Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help no work

Options
  • 27-05-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My husband has been out of work for over a year. He had his own business (fitted furniture) but with the downturn there is no work out there.He can also do extensions, painting etc etc. I have suggested to him to phone people up and leave his name & phone number. He is very quiet & shy man & i think he would rather die first than to ask.He has become very withdrawn & i'm really worried about him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Should he train for something else or is his age against him. Has anyone been in the same situation? If so what did you do to overcome this.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the work and jobs forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭driftkingire

he should definitley keep himself busy anyway. its very easy to fall into a rut of doing nothing and very hard to get out of it.
    as spear said try the jobs forum and every other job website you can find. in the meantime it wouldnt be any harm to start
    a course or something just to keep the old spirits up! plus he might learn something new as well!.

Advertisement