Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigabyte Gtx770 (problem with bracket slanting)

Options
  • 27-05-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey guys. I got a pc built recently by hardwareverssand, but there are one or two things wrong with it.

When I first got it I installed windows etc and things were ok except when i tried to instal the drivers for my graphics card (it said that the card wasn't connected).

I opened up the case and saw that it wasn't fully in the pci slot (it was slanting upwards at an angle towards the centre of the case. I unbolted the screws on the side bracket and popped it into position properly, but now the silver mounting (with HDMI ports etc) is sitting at an angle to the back of the case.

Anybody able to help me out here? I can't fit my hdmi cable in while it's slanted like this.
    I'll put up a picture in a sec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stuie2081

damn...turns out boards won't allow me to post urls/pics etc because I am a "new" user......thank boards, for making getting help much harder *rolls eyes*

Hopefully somebody might understand my problem from the description...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

You will need to carefully tweak the metal back into the default place, hope your pci-e slot is not broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stuie2081

How would you go about tweaking the metal into place?? Do you mean that there is a tilting system in it or something??

after I slotted it into the pci the fans were going etc....i was only able to fit the hdmi cable in a little bit but there was a flicker from the monitor indicating that something's going on.

I'm wondering if maybe the motherboard wasn't properly aligned
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

As far as I was aware hwvs didn't install the GPU before shipping for exactly this reason. Transit from German from Ireland will indefinitely mean the box is getting thrown around. I'd say don't do any bending of the metal bracket until you've figured out if the card is working or not first, so that if you need to return it to them they can't see any damage you'd have potentially done when bending the card back into shape

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

use a plier and be very careful tweaking the metal. or like the way frozen said.

either way you are going to get rma anyway so it it up for you to decide what to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement