and take your handbag or any other valuables from it and run off.

Im just giving the heads up to anyone especially women with children.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Roma Gypsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

holy christ like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

shame on them hope they get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Roma Gypsies?

Male Roma gypsies and there children I was told.

12 reported incidents he said so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

rob316 wrote: »
    Male Roma gypsies

Which aren't necessarily Romanians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

Time for a sting operation, scum who do this should be sent on a one way ticket home pictures put on a watch list and not admitted back to Ireland for 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

HANG ON THERE THE LEFTIES WILL BE IN SAYING HOW MUCH THEY HAVE MADE OUR CITY BETTER

ME ARSE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Having cardboard must be banned in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Having cardboard must be banned in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lambofdave wrote: »
    Time for a sting operation, scum who do this should be sent on a one way ticket home pictures put on a watch list and not admitted back to Ireland for 5 years

Where do you send Roma gypsies to send them home? They aren't even remotely Romanian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

ROY RACE wrote: »
    HANG ON THERE THE LEFTIES WILL BE IN SAYING HOW MUCH THEY HAVE MADE OUR CITY BETTER

ME ARSE

Now you wouldn't be more happier to point finger and scream "I told ya,bloody foreigners!" - wouldn't you :) ?

However,
    Roma gypsies - not necessarily Romanian nation (But they may carry Romanian,Hungarian,etc passport tho)
    Actually Romanian citizens don't like Roma gypsies at all because Roma gypsies do a lot of bad things everywhere around the world and Romanians must take all the blame because of personas con baja inteligencia... like you

Roma isn't short for Romania and doesn't rime with Rome .

OP - Thanks for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Send them home. Do what the French did. The government is too pussy footy when it comes to treating criminal non nationals incase they are seen as racist. I've only ever seen the romas beg. Send them home if they don't work. What are we foster parents for riff raff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Weathering wrote: »
    Send them home. Do what the French did. The government is too pussy footy when it comes to treating criminal non nationals incase they are seen as racist. I've only ever seen the romas beg. Send them home if they don't work. What are we foster parents for riff raff

France sent about 8,000 Romani back to Romania ,Hungaria and Bulgaria , after dismantling illegal camps where they were living (I think gypsies got some "free" money too) and virtually all of them returned several weeks after they were deported

So this idea is rubbish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    France sent about 8,000 Romani back to Romania ,Hungaria and Bulgaria , after dismantling illegal camps where they were living (I think gypsies got some "free" money too) and virtually all of them returned several weeks after they were deported

So this idea is rubbish..

Send them back to the country they came from and if not then take the boat out in international waters and let the UN take care of it. :)
    I've only seen gypsies beg on streets so they shouldn't be left to crawl all the way across europe to beg over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

I would hate to be Romanian and have people associate me with Roma gypsies, it would like thinking that Irish travellers are what Irish people are like.
    These people are of no use to anyone, they are brought up to beg and steal, it is terrible for their children but that is the reality of these people they are parasites simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

The thread is heading towards "The final solution" territory. Didnt work out too great last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

The Roma are the only ethnic group that it's still ok to be openly racist towards. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

It is not racist, that would imply that we are better than then, I am not saying I am better that Roma,the Roma are what they are parasites, not my fault, maybe not theirs' but that is how it is.
    Why should we put up with them, is it racist to speak the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok there seems to be a lot of unrest on the Cork City forum of late

Let me say this: personal abuse towards other posters is NOT tolerated here so quit while you're ahead.

If I find any of the offenders behaving similarly on other threads on this forum, bans will be handed out.

This is always an emotive topic so, OP it might have been better to just mention that these crimes are happening in a particular area and advise that people be more aware when they are in said area - just the words "Roma Gyspy" is enough to send the thread in a whole other (wrong) direction.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement