Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Visits in School

Options
  • 27-05-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how many times a child goes to the HSE dentist in Primary School?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Depends on the area. Some areas, because of budget constraints don't get a dental visit at all. Some, get one in second class.

If it's an emergency you can bring them to your local HSE dentist clinic for 8.30am to be seen by the dentist there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

My daughter got forms sent home at the begining of 6th class, went the whole year without hearing anything, and now she is at the end of 1st year and I got a call 2 weeks ago calling her for a check up and from that appointment she is seeing the hygienest next week for a clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

In our school it's 6th class.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

In our school, first visit is 2nd class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

In our school, its 2nd class and 6th class.

Both of mine got fissure seals done by the HSE dentist after the 2nd class checkup.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Mr Viking

huskerdu wrote: »
    In our school, its 2nd class and 6th class.

Both of mine got fissure seals done by the HSE dentist after the 2nd class checkup.

Supposed to be seen in 1st and 6th class but I would imagine this rarely happens

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Mine got called in 2nd, 4th and 6th class....... that seems good compared to other posters but if I hadn't been taking them to my own dentist in between times I don't know what state their teeth would be in.

Advertisement