Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is "Killarney East Avenue Road"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

This might be the road in question. Seems to be bus parking /set down on one side but it could have changed since it was mapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

East Avenue Road goes from The Malton down past the cinema to the Avenue Hotel on the left and the Jarvey rank on the right. You pass the entrance to the Killarney Park Hotel, Fairhill Car Park is on the opposite side to where all the buses park.

Basically from the roundabout in front of the Friary to the Jarvey rank.

I walk that road home so will have a look on my way home tonight and see if I can spot where the bus will leave from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

dobman88 wrote: »
    East Avenue Road goes from The Malton down past the cinema to the Avenue Hotel on the left and the Jarvey rank on the right. You pass the entrance to the Killarney Park Hotel, Fairhill Car Park is on the opposite side to where all the buses park.

Basically from the roundabout in front of the Friary to the Jarvey rank.

I walk that road home so will have a look on my way home tonight and see if I can spot where the bus will leave from

This is exactly where the East Avenue Road is. What is odd is that when I searched on Google Maps for East Avenue Road it showed up.

Another things that's strange is that the bus isn't leaving from the bus station, which is now behind the Killarney Outlet Centre, which is where the bus station used to be before the Outlet Centre was built. I would have thought that having it leave from there would make much more sense.

Between this, the open-topped bus and the shuttle bus, it seems that the bus business in Killarney is booming at the moment. It will be interesting to see how this route does. You'd imagine that they are hoping for a serious chunk of tourist business.

Not one sign for any buses on the road, on either side. All the buses parked along the road are tourist buses though so there'd be plenty of space to see a city link bus during the day.

With regards the route, when most visitors land in our country, they land in Dublin and head either North or West. Either way they usually end up doing Galway-Killarney-Cork-Waterford/Kilkenny-Dublin. Route makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not one sign for any buses on the road, on either side. All the buses parked along the road are tourist buses though so there'd be plenty of space to see a city link bus during the day.

Cheers.

It's not coming up on www.a-b.ie yet, either.

As to not using the bus station: Is that a Tralee DC provided bus station, or a Bus Éireann one? If the latter, then then ... umm... ain't so good at sharing.

• Advertisement

Looks like Killarney is getting an express bus to/from Galway from this Friday. http://citylink.ie/index.php/routes-a-timetables/timetables/galway-killarney

But inquiring minds want to know: where is "Killarney East Avenue Road", and where exactly is the bus-stop likely to be?

Google Maps ain't helping :(

We got a leaflet delivered to work, one feckin leaflet, great business advertising.

Anyway, it starts tomorrow, Friday 30 May. <snip> Two buses a day afaik, 8.30am and 5.30pm.

Hope that helps.

Bah!! Stupid pictures are sideways. Hope you can read them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cheers - pics aren't sideways for me anyway!

Tells me no more than I knew already though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

We got a leaflet delivered to work, one feckin leaflet, great business advertising.

Yup their advertising is definitely a bit low-key, as I happened to mention it to a few people (including some in the tourist trade) and no-one had heard a word.

I was nearly beginning to think I'd imagined the whole thing.

2 hours 45 minuted from Galway to Killarney is decent time, especially by bus.

Not having to go into Limerick cuts off a fair chunk I'd imagine.

Advertisement