Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam

Options
  • 27-05-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just to let you know that there are spam emails being circulated at the minute. I am not a BOI customer and I received one from an email address alertxx@365online.ie The title read changes to your account

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi shhling

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We appreciate the time taken to advise us of the fraudulent email you have received. If you have yet to delete this mail, could you please forward this to 365security@boi.com

We would like to give you some general advice we provide to our customers when in receipt of these type of emails. Bank of Ireland will never send emails asking customers to click on links for account resolution or request password or account information. We would also suggest running an Anti-Virus scan on your computer, more information on this can also be found here

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you have any questions for us, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Do BOI store customer email addresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Mr. G

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Although it is not compulsory for customers to supply us with an email address, if provided we will record this within their contact details. 

I hope this helps, if you have a more specific question in relation to this, please let us know.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement