Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get a word file printed out?

Options
  • 27-05-2014 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭

I have to have a word file printed out by Thursday and our printer decided to break so I'll have to go into a print shop, anywhere do it cheap? It's a bit of a ridiculously long file, 90 pages with colour.

I went into a print shop near me and it was 50 cent a sheet, 45 euro!! Please tell me there's somewhere cheaper in the city...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Your local library is often the best value - the Central Library is on Grand Parade.

Do you need to print in colour? It's cheaper if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

blindsider wrote: »
    Your local library is often the best value - the Central Library is on Grand Parade.

Do you need to print in colour? It's cheaper if you don't.

Yeah I need colour :( Might just give in and pay the 45 even though that's a ridiculous amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

How many pages actually need colour? It might be possible to find a way to split a pdf of your doc so that you have one with just the colour pages, and one with all the rest, and then collate them yourself by hand later.

Knasher wrote: »
    How many pages actually need colour? It might be possible to find a way to split a pdf of your doc so that you have one with just the colour pages, and one with all the rest, and then collate them yourself by hand later.

About 75% have colour, I suppose I could do that but I'd still be looking at ~€30.

That probably is what I'll have to do actually to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

With that frequency it probably isn't worth it unfortunately, especially if you are planning on printing in duplex.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

At €45, it would be cheaper to buy a new printer!

Faith wrote: »
    At €45, it would be cheaper to buy a new printer!

They don't come with ink though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Hotale.com wrote: »
    They don't come with ink though! :pac:

Every time I bought a printer there was one complete set of ink in the box...

ianobrien wrote: »
    Every time I bought a printer there was one complete set of ink in the box...

Seriously? I actually might consider it so..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I checked that actually, because I wasn't sure. It doesn't say either way in the ad, but it does specifically say that a USB cable isn't included. The first handful of reviews also don't mention there not being any ink, and I think it's standard to include ink (albeit a relatively small amount) with a printer. I've never bought one without ink anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Do you know any CIT students ? They can print at 15 cent per page for colour printing.

Do you know any CIT students ? They can print at 15 cent per page for colour printing.

Ohh, you hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Or check out the places on Western Rd.
    50c a page sounds expensive.

Advertisement