Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin buses subcription

Options
  • 27-05-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi everyone !
    I'd like to know the fees for a montly subscription to Dublin buses!
    Thank you in advance !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ManonRiv wrote: »
    Hi everyone !
    I'd like to know the fees for a montly subscription to Dublin buses!
    Thank you in advance !

Depends on what you want, click on the fares page on dublinbus.ie for full info

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ManonRiv

Well i'm hoping to joint UCD next year and i might be living on the city center so i just wondered if it would be a good deal to take the bus everyday !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

If you're just going to be using the Bus then getting a Leap card and topping it up might be your best option, there's a daily and weekly cap on that

Leap Card

You can do a fare calculator here

oh thank you :) and how much would it be ?

oh you sent the fees ! thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to decide how many trips you are making per day / week / month and decide which ticket to buy. To get student fares, you will need a www.studenttravelcard.ie which includes its own Leap Card.

If you are only getting two buses per day, some days of the week, then using the Leap Card as an electronic purse may be best, but also consider the other options. Note that with the 5- and 30-day tickets, the days need not be consecutive.

Note than UCD is an easy cycle from the city. Areas like Ranelagh and Rathmines are popular with students.

Victor wrote: »
    You need to decide how many trips you are making per day / week / month and decide which ticket to buy. To get student fares, you will need which includes its own Leap Card.

If you are only getting two buses per day, some days of the week, then using the Leap Card as an electronic purse may be best, but also consider the other options. Note that with the 5- and 30-day tickets, the days need not be consecutive.

Note than UCD is an easy cycle from the city. Areas like Ranelagh and Rathmines are popular with students.
    The problem is it is still reallyyyy expensive !!! Here in france i only pay 1.45 euros per day for the bus !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ManonRiv wrote: »
    The problem is it is still reallyyyy expensive !!! Here in france i only pay 1.45 euros per day for the bus !

True. There is much said about this in the media. If anything prices will go up. Would you consider cycling?. UCD have good bike facilities and a bikeshop on site with student discounts. Get a set of schwalbe marathon plus tyres and you wont get any punctures. Also Dublin roads are some of the best for cyclists compared to a lot of European cities.

Well if the buses are really too expensive i think i'd consider cycling then ! i think it is so unfair the prices are so high ! Not everyone can pass its driving licence or get a car and walking takes ages ! Anyway, i'm sure i'll find a solution ;)

Advertisement