Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing 4-5k cash from a branch

Options
  • 27-05-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering if i need to call ahead to withdraw 4k from my current account ? Also, would i be able to specify the denomination of notes i receive ?

I work in the IFSC so what would be the closest branch where i could do this ? I know lots of branches are cashless banks these days

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi grahamor

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If a customer wishes to withdraw 5k or more, there will be 24 working hours' notice needed and this can be arranged by contacting the branch by phone prior to the visit. 
    Although branches cannot order in particular notes on request, we would certainly suggest to call a few days prior and advise the staff of your preference of notes and they will always try their best to accommodate you.

As the IFSC is a cashless branch, you could call into 6 Lower O'Connell St or College Green branch may be handy for you. Both of these branches facilitate the withdrawal of notes Monday- Friday within their opening hours.

This link here will show you all the locations of our Bank of Ireland branches.

Just a quick mention also, for large cash withdrawals we would suggest to bring along photo identification, either passport or driving licence. 

I hope this information helps. If we can be of assistance again, please feel free to come back to us.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

This answers my question, thanks for the reply.

Advertisement