Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do YOU study English?

• 27-05-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I find English as a subject very hard to study for.
    I find poetry exceptionally difficult to study for as I have no idea what I should learn.
    Do I learn quotes, themes and techniques of every poem for a poet?
    And for Macbeth, obviously I know the plot but how would I learn characters?
    Just learn quotes etc or how do you guys do it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I dont study for it. No matter how hard i study it nothing goes in so I always just cram quotes and little points in before the exam. And Ive never gotten below a B in english. I also never get A's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Personally, (not saying I recommend this), I analyse the poetry myself and formulate my own response. I get my teacher to mark it and when I attain an A, I keep the essay for the future and learn it off by heart before the exam. I'll be doing this for the official leaving cert too. Given the time we have in exams, I feel this method is the best for me.

Advertisement