Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod wont sync

• 27-05-2014 5:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. My iPod wont sync. iTunes is saying it needs 59.4MB more space to fit in everything from my library, but the iPod itself says there's 24.7MB still available. Surely it could just use that bit up first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

no, you need to delete a few albums and make some space.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Can I not just manually choose what to sync and what not to sync? I'm not deleting albums I paid for. But I don't know how to manually sync. Its iTunes version 11.0.3.42, and its a 16GB iPod touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

What device are you syncing with? Is there no way to back the albums up somewhere else?

With a 16GB iPod touch. I don't know what generation, I got it second hand.

So your music is on one ipod & you want to sync it with another, or do you have your library stored on a laptop/pc?

• Advertisement

My library is on my laptop.

That's what I thought, so could you back the actual mp3 files up somewhere else before syncing the library? USB keys are very cheap these days.

I wouldn't even know where to find them. Why can I not just leave all my music in my library, and just choose what to sync onto my ipod? I don't need every single song on my ipod. I know that this was an option on earlier versions of iTunes.

You could try using a different programme to do so, though having your music in one place (I would have thought most people would just put everything in a big "Music" folder on their laptop) would probably make it easier to do set up. Here's an article from a few years ago that might give you some ideas.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm a bit confused by some of the posts here, this is what I'm reading:

You have all your music on your laptop, which syncs automatically with your ipod touch, but your ipod touch has run out of space so you would like to change from auto sync to manual sync?

You're not looking to move music from your ipod touch to your computer are you?

Am I misreading the situation?

• Advertisement

I'm a bit confused by some of the posts here, this is what I'm reading:

You have all your music on your laptop, which syncs automatically with your ipod touch, but your ipod touch has run out of space so you would like to change from auto sync to manual sync?

Exactly. The reason why I want to do it manually is because I can choose what songs to upload onto my ipod touch, whilst not bothering with others, therefore managing its' space better. At the moment, it just automatically syncs everything.
    You're not looking to move music from your ipod touch to your computer are you?

No.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ok, well then this should be an easy enough fix, just follow this guide: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1535

Do note that your ipod will be completely wiped by switching from auto sync to manual sync, you'll then have to re-add what you want from your itunes library (laptop) to your ipod.

Thanks Pleasant Co! That's exactly what I wanted. But instead of wiping everything re-uploading things, it gave me an option to "uncheck" entire albums, so they're still in my library if I ever want to put them onto my ipod, while they're now NOT on my ipod anymore. Perfect.

newmug wrote: »
    Thanks Pleasant Co! That's exactly what I wanted. But instead of wiping everything re-uploading things, it gave me an option to "uncheck" entire albums, so they're still in my library if I ever want to put them onto my ipod, while they're now NOT on my ipod anymore. Perfect.

That's great news! only took them a decade to add that option :D

Advertisement